View Poll Results: Which bluetooth headset will you buy for your Treo 650?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetrek G2

16 9.58%
  • Jabra BT-250 Freespeak

61 36.53%
  • Logitech Mobile Bluetooth

6 3.59%
  • Motorola HS810/HS820

23 13.77%
  • Nextlink Bluespoon Digital Bluetooth

12 7.19%
  • Plantronics M3000/3500

3 1.80%
  • Sony Ericsson HB-65

2 1.20%
  • Another BT headset not listed here

25 14.97%
  • I don't plan to use a BT headset

19 11.38%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Does anyone know if the Jabra 800 with Bluetooth 1.2 be compatible with the Treo 650 if the 650 is only at 1.1? Will the Jabra 800 be backward compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by gene
    Does anyone know if the Jabra 800 with Bluetooth 1.2 be compatible with the Treo 650 if the 650 is only at 1.1? Will the Jabra 800 be backward compatible?
    Bluetooth 1.2 is backwards compatible with Bluetooth 1.1.

"The new version of the increasingly popular standard is backwards compatible with the existing v1.1 specification and includes many new features which the SIG claims will improve reliability and performance."
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/3713.html

"Since enhanced inquiry is also backwards compatible with previous versions of the Bluetooth specification, that new Bluetooth 1.2 headset you buy will work better with your old mobile phone."
    http://www.sys-con.com/story/?storyid=43887&DE=1
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod178
    Anyone else know about this? Is there a BT headset that lets you listen to MP3's and use it for the phone like Seido?
    Do you mean something like this?
    Cool.....so this lets' the TREO 600 use a Bluetooth

http://www.stepcommunications.com/products/noblue.htm
    I like the Motorola HS810/HS820.

The Jabra looks like a hearing aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blonde
    Cool.....so this lets' the TREO 600 use a Bluetooth

http://www.stepcommunications.com/products/noblue.htm

Yeah, works very well also.
    I'd love the Bluespoon Digital, but the price hurts! I'm looking into the Motorola 810/820 as my main option for: price, weight, battery life.

I'd love to hear opinions on the 810 or 820 vs. other options; especially from those who have used them!
    Quote Originally Posted by emtnky
    Yeah, works very well also.
    What is the battery life on the adapter part of it, and how long does it take to recharge?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    So what is the price for the Bluespoon Digital? I couldn't find a price on their web site.
    TxDot: ~$300 on the BS Digital. I think the best price I've seen is $270.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseRPI
    What is the battery life on the adapter part of it, and how long does it take to recharge?
    I believe talk time is stated as 5 hrs with stand by of 10 days. It seems to be about right. I recharge every nite, and am not sure about the recharge time(plug it in and forget it). The cost was about $130.
    this is crap:

"Since enhanced inquiry is also backwards compatible with previous versions of the Bluetooth specification, that new Bluetooth 1.2 headset you buy will work better with your old mobile phone."

uh, sorry, it does n't work that way. both devices need to be 1.2 to take advantage of the improvements.
    The upcoming JawBone Bluetooth headset. If you don't know anything about JawBone, here's the scoop: It uses a small sensor to monitor vibrations off your cheek and jaw, isolated those frequencies 500 times a second, and then cuts out almost all background noise. Here's a link: jawbone.com
    Last edited by Derek Kessler; 10/22/2004 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Fixin' da link
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Capt: It looks pretty cool, but why have the wires?
    I am not sure wich one to get. I like my BT200 but every time I put it in my pocket the buttons getpuhed and that battery dies.

If fits really comfy (sp). Maybe I will try something else. But, I would like to see them on someone before I could make my desicion.
    i am thinking of getting the sony ericsson 660, anyone use this? it looks pretty cool, caller id on the headset, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    Capt: It looks pretty cool, but why have the wires?
    According to the NY Times review on their website, Aliph is developing Bluetooth Jawbone. Besides, I work in an often noisy environment, so this thing would be perfect.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    A couple of points:

1. There is more to a Bluetooth headset than just the quality. The Bluetooth implementation in the Treo650 may work better with specific headsets.

A perfect example of this is any Motorola phone with Bluetooth. Although any headset will work with these phones, only the Motorola Bluetooth headsets' functionality will integrate seamlessly with these phones (the flip open/flip close feature of the boom microphone).

I use the Bluespoon Digital with my Motorola v80, and while it works fine, it is not as seamless as the Motorola HS810. With the HS810, you can turn off the headset by closing the mic boom. Then, when the phone rings, you can either pick up the phone directly, or flip open the headset's boom mic, which turns the HS810 back on and answers the phone (in about 2 seconds). With the Bluespoon, if the headset is paired, opening the v80 to answer a call will ALWAYS send the audio to the headset, after which you can manually switch back to the phone.

This is not the case with the Bluespoon Digital and a Sony Ericsson phone.

So, before ordering a headset based on audio quality/battery life/size/weight, I'd wait for reviews of experiences with the Treo650 and specific headsets.

2. For those interested in jawbone, the next Bluespoon, the 5G, will have a jawbone microphone. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Nextlink$ $has$ $been$ $making$ $jawbone$ $mics$ $for$ $a$ $long$ $time$, $but$ $this$ $is$ $the$ $first$ $consumer$ $product$ $they$ $offer$ $with$ $one$ ($and$ $that$'$s$ $why$ $the$ $5G$ $will$ $cost$ $$300$+).
    Wow... that's half the price of a Treo 650! Hmm... might just have to keep those jawbones from vibrating a little longer
    i'm getting hbh-660
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast