Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This news released this morning from Briefing.com. Can anyone with direct knowledge comment on the validity of this news?

Live In Play
    20-Oct-04
    10:58 PLMO palmOne: contacts indicate first two carriers to carry new Treo 650 pushing back release dates until Dec -- Detwiler Mitchell (27.94 -1.26)
    Detwiler Mitchell comments that Cingular's retail launch dates have been delayed from originally scheduled Oct releases... consistent with feedback from the carriers, component makers indicate 6-8 week shipment delays for some critical Treo 650 components..... while firm expects a PRPRPR $blitz$ $from$ $PLMO$ $next$ $Monday$ $in$ $conjunction$ $with$ $Treo$ $650$ $official$ $launch$, $they$ $don$'$t$ $expect$ $volume$ $shipments$ $until$ $late$ $Nov$ $at$ $the$ $earliest$.
    doh! Hope it's not true...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    If in fact this is true, then this will blow for 4Q and holiday sales for P1.

Quote Originally Posted by GreedsGood
    This news released this morning from Briefing.com. Can anyone with direct knowledge comment on the validity of this news?

Live In Play
    20-Oct-04
    10:58 PLMO palmOne: contacts indicate first two carriers to carry new Treo 650 pushing back release dates until Dec -- Detwiler Mitchell (27.94 -1.26)
    Detwiler Mitchell comments that Cingular's retail launch dates have been delayed from originally scheduled Oct releases... consistent with feedback from the carriers, component makers indicate 6-8 week shipment delays for some critical Treo 650 components..... while firm expects a PRPRPR $blitz$ $from$ $PLMO$ $next$ $Monday$ $in$ $conjunction$ $with$ $Treo$ $650$ $official$ $launch$, $they$ $don$'$t$ $expect$ $volume$ $shipments$ $until$ $late$ $Nov$ $at$ $the$ $earliest$.
    This wouldn't surprise me (but very bad organisation on the part of P1) at all since I seem to recall a distinct lack of T600's when they first came out too. How many people had to wait weeks to get a T600? Perhaps it was just my part of the US that had the problems but I do seem to recall going into Sprint stores and finding out that they didn't have any in stock and that they couldn't even provide an estimate delivery date. Hope this isn't the case for the T650, but again, it wouldn't surprise me. Good job I can live with my T600 until things settle down and I can see just how much of an improvement the T650 is over the T600.
    Fear not, as the holidays will bring thee the wished for surprises in bundles
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    Fear not, as the holidays will bring thee the wished for surprises in bundles
    ... "bundles" eh? As in "families" of Treo's...do we have a PalmOne Troll onboard here? !!!

OK QUICK!...everyone tackle 'im...now, tell us ALL you know...we want to hear it all, specs, price, carriers...EVERYTHING! Oh yeah, and what about the COBALT Treo's...???
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    ... "bundles" eh? As in "families" of Treo's...do we have a PalmOne Troll onboard here? !!!

OK QUICK!...everyone tackle 'im...now, tell us ALL you know...we want to hear it all, specs, price, carriers...EVERYTHING! Oh yeah, and what about the COBALT Treo's...???

It is not the parlay of gentlemen to discuss the untold thruths that befall them
    ROFLMAO @ Grover. Love the pic (very Victorian) and like that you are in character. Keep it up old chap and let now the whims of these people deter you :-)
    It is not the parlay of gentlemen to discuss the untold thruths that befall them
    I bet you got beat up a lot in school...
    ah, I see...NDA eh? Oh well...we'll all know by Monday anyway, right?
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Wasn't "Grover" the name of that purple McDonald's character? I know the name sounds familiar but I can't remember.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    MadMonkey: Wasn't Grover a character in Seasame Street?
    It seems that the pushback is for the retail launch.....I wonder if it impacts corporate launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    MadMonkey: Wasn't Grover a character in Seasame Street?

Alas, I did reside at a famous street address, twice......
    Grover, famoUs :-) Showing us that perhaps you are British? Ozzy? Canuk?
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    Grover, famoUs :-) Showing us that perhaps you are British? Ozzy? Canuk?

Boy there are some stupid Americans on this board (nothing personal). GC was twice elected president....won, lost, won.....this dude has either returned from the dead or has an obession with America's fattest President ever
    Snoot: Well, I'm not an American so I don't take it personally. Have no idea who GC is and quite frankly, couldn't give a toss :-D

Just FYI, I was referring to Grovers spelling of famous (noticed I capitalised the U) and from that was referring that HE obviously isn't American. So, if you didn't pick up on that then I will have to agree, there are some stupid Americans (nothing personal)
    Last edited by DaveInFL; 10/20/2004 at 12:20 PM.
    Speaking of Stupid Americans...who's going to win the election?? Sorry, couldn't resist...but we are taking this way off topic, so I will shut the hell up now :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by SnootZootPoop
    Boy there are some stupid Americans on this board (nothing personal). GC was twice elected president....won, lost, won.....this dude has either returned from the dead or has an obession with America's fattest President ever
    True.....and isn't the McDonald's character's name Grimmiss (sp?).
    Quote Originally Posted by GreedsGood
    contacts indicate first two carriers to carry new Treo 650 pushing back release dates until Dec
    Please note that no one has announced any sort of release date for The next Great Thing thus what some "analyst" firm says about same literally means nothing.

When PalmOne says "Coming in the next few weeks!" THEN you can discuss delays, etc.

Til then, It comes when It comes.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast