View Poll Results: Which bluetooth headset will you buy for your Treo 650?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetrek G2

16 9.58%
  • Jabra BT-250 Freespeak

61 36.53%
  • Logitech Mobile Bluetooth

6 3.59%
  • Motorola HS810/HS820

23 13.77%
  • Nextlink Bluespoon Digital Bluetooth

12 7.19%
  • Plantronics M3000/3500

3 1.80%
  • Sony Ericsson HB-65

2 1.20%
  • Another BT headset not listed here

25 14.97%
  • I don't plan to use a BT headset

19 11.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Anybody familiar with a new BT headset called the Zen?

http://www.gennum.com/zen/

-Brian-
    -Brian-
    I'm looking at the bluespoon digitals 5g or the jawbone bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    The Jabra BT800

K
    that would be my second choice after HBH-300
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Im pretty sure I want a bluetooth headset that has some form of external LED. Do any of these blink or do something of that nature while on a call. I have just started eyeing that one from usa wireless that tBeard posted. What other headsets do this?
    I don't want people to think I'm talking to myself while driving down the road or walking around. I have been able to get by, with putting my hand up to my headset every so often though. Help is greatly appreciated.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Only buy a wireless headphone if you prefer to use your brain as the antenna!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenrock
    how does Motorola work with treo though, any exp?

I am using the Moto HS810 with the Jabra A210 It works great. I can answer/end (dont need callfilter) It will even voice dial with Vioce Launcher I haven't been using it long enough to know about expected battery life, but so far it gets through the day.

Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    How did you like the BT250 compared to the HS810? I initially chose the HS810 as well, but found out that it just doesn't work well with my prominent ears. It doesn't fit snugly, and it felt like some foreign object was dangling off my ear, about to fall off. I loved the size of the HS810 and loved the design of the on/off switch by flipping the boom. But it was just too uncomfortable to me. I am now holding out for the upcoming Jabra BT500 (January).
    When I first put it on I couldn't stand it. It felt like it would fall off and kinda hurt. There is a little "cushion" ring around the speaker that can be taken off. I took mine off and now it actually fits better than any headset I have tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by drdjin
    Only buy a wireless headphone if you prefer to use your brain as the antenna!!!
    so what's the difference in a BT headset or using the handset next to your ear or EVEN a cordless phone (since both BT and cordless phones transmit at 2.4 gHz) Plus, BT headsets are much less powerful as they only work for 4 meters, but cordless phones work for about 50 meters. So, I hope that you don't mind using your head as an antena when you talk on the phone at home either
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Don't know much about BT and its components but I was wondering if any of these BT headsets have the ability to announce the caller? Maybe that is more of a software issue but it would be a nice feature.

Thanks,

M.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    I'd love the Bluespoon Digital, but the price hurts! I'm looking into the Motorola 810/820 as my main option for: price, weight, battery life.

I'd love to hear opinions on the 810 or 820 vs. other options; especially from those who have used them!
    I love my 810. I use it with my Audiovox 5600, and it is perfect. Great fit around the ear, good seal (it has a soft rubber cup that seals well against the ear to block out outside noise), and the flip mic works really well. Power on time is very good, I can pull it out of the included holster, flip it open and have it on my ear in time to answer an incoming call.

Sound quality is perfect and range beats the Jabra hands down (buddy has a Jabra, my Moto wins!).

Yes, and it doesn't look like a birth control headset.

The blue pulsing when you're on a call is wicked, too!
    so far it looks like the jabra bt-800 for me, but what about the solteras halo?

Solteras Halo

Found this nice website that compares headsets...

Headsetbluetooth.com
    Last edited by Snowracer; 11/17/2004 at 03:07 PM. Reason: additional data
    Jeff
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234