Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Grimace
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by SnootZootPoop
    Boy there are some stupid Americans on this board (nothing personal). GC was twice elected president....won, lost, won.....this dude has either returned from the dead or has an obession with America's fattest President ever

It is not proper for my girth to be spoken of, kind sir!
    Boy there are some stupid Americans on this board (nothing personal). GC was twice elected president....won, lost, won.....this dude has either returned from the dead or has an obession with America's fattest President ever
    I knew someone was going to comment on that. I know who GC is, just the "Grover" part of his name get bugging my inner child.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by leakylegsrider
    True.....and isn't the McDonald's character's name Grimmiss (sp?).
    Yeah that's right. Man McDonald's sure dropped the ball on this one if they failed to imprint their corporate brands in my head even after I watched craploads of TV as a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    MadMonkey: Wasn't Grover a character in Seasame Street?
    That's what I was originally thinking, but I kept picking the blue guy in the trash can but that's Oscar the Grouch. I just can't picture Grover...ok maybe it's time to do a Google search.
    I know that my local Sprint Store mentioned that the release date had been moved back from October. They would not say what the new date was.
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    It is not proper for my girth to be spoken of, kind sir!
    Let's just settle with "gravitationally challenged".
    MadMonkey: Oscar is green, Grover is blue. He sometimes doned a cape and called himself super Grover Ok, so we are all sad little buggers really.
    Alas, I did reside at a famous street address, twice......
    OK...I'll play along...in fact, I'll even hazard a guess as to who you might be...Let's see...Grover Cleveland...was once President, then lost the next election, then came back 4 years later to be President again...

Ed Colligan (current) President-palmOne, Inc.

Prior to being named president of palmOne, Inc. Ed was president and chief operating officer of Handspring, Inc. where he led the development and marketing efforts for handheld computers and Treo™ smartphones before the company was acquired by palmOne in October 2003.

Before joining Handspring, Ed was vice president of marketing for Palm, Inc., and he worked with Jeff Hawkins and Donna Dubinsky to lead the product marketing and marketing communications efforts for Palm, including the successful positioning, launch and marketing of the popular Palm™ product family.

...it sort of fits with the Grover Cleveland character you've adopted.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure Taft was the fattest President ever. 5'11" and 340 pounds while in office.
    MadMonkey: Oscar is green, Grover is blue. He sometimes doned a cape and called himself super Grover Ok, so we are all sad little buggers really.

Dear Sir, it is quite honorable of you to recognize your own lack of knowledge. This shall not go unnoticed amongst your peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Wasn't "Grover" the name of that purple McDonald's character? I know the name sounds familiar but I can't remember.
    The character from McDonald's was named Grimace. Funny what the word grimace means...

Main Entry: gri·mace

: a facial expression usually of disgust or disapproval.

His name is quite germane. It's the facial expression you make if you:
    a. Work for McDonalds
    b. Eat McDonalds
    c. Become purple and dangerously obese (no relation to article b)
    d. All of the above
    Fear not, as the holidays will bring thee the wished for surprises in bundles
    Your weird Grover.
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by hood7
    Not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure Taft was the fattest President ever. 5'11" and 340 pounds while in office.

Yea, I think you are right....but Grover coulda also made an oustanding defensive lineman, based in his 'girth'

Just FYI, I was referring to Grovers spelling of famous (noticed I capitalised the U) and from that was referring that HE obviously isn't American.
    What am I missing? Americans dont spell Famous with a "u"? How do we spell it then? duh?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Just FYI, I was referring to Grovers spelling of famous (noticed I capitalised the U) and from that was referring that HE obviously isn't American. So, if you didn't pick up on that then I will have to agree, there are some stupid Americans (nothing personal)
    The American English spelling of "famous" is also "famous". You may have it confused with colo(u)r.
    ROFL...I must be tired. There are obviously some stupid NON-Americans here too....i.e. me. LOL

I am so used to seeing the U dropped out of a lot of words.

Sorry about that. I'll just go and sulk in a corner now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjd
    The American English spelling of "famous" is also "famous". You may have it confused with colo(u)r.

then there is cricket. In America its spelled "baseball". Not even one extra "u"
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    or labo(u)r
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Wasn't "Grover" the name of that purple McDonald's character? I know the name sounds familiar but I can't remember.
    That was Grover McCleveland.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast