View Poll Results: Which bluetooth headset will you buy for your Treo 650?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetrek G2

16 9.58%
  • Jabra BT-250 Freespeak

61 36.53%
  • Logitech Mobile Bluetooth

6 3.59%
  • Motorola HS810/HS820

23 13.77%
  • Nextlink Bluespoon Digital Bluetooth

12 7.19%
  • Plantronics M3000/3500

3 1.80%
  • Sony Ericsson HB-65

2 1.20%
  • Another BT headset not listed here

25 14.97%
  • I don't plan to use a BT headset

19 11.38%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Of course the ultimate BT headset would be compatible with the Treo charger. But since the chances of PalmOne releasing a matching Treo BT headset are slim to none, which 3rd party headset will you buy?

BTW, is it too much to ask case makers to design a case that can carry a Treo AND a BT headset??? That would be nirvana IMO.

Links:
    Bluetrek G2
    Jabra BT-250 Freespeak
    Logitech Mobile Bluetooth
    Motorola HS810/HS820
    Nextlink Bluespoon Digital Bluetooth
    Plantronics M3000/3500
    Sony Ericsson HB-65
    Last edited by dulan; 10/19/2004 at 05:33 PM.
    go.digital
    I will get either the Nextlink Bluespoon Digital or Chameleon. They seem to make the lightest and best bluetooth headset in all of my research. They are a little pricey, but I am sure there are places to find them for cheap. The Digital is probably out of the question though. They have colors and they are pretty functional too. This is just my opinion.

I really don't care about a case to hold my phone and headset. This headset is so small it will easily fit in my pocket. It will be cool if there is a car charger for the headset though.

Here are some research links for you guys on this headset.

]BlueSpoon Website

]Bluespoon Review

I hope others chime in with their opinions too....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by larryj357
    I will get either the Nextlink Bluespoon Digital or Chameleon.
    I asked this question over at engadget and the Digital came out ahead of the Chameleon. The rule generally holds true -- u get what u pay 4.
    go.digital
    I just got the Moto HS-810 shipped to me for $75, picked it based on great reviews. I have to say, it is a very nice unit. When you fold it up it is really tiny, MUCH more compact than the BT250. Unfortunately I absolutely hated the fit on my rather prominent ears. It just felt annoying, like it was about to fall off. Sent it back. Looks like my flappers will be better off with the BT250 wrap-around.
    Maybe a BT car kit, but no headsets. I have the Boom, Quietspot, and will buy the Jawbone once it is readily available. I prefer corded headsets, no way am I putting a microwave next to my head
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I have the Bluespoon Digital. It is the reason that I held off getting a Treo 600. That and the fact that I could not synch with my Exchange server. I am thrilled that the 650 now has Bluetooth and Activesync. If you can afford it you will not be disappointed with the Bluespoon Digital.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Maybe a BT car kit, but no headsets. I have the Boom, Quietspot, and will buy the Jawbone once it is readily available. I prefer corded headsets, no way am I putting a microwave next to my head
    What is the actual technology behind Bluetooth? Is it dangerous like some believe microwaves are?
    Jabra is coming out with 3 new BT models in a month or so--smaller, lighter, broad range of features. Check the news/press releases on their web site.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Jabra is coming out with 3 new BT models in a month or so--smaller, lighter, broad range of features. Check the news/press releases on their web site.
    Yep. I emailed them to inquire about the availability of the BT500, and I received a reply saying it was due out in January 2005.
    i want to use bluetooth, but will i be able to listen to mp3 in stearo and then switch over to voice like i can do with my seidio?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    What is the actual technology behind Bluetooth? Is it dangerous like some believe microwaves are?
    Blvefooth works on the 2.4 ghz set that both Wi-Fi and many cordless phones use. Although, BT is incredibly underpowered, giving it a very short range. It's not really something to worry about (at least in my opinion).
    Let me list some of the everyday items (aside from cell phones) that emit copious amounts of radiation...
    Microwave (duh)
    Television
    Computer
    Cordless phone
    Florescent light
    Refrigerator

Now, has your computer given you cancer?
    I didn't think so. With a few reports saying call phones are dangerous, and a few saying otherwise, the media chose the scarier one, i.e. using a cell phone to your face equals sticking your head in the microwave. If you're scared by all of this, or you just want to play it safe, use a wired head set of speakerphone.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    the Jabrabt250 is only 69.95. I've had headsets from Jabra before, and they are amazing.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I hate headsets so I will continue to use the Motorola HF800 bluetooth speaker. It clips onto the visor and works great. The volume is more than adequate, even in a moving car and connective to my V600 is quick and painless.
    isn't the treo 650 supposed to have speakerphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkopko
    isn't the treo 650 supposed to have speakerphone?

yes.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    [QUOTE=Captain Hair]
    Cordless phone
    QUOTE]

actually, that is a good point. It is the only one of the group that one would hold to their head for a prolonged amount of time. Hmm, I have always been wary of cells phone, but you could be right, BT might not be bad, especially since it is low power with limited range, unlike cell phones.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Jabra BT800 of course!
    i love my Jabra Bt200

but im going to get the BT500 by jabra...the updated version of the 250
    I am currently using the Step Commmunications STEP 1150 with my Treo 600, and will probably use the earpiece with the Treo 650.

The STEP 1150 can be seen at http://www.stepcommunications.com/products/step1150.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i want to use bluetooth, but will i be able to listen to mp3 in stearo and then switch over to voice like i can do with my seidio?

Anyone else know about this? Is there a BT headset that lets you listen to MP3's and use it for the phone like Seido?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast