1.    #1  
    I'll be visiting India next month with a Treo 600. I've found out that the voltage there is 230/240 volts. The standard Motorola charger that came with the Treo indicates it can handle 120-240 volts. Does anyone know if the charger automatically switches voltage, or, if I need to set some type of hardware/software switch? For example, if you just insert the charger into a plug adapter and then insert that into electrical outlet will it switch to the appropriate voltage.

For anyone who's traveled to Europe/Asia with the Treo, I'd sure appreciate your help.

Kind regards, Whitefeather
    I do just the opposite... Malaysia to US and I just plug it in and let it do its thing. You shouldn't need to switch anything but you will need a different plug.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    I use my Treo 600 all of the time to Germany without any issue. You will, as mentioned, need a plug adapter.
  4.    #4  
    Finding an adapter is much easier than carrying around an electrical converter! Many thanks for taking the time to help me.
    hope you enjoy India.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    I've taken mine to Europe several times, and I used the Palmone travel charger - it comes with the common plug adaptors for various countries. I've had no problems at all.
    Visorphone>T180>T600>T650
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather
    I'll be visiting India next month with a Treo 600. I've found out that the voltage there is 230/240 volts. The standard Motorola charger that came with the Treo indicates it can handle 120-240 volts. Does anyone know if the charger automatically switches voltage, or, if I need to set some type of hardware/software switch? For example, if you just insert the charger into a plug adapter and then insert that into electrical outlet will it switch to the appropriate voltage.

For anyone who's traveled to Europe/Asia with the Treo, I'd sure appreciate your help.

Kind regards, Whitefeather
    Just got back from Spain a few days ago. I just used an adapter for the plug - the charger that comes with the Treo 600 worked just fine at 220-240 volts.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad