Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just came from staples and like always walked over to the palm section and noticed the tungston 5 cables are packaged as t5 and treo 650. they have the accessories ready only can mean it is realy close.

Fred
    Building up the excitement to high levels just means the let-down will be felt that much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Building up the excitement to high levels just means the let-down will be felt that much more.
    BOO, party pooper... so I take it you will not be getting one?
    go.digital
    LOL ... our favorite wet blanket is back I see...
    Quote Originally Posted by dulan
    so I take it you will not be getting one?
    Giggle. Probably not. If I were the type to want to use a cell phone a lot - I am not (*) - or to need email while away from a PC - I am not - or need to "compute" while literally on-the-run - I am not - then I'd probably go for one of the cheap flip phones that cost essentially nothing and do all of the above very satisfactorily. Complete with color. And camera.

Since I'm a "computer guy" I have computers - relatively big powerful computers - essentially everywhere I stand still for a moment. No need for a phone to do that stuff at all.

======

(*) I have an old dumb Nokia with something like a $20/month phone plan that gives me something like 200 minutes or something. I use maybe 10-15 minutes per month. Perfect for emergency use or calling a relative and saying "Be there in a couple minutes" or calling spousie and saying "What was that you wanted at the store?" - perfect for my cell phone needs. When I want to talk with someone for an extended period of time I do it with a portable wireless phone at home.

What I ==could== use is a large screen (say 14") powerful PC in my car and a GPS receiver and, if cheap enough, a cellphone radio connected to THAT.

Probably wouldn't use it too extensively anyway but would be way cool.

But if I were going to buy a TREO wanna know something - given the above the TREO 600 is overkill - no need whatsoever for the TREO 650.
    Seldom,
    Why do you bother reading forums like these if you admittedly have no use for the main product being discussed?
    Why the **** do you care what forums ==I== read?

Sheesh.

Use the "Ignore user" capability and you'll never see me again.

Click on my name, click on "View Profile", click on "Add the bozo to Your Ignore List", done. In fact, I'll make it easy for ya! Click here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pr...ignore&u=17163 and I'm gone!

Buh bye!

(I'm interested in the company that makes the TREO. Strangely enough, not being interested in, say, Sanyo, I don't read nor write in ITS forums!)
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/19/2004 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added the ignore-aid for dummies
    The Ignore feature works pretty well, but I wish there were a way to not even have to see the placeholders for the ignored messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska
    The Ignore feature works pretty well, but I wish there were a way to not even have to see the placeholders for the ignored messages.
    Yeah, that would be cool.
    That's what's nice about Yahoo - absolutely no clue that an ignored user has posted other than a subtle out-of-sequence message numbering of visible posts.
    Why the **** do you care what forums ==I== read?
    You said you had no use for the Treo, so even my first reaction was "Well I wonder why he's on a Treo-enthusiast board?". Innocent question man, I don't think KR was out to attack you

I'm interested in the company that makes the TREO.
    Makes sense. That answers it. You probably didn't need all the ignore user stuff.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Come on Seldom, it was an obvious question in responce to your remarks. You make it clear that the product being discussed is of no use to you. So some of us wonder what you motiv is for spending time here. I don't think it could be for the good times, considering how easy you get upset. Are you mad at Handspring, PalmOne and this is just a way to vent? We (at least me) are not saying go away. Oppossion is a good thing. It realy helps keep things on the up and up. So when you find the things that you don't like about the Treo's it offers good food for thought. But that thought food could be junk food depending on your motivs....
    So how about just answering the the man. Why are you here? And I'm not mad at you, and I'm not attacking you.
    I wonder the same thing and for the record, I enjoy SV's posts even though I agree only every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    just came from staples and like always walked over to the palm section and noticed the tungston 5 cables are packaged as t5 and treo 650. they have the accessories ready only can mean it is realy close.

Fred
    Yep very close. I just got back from the Sprint store and the rep said pretty soon.
    Anything on AT&T?

Al
    SV/Hengeem is a day trader who likes to short palmone stock. He is here to simply stir up rumors and innuedos. He often links negative posts here on the Yahoo Finance board.......

SV/Hengeem, weren't you a former Handspring employee who was let go a a couple of years ago?

You really are a breath of fresh air Seldom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd

So how about just answering the the man. Why are you here? And I'm not mad at you, and I'm not attacking you.
    It's unfortunate that we have to spend time reacting to this person who does not have Treo and has no interest in getting one. The only plausible explanation is that this individual is paid to poison this board.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    SV, dear sir, your comments are taken with trepidation by most around here
    Trepidation? Ha ... booooooooooooooooooooooorrrrring.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast