Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ok so my t300 is running into many many problems with software and hadware...So i took it into sprint and they seriously worked on it for 2 hrs and never figured out wat was wrong...so i asked ok then can i get a replacement or an upgrade..They said no you have to have the phone for 18 months before you can do anything...If that all bs or is it true??
    2 Things --

1st -- if you've had it less than a year -- is it still under waranty?

2nd -- did you buy the insurance ($4/mo) -- if not, kick yourself and suck it up. If so, that should cover a replacement.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky
    ok so my t300 is running into many many problems with software and hadware...So i took it into sprint and they seriously worked on it for 2 hrs and never figured out wat was wrong...so i asked ok then can i get a replacement or an upgrade..They said no you have to have the phone for 18 months before you can do anything...If that all bs or is it true??
    The 18 months the CSR is referring to is the rebate NEW customers get when they buy a new phone with a new plan (normally $75 to $100 for one year agreement, etc.) which has been extended to existing customers if they have had their old phone for over 18 months and wish to upgrade their phone. Or something similar.

Now to your problem: if after a hard reset, it still has hardware or software issues (no other apps installed), then the unit is defective. Your options: manufacturers warranty if less than a year old - the Sprint store must replace your phone; insurance (if you have it) - contact your insurance carrier for a replacement; over a year old and no insurance - SOL (no free replacements here). However, if you bought your phone with a credit card, check to see if that extends the warranty - AMEX doubles original manufacturers warranty. Good luck to you.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Ok what happened is i got my plan in july with another phone..Then about a month ago i got this phone from a friend..The warranty is no longer availble i believe...He got it rite when it came out..But i do have the $4 insurance on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky
    Ok what happened is i got my plan in july with another phone..Then about a month ago i got this phone from a friend..The warranty is no longer availble i believe...He got it rite when it came out..But i do have the $4 insurance on it.
    So your recourse would be to contact the insurance carrier (Lockline maybe?) and they will replace it. Sorry, but I don't have any experience with phone insurance.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    First replacement is easy. Contact the Insurance Co. They send a rpacement, you put the brocken one in the package and send it back. Done.

Second peplacement:
    Call them and get a big run around. Get bounced from person to person. They will agree to replace it when you submit information, copy of last phone bill, and documents for ID purposes, etc.
    They send the forms via slow mail. You send back the required info. They aprove they replacement (or not, and ask for more info). Then they send the replacement. Then you can not use the insurance for a year. If you cancel during that year they will not sell you insurance again.

I have a T300. I have the Ins. I used it and had no trouble getting a replacement. Not too long ago my lid broke. I was ready to use the Ins again and went through the run around. Then I herd about the T650. I have all the paperwork but did not replace it. I used epoxy and repaird it.

Hope this helps.
    I don't want to lose the Ins. The T650 can be pu on it and from what I've read here it will need Ins...