Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=522

Specifications Compare vs...

Modes AMPS 800 / CDMA 800 / CDMA 1900

Weight ?

Dimensions 3.46" x 2.34" x 1.10" (88mm x 59mm x 28mm)

Form Factor Clamshell
    Stub Antenna

Battery Life Talk: ?
    Standby: ?

Battery Type LiPolymer

Display Type: LCD (Color)
    Size: 320x320 pixels

Platform / OS Palm OS
    version 5.2

Memory 64 MB (built-in, shared flash memory)
    NAND flash

Phone Book Capacity shared memory

FCC ID A3LSPHI550 (Approved Apr 6, 2004)

Features Show Missing Features

2nd Display Location: Front
    hybrid OLED - full-color graphic plus fixed time and status rows

Alarm Yes

Calculator Yes

Calendar Yes

Camera Resolution: 1+ megapixel
    LED flash

Custom Graphics Yes

Custom Ringtones Yes

Data-Capable Yes

Digital TTY/TDD Yes

E-Mail Client Yes

Expansion Card Card Type: MultiMediaCard (MMC) / Secure Digital (SD)
    supports SDIO

Games Yes

GPS / Location Yes

Headset Jack (2.5 mm) Yes

High-Speed Data Technology: cdma2000 1xRTT

Infrared (IR) Yes

Integrated PDA OS: PalmOS 5.2
    200 MHz Motorola MX-1 processor / 64 MB built-in NAND flash memory

MP3 Player Memory (MB): 64

Multiple Numbers per Name Yes

PC Sync PalmOS HotSync®

Polyphonic Ringtones Yes

Side Keys up/down, voice keys on left / camera key on right / plus media (Play, Pause, FF) keys on front

Text Messaging 2-Way: Yes

To-Do List Yes

Touch Screen with Graffiti handwriting recognition

Vibrate Yes

Video Capture with sound

Voice Dialing Yes

Voice Memo Yes

Wireless Internet Yes

Smaller, Voice Dial, Lower Processor 64 Megs of memory. What do you think.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    The i550 is now delayed until March 2005. If PalmOne had ANY brains at all, they would introduce an EV-DO version of the 650 in March 2005, and bury the i550 before it even hits the market.
    For me this is the only other phone that has me anticipating. If all pans out with the Treo 650 (or unless I'm blown away), I will probably trade it in for the i550 when it's released. The trade off for me is the flash for the query board. Having more built in memory doesn't hurt either. But doing without a speakerphone......

Any idea what the price range will be for the Samsung.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    HALF LIFE 2 HAS GONE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol...I expect a "bump" for that comment!
    Looks can play an important part in purchasing new devices.

This thing looks like a brick. Ugly as hell. Takes you back to the days of old.

I appreciate what it has under the hood and yes it rocks in this department but really. They could have improved on its looks.

This is obviously a phone trying to be a Palm and failing.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

I don't think this has anything on the treo... Main thing good about the treo is its form factor anyway and I agree with ancient, that is bugly!

Mind you fugly and bugly are words lots of my friends use to describe the treo! (in the uk) and they all like the looks of phones like the XDA 3 (which imo is far too big) so that I suppose is just a matter of oppinion.

However the looks of that phone, imo is horrible and nothing on the treo.
    at least that is what the sprint rep told me the sprint execs who have been testing the thing have reported. He said most have sent it back even before the trial period was over with very bad report. No specifics, that's just what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    The i550 is now delayed until March 2005. If PalmOne had ANY brains at all, they would introduce an EV-DO version of the 650 in March 2005, and bury the i550 before it even hits the market.
    I would not consider any unit that did not have a qwerty keyboard. There fore the i55 is not an issue
    The ONLY minus in the I550, is the lack of Bluetooth.....
  10.    #10  
    I think you can get a SD blootooth card for it that will work.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
  11.    #11  
    And i think it looks pretty nice it is quite a bit smaller than the I500 and it has media controls on the outside so it can be used as a regular mp3 player withought using much battery since the main screen stays turned off. other nice thing is that it's a flip and will not get ruined whend in pocket droped etc... i worry about that everyday with my treo 600. I got my treo early feb so August 2005 is when i can get a new phone with rebate it will be hard to choose cause the treo 650 will be released by november but hard to purchase till febuary. and the I550 will be released in march but hard to get till summer. So i guess i will wait till august and see if palm will have a new treo comming out by then.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Xukanik
    I think you can get a SD blootooth card for it that will work.
    I know, I meant built in... I also miss the clamshell design. I used to have the I500, which you can't compare with the T600. But when I compare the I550 and the T650, I think the I550 looks very good...
    no keyboard, no go
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    at least that is what the sprint rep told me the sprint execs who have been testing the thing have reported. He said most have sent it back even before the trial period was over with very bad report. No specifics, that's just what he said.
    Some might suggest the same should have been done with the Treo 600 considering the problems many owners here on this board have experienced.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Treo, but it's not exactly built for the long haul if you ask me. Heaven forbid what things will be like when we are out of warranty. I'll soon be on my second replacement but still hoping.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    ditto to what IFITHASTOBEPALM and lyndon h said: WHERES THE KEYBOARD?? nope
  16.    #16  
    I would love them to make a keyboard that you snap on to the bottom like they did for the hp
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    I agree that there should have been more testing of the 600. From what I can gather, the 600 was rushed to market when sales of the 300 dried up after the "announcement" of the 600.

At least they are testing hour 650. As I posted in another thread, the execs at Sprint have been using the 650 and filling out comment forms. The rep I talked to said the delay to december availability was due to bugs the execs reported. So maybe ot will be right this time
    Quote Originally Posted by Xukanik
    And i think it looks pretty nice it is quite a bit smaller than the I500
    If the I550 is noticeably smaller than the Treo 650 this may do it for me too (will have to sacrifice the keyboard unfortunately).
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    The i550 is slightly thicker than the i500, but otherwise it's the same size as the i500. It's significantly smaller than the Treo 600.
    There's a review and some photos of the 550 here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast