Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. ZAT
    I have been thinking of getting rid of SPCS, just cause the grass is greener on the other side and because of the gadget geek coming to life again within me. To alleviate my need for a new gadget i have been thinking of an Audiovox SMT5600, MpX220, and HP6315. The 6315 was way too big. It made my Treo600 feel tiny, so that was a no go for me. Cool features, but definitely not good size wise. The MPx220 has just way too many problems listed on Howardforums, so that will have to wait atleast for a firmware revision or two. Played with one at BB for a long time and liked cerytain things about it like the clam shell design and speed with which it ran through menus and such. Couldnt try the phone part as the SIM in it was useless and I was too stupid to hang on to my ATT SIM. I took an SMT5600 home withme for the weekend and that phone was the $hits. It is TINY as hell, light, great screen and great battery life. Fast through menus and great set of features including BT voice dialing. Syncing to my Powerbook was good with PocketMac Phone edition and also to my PC at work. Unfortunately, the grass isnt greener on the other side and the service offered by ATT in my area of operations is not up to par so back it went. Not being able to send and receive calls on a business phone is not a good thing. If Audiovox/HTC or who ever really makes the thing had a CDMA version available I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It honesly made my Treo600 feel like ancient technology. There are also a few other devices out there that can do similar things to the Treos that I havent had the chance to try. Sony P910, Nokia 6600's, Nokia 9500, Samsung i550, i600... It all depends on the carrier youre using and the OS you like. You can go to Howardforums.com and get some more info if you like before plunking down the cash. Since SPCS is the only one who gives me good signal in my AO I will have to stay. Will probably pass on the 650 for a while anyway. But then maybe the gadget geek will strike again.
    Siemens SL65...whoooooooooooooooooooooooo slider...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAT
    I have been thinking of getting rid of SPCS, just cause the grass is greener on the other side and because of the gadget geek coming to life again within me. To alleviate my need for a new gadget i have been thinking of an Audiovox SMT5600, MpX220, and HP6315. The 6315 was way too big. It made my Treo600 feel tiny, so that was a no go for me. Cool features, but definitely not good size wise. The MPx220 has just way too many problems listed on Howardforums, so that will have to wait atleast for a firmware revision or two. Played with one at BB for a long time and liked cerytain things about it like the clam shell design and speed with which it ran through menus and such. Couldnt try the phone part as the SIM in it was useless and I was too stupid to hang on to my ATT SIM. I took an SMT5600 home withme for the weekend and that phone was the $hits. It is TINY as hell, light, great screen and great battery life. Fast through menus and great set of features including BT voice dialing. Syncing to my Powerbook was good with PocketMac Phone edition and also to my PC at work. Unfortunately, the grass isnt greener on the other side and the service offered by ATT in my area of operations is not up to par so back it went. Not being able to send and receive calls on a business phone is not a good thing. If Audiovox/HTC or who ever really makes the thing had a CDMA version available I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It honesly made my Treo600 feel like ancient technology. There are also a few other devices out there that can do similar things to the Treos that I havent had the chance to try. Sony P910, Nokia 6600's, Nokia 9500, Samsung i550, i600... It all depends on the carrier youre using and the OS you like. You can go to Howardforums.com and get some more info if you like before plunking down the cash. Since SPCS is the only one who gives me good signal in my AO I will have to stay. Will probably pass on the 650 for a while anyway. But then maybe the gadget geek will strike again.

Spics...are you a racist?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Currently typing on my removable thumb board on my brand new hp 6315. By the way, I am currently surfing via a wi-fi hot spot and have my bluetooth headset on and am ready to receive any calls. As soon as I am done typing this message I will take off the keyboard and continue to surf at high speeds. With the keyboard off the ipaq is not large at all, and since I don't need to put the phone up to my ear, the slghtly larger 6315 (than treo) doesn*t bother me at all. After seeing this phone available NOW, I decided to get it and abandon Palm. Even when the 650 does come out, it won't have the specs mine does.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I'll likely get flamed for this but I just very happily switched from the T600 to the BB 7100T on T-Mobile. I've posted elsewhere about the reasons but it is a really great phone/pda combo (for my needs which are back to basics.
    camartin....tell us more about why you like the 7100t
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Tough decision. If I couldn't get a Treo 650, or a 600 for that matter, I'd have two devices. The other convergent devices are too big. The iPaq 6315 is full of features, but its huge and cumbersome. The same goes for the other PocketPC devices coming down the line.

I'd probably get an iPaq and some kind of Bluetooth phone, like a v600 or T637. I might be able to convince myself to get an MPx220 or a SMT5600, but I'd really miss being able to reply to emails.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    ... I don't think everyone on the site drank the Treo coolaid - do you?
    Probably not everyone.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12