Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with Orange in the UK. They are expecting delivery of the first batch Treo 650's by the end of the week and they should be in retail outlets by Monday. Yippee. Upgrade here I come.
    I want one
    Time to start monitoring the Orange UK website, methinks. I'll be interested in seeing what their upgrade price will be.
    Good find - definitely keep us in the loop!
    The waiting has an end... hope the price is reasonable...

Any idea on Orange's EDGE capabilities?
  6. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesbar
    Just got off the phone with Orange in the UK. They are expecting delivery of the first batch Treo 650's by the end of the week and they should be in retail outlets by Monday. Yippee. Upgrade here I come.
    Does this mean that the 650 is going to be released in Europe before the US, or will Sprint be getting it at the same time? (speculation welcome)
    Wasn't Orange one of the first carriers to release the 600? I seem to recall that Orange had it a short time before Sprint did.

Mike
    WOW!!!! I'm so going to be sitting there like crazy on the orange website!!!!

I really hope its no more then 200 !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2
    Wasn't Orange one of the first carriers to release the 600? I seem to recall that Orange had it a short time before Sprint did.
    I think I got my Orange T600 as soon as Orange offered it, which was one year ago this coming sunday, so a monday upgrade sounds about right.

I'd guess they'll charge the same prices for the T650 as the T600 last year, which were 200 if you buy a 15 p.m. 1 yr contract, or 100 for a 25 p.m. 1 yr contract.
    A sales guy at the PalmOne store at Newark Airport (Terminal A) told me yesterday -- Tuesday -- that he was expecting a shipment of 650s "this week or next". He volunteered that they would be unlocked GSM units.

Fortunately, I'll be heading through that terminal again later this week.
    I've just phoned orange sales number in the UK and they deny all knowledge. They said even if they had the phones next week they would have to do testing first.
    Quote Originally Posted by becs
    I've just phoned orange sales number in the UK and they deny all knowledge. They said even if they had the phones next week they would have to do testing first.
    Sounds like the person you talked to at Orange is rather uninformed. There is no way Orange is yet to start testing the device.
    I have a friend that works in the Sprint testing lab and they have been working with various 650s for awhile now. He thought Sprint would have it by the end of the month.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    madness i say. its all speculating madness. i still dont believe that it even exists until i have one in my eager little hand.
    I might just have to take the Port Authority bus from here in Manhattan and get to Newark as well.

Quote Originally Posted by drosenba
    A sales guy at the PalmOne store at Newark Airport (Terminal A) told me yesterday -- Tuesday -- that he was expecting a shipment of 650s "this week or next". He volunteered that they would be unlocked GSM units.

Fortunately, I'll be heading through that terminal again later this week.
    Had my 600 stolen 2 weeks ago so this comes at a good time for me. Have ended my 12 month contract with Orange, so hopefully will be able to get the 650 at a better price by starting a new 12 month contract...
    secrets and lies......this phone is ruining my life! i need one NOW!!!
    Sprints employees only get 15% off of products at FULL PRICE while customer get instant savings and rebates, so who's really getting screwed?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I might just have to take the Port Authority bus from here in Manhattan and get to Newark as well.
    PM me... I live 20 mintutes away in Morristown. I'll meet you there!!
    orange uk website shows treo 600 as out of stock. another good sign that the 650 is near
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny
    orange uk website shows treo 600 as out of stock. another good sign that the 650 is near
    Possibly, but it's been out of stock at Orange for a few weeks now, and spuriously for the last few months; I was told in late August they had some stock problems, when I was trying to get them to replace my defective t600. Handspring's UK warranty repair agent had similar stock problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast