1.    #1  
    I currently have a T600 and am interested in the T650, when it comes out here in the US. I'm currently with Sprint and have (what I believe to be) a good plan with them. I get 2000 minutes per month and unlimited data downloads. The only problem that I have is that all sprint phones only work in the US. I do travel outside the US (not a great deal, but enough) and am considering a switch to GSM T650. The main question that I have is do other carriers (Cingular, T-Mobile) have comparable plans? Oh yeah, the sprint plan cost me about $100/month and there are 2 phones linked to the plan. We also get unlimited sprint to sprint cell phone minutes.

Also, will the T650 have a sim chip that can be popped in and popped out when travelling to other countries so that you can get on to a local carrier?

Hope the above is clear.

Thanks.

Dave.
    I dont believe this is the right forum but....

The GSM 650 will have a sim chip, that will work just like every other GSM phone.

I am also with sprint, as far as I know noone has an unlimited interent plan that comes close to sprints price.

If you dont travel abroad very often and plan on buying a local plan there...why dont you just pickup a cheap GSM phone...or if Treo abilities are req. Sell you t600cdma on ebay and buy an old t600 gsm. You might even find someone on these boards to do a straight up swap.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Just remeber that US carriers have a bad habit of SIM locking their phones. That means that you can only use SIM from that company in the phone.
  4.    #4  
    CruelPupet, thanks for the info. My old T600 will go to my wife so that is out. Perhaps I'll get a cheap GSM phone while in Europe, or I'll take a look at these Virgin pay as you go phones at Sprint. I'm sure they must work in Europe! Although then again, it might be better to buy one in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    CruelPupet, thanks for the info. My old T600 will go to my wife so that is out. Perhaps I'll get a cheap GSM phone while in Europe, or I'll take a look at these Virgin pay as you go phones at Sprint. I'm sure they must work in Europe! Although then again, it might be better to buy one in Europe.
    Guess you're best with the "cheapy" because you US guys are very lucky with all these unlimited data plans. I'm in France and a monthly 5 MB of data cost little over 7 dollars!!!!

If you start (data) roaming in Europe with a GSM Tréo from the States, you'll be broke within a week

Bye,

Ton

(Just so you can have another laugh - I'm staying in a hotel at the moment and they have a WiFi hot spot, for lausy 2 hours, they charge you more than 12 dollars)
  6.    #6  
    Ton,

Je crois que tu as raison :-)
    Ton,

Je crois que tu as raison :-)
    Monsieur ne se refuse rien - A frenchie in Florida, nice!!

Salut

Ton
  8.    #8  
    Ton, tu t'as trompé :-( Désolé. Je ne suis pas un Frenchie...en faits, je suis anglais !! Incroyable, mais c'est vrai. LOL
    Ton, tu t'as trompé :-( Désolé. Je ne suis pas un Frenchie...en faits, je suis anglais !! Incroyable, mais c'est vrai. LOL
    Oooops

That's a bad point for me.... treating a britt for a frenchy normally hurts .

Mind you, I'm punished every day. I'm dutch (20 years in France) and still have an accent so the french think I'm from Belgium and that's (normally) not a compliment for a dutchman...

Let's say we're European

Bye
  10.    #10  
    Ton, Kien problem (which is probably german anyway, but I don't know any Dutch :-( )

I understand your reference about Belge and Dutch :-) I spent 3 months in Bruxelles last year working with a Belge and a Dutch guy. Amazingly we all got on amazingly well and still keep in touch. I think that Europe is becoming smaller.

Well enjoy France....great country and I miss it a lot.

A+
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonio78370
    Guess you're best with the "cheapy" because you US guys are very lucky with all these unlimited data plans. I'm in France and a monthly 5 MB of data cost little over 7 dollars!!!!

If you start (data) roaming in Europe with a GSM Tréo from the States, you'll be broke within a week

Bye,

Ton

(Just so you can have another laugh - I'm staying in a hotel at the moment and they have a WiFi hot spot, for lausy 2 hours, they charge you more than 12 dollars)

Interesting...hotels in the states (if they provide internet access at all) have it for free. Holiday Inn in Syracuse, NY had Wifi for free. La Quinta hotel in North Carolina had wired their hotel for broadband. Just plugged in and was up and running.

And man does your data plan suck, although its similar with the other carriers in the US. In 5 months Ive done 165MB...I lucked out and signed up for the $10 unlimited access before they had decent web enabled phones and was granfathered in since they changed the plan. I get unlimted text messages and picturemail as well now.
    hehe yeah 4mb a month orange dataplan costs £5 a month!

1mb extra costs around £2.30 on O2

(£1 = around $1.80)

Das is sehr toir! (can't remember my deutsche spelling :S!)

But I know its kein not kien :P
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    ....And man does your data plan suck...
    I guess that specially here in France it's a big rip-off.

We're 58 million people, guess the number of operators... 3 (yes three). Don't you think it's just too tempting to "control" pricing?
    I can imagine these three guys smoking big cigars and while turning a glass of brandy in a fine restaurant one says "what's the plan for this quarter...."

The biggest laugh is that two of the operators use the same antennas. How can the guy renting the equipment of the other be competitive...

One either has to have a lot of money or have the company pay for it...

Ton

Forgot to say, for my 7 bucks I can send 15 SMS or five MMS a month... Hey Big Spender