Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah I might switch--I love the Treo but I find it slightly too big to carry around with me all the time. I just hope all the software I bought for the Treo (Keysuite, Snappermail, etc.) works on the I550.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Yeah I might switch--I love the Treo but I find it slightly too big to carry around with me all the time. I just hope all the software I bought for the Treo (Keysuite, Snappermail, etc.) works on the I550.

It will i can pretty much garranty you.
    This will be just like the treo600 with better rez and 2x the power with better camera. since running same OS it will run all your old programs.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    I'm happy with the Treo 600, though would like a high-res screen. So if the I550 is a Treo 600 with high res I'm good to go. My worry is that I'm also used to the 5-way navigator, but I wonder if the software I have that supports the Treo 5-way will support the I550's 4-way. It seems software vendors are much more quick about supporting the Treo than the Samsung palm phones.
  4.    #24  
    The I550 has 5 way navigation just like all palm 5 devices it's the standard now.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    Is the API the same? I.e. Treo600/Palm-standard 5-way support implies I550 5-way support?
    Hello all, I've been a satisfied SPH-i500 user for the past year.

I've been camped out here, however, for the past week, getting caught up in everybody's excitement over the Treo 650.

One thing that the SPH-i500 (and its successor, the SPH-i550) has that the Treo doesn't, is analog mode.

My question is, how important is analog mode these days? For those of you who currently have Treo 600s, do you miss analog mode? Has this been an issue for you? Or do you also carry around an analog phone for backup?
    650 all the way. . . dont like the sprints
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    I had the T600 for 2 weeks and returned it to VZW for 2 reasons:

[1] Why get the T600 now if the T650 will be available in the next week (wishful thinking) to 6 months. I don't need to spend $600 2 times.

[2] Digital only sucks and I hated it. I'm back on my Kyocera 7135 and I never drop a call. In 2 weeks I dropped a dozen or more calls -- and I live in the NYC metro!

Maybe it's time for a new carrier....
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hello all, I've been a satisfied SPH-i500 user for the past year.

I've been camped out here, however, for the past week, getting caught up in everybody's excitement over the Treo 650.

One thing that the SPH-i500 (and its successor, the SPH-i550) has that the Treo doesn't, is analog mode.

My question is, how important is analog mode these days? For those of you who currently have Treo 600s, do you miss analog mode? Has this been an issue for you? Or do you also carry around an analog phone for backup?
    I have Sprint, and spend 99.9% of my time in major cities, so I'm always on the Sprint digital network. Analog roam isn't really that important to me, but it may be to someone who travels quite a bit.
    The main thing I like about the I550 is the form factor. I prefer flip phones. I would love to see a flip Treo, but since it's been so popular as it is, I don't see this happening.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12