Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklynbound
    Was this mentioned already... but I noticed that the little email icon telling me how many messages I have waiting on the phone dialer aplication dosent seem to work with Snapper....

Snapper Fish has requested the details to hook into this. as of yet, no word if they got it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    I noticed this but ONLY if I used the built in T650 picture viewer, if I select the viewer that comes with Snapper...no hangups...
    The hangup in the pass-on to Pics & Videos confirmed here, too. I suppose I could use their bundled app (SplashPhoto), but I was hoping to keep that on the SD card, and the pass-on won't work that way, either.

I presume the Pics & Video link is fixable, though, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    That is a good question. Which mail apps does that icon on the 650 work with? Chatter? Versa? Snapper?
    Versa only, and then only for whatever account is currently selected in the Versa app.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    Versa only, and then only for whatever account is currently selected in the Versa app.
    Works for Biz Conn too
    I'm pretty sure it works with Chatter as well.
    I posted earlier that I prefer snapper and I still do. Unfortunately, and I note on another thread that a few other tc'ers have had battery probs with the latest version of 2, it has been chewing my battery to the point it drains it completely doing a couple of auto fetches that last about 30 seconds. So I've gone back to verison 1.9 and it works fine again. I thought at first it was a coincidence but there were too many "coincidences" ahem happening when snapper was running for it to be anything else eg flickering screen..screen going off...then low battery warning appearing right after it had auto fetched. In other words, the battery issue was only an issue when snapper was running. Anyone else had this problem ?? Looking on the bright side though, I've got Blinky back
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    Looking on the bright side though, I've got Blinky back
    WORD!!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    When in 2005?? 1st or 2nd Qtr or later.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Hey there Snapperfish,

I like Snappermail much better. Only one problem. I too have Snapper 2.1.0.01 installed. I would like the email icon to appear on my home page when I have new messages so, I tried set it as my default email app:
    1. I went into Prefs
    2. Selected "Default apps" in the "General" section and hit the drop list next to "Email"

Unfortunately the only app listed was VersaMail. How do I get Snapper in the dropdown menu?

Figured it out. Can't run Snapper from the SD card and enjoy Default App status.
    Last edited by jnjewlz; 12/15/2004 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Found the problem
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Works for Biz Conn too
    Does it work for both? My Seven (BC) works, but not versa.
    does snappermail unread and inbox status show up on agenda view on calendar like versamail does?

I am trying chatter now, and it does show how many unread on the main phone app page up top. but not on the agenda view which I look at all day.

thanks
    As what it is right now, Versamail is useless for POP3: it does not remove junk from server even if I set it to and it repeatedly re-download some messages.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    my version of versamail erases mail quite nicely. when I delete mail on my 650 it ask if I want it deleted o n the server too. then it sinc's and deletes. nice.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup
    As what it is right now, Versamail is useless for POP3: it does not remove junk from server even if I set it to and it repeatedly re-download some messages.
    In Versamail, try deleting and recreating the account profile that is giving you a problem. I had this exact same issue (repeatedly downloading the same messages) and was able to resolve it this way. Versamail has worked fine for me since.
    ANyone - was looking through the mass of into and could not find the simple anwer - can I simply delete Versamail from my T650 and not install Outlook conduit etc. I just want my old Snappermail IMAP version like I had on T600? THANKS!!
    Charliec
    Its part of the ROM so you can't delete it. Do a search for custom ROM and you will find some people that have been hacking the ROM to remove programs that they don't want and installing ones that do. Its at your own risk and you may fry your unit though
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Any update on getting the Snapper message indicator on the Dial Pad rather than Versamail?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    As far as I know, the only ones that support the message indicator in the phone app are:

VersaMail - shows the number of unread mail, not new mail
    Seven (Business Connection or XpressMail) - shows the number of new mail
    Chatter - shows new mail only after hitting the Applications button (was told by author there would be full support in the next beta)
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    i have snappper but everytime i hotsync i lose my accounts in snapper mail any ideas what im doing wrong?
    mt
    kjohn: you make it sound like it is the app that controls this, soe that mean we sould have to wait for Snappermail folks to decide to do this - ?
    Charliec
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast