Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Eric, I check 8 accounts (pop/imap) and most go into their own folder. using snapper.
    Felipe

how are you getting separate accounts to go to Separate folders in Snapper... i set up mulitple accts, but they are all showing up in the same inbox....

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    Felipe

how are you getting separate accounts to go to Separate folders in Snapper... i set up mulitple accts, but they are all showing up in the same inbox....

thanks
    i replied to your email, but adelphi bounced it back.

anyhow.

when you create/edit an account, go into the rules "tab" and tell it what folder you want the mail to go into. i created a folder for almost all my accounts. a couple this go into the generic inbox.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Here's a few things I noticed while using Versa and Snapper:

- Snapper has the option to download "Message Text Only", Versa does not. In Versa you can uncheck downloading attachments, but when you get an HTML email with embedded pics, it will download the whole thing up to your maximum message size. Snapper will download text only, and then lets you download the rest upon request. Snapper's method has my preference.

- Versamail will let you hit the Get&Send email separately for each account. I prefer this over Snappermail, as one of my accounts requires a VPN connection. With Snapper, you can choose which accounts should be included in a "global" Send&Receive, but if you leave one out you can only sync that account by using the top menu, not with a single button. If you DO select all, at least Snapper lets you skip an account during the sync process, but personally I prefer the Versa method. The combination of both capabilities would be best.

- If you makes changes (deletions, mark as read/unread) on the server from e.g. your Desktop, then you will NOT see those changes in Versamail (IMAP) by simply doing a Get&Send, you actually have to re-sync the server folder from the top menu. With Snapper, a simple Send&Receive will also sync the server changes to your handheld. Snapper has my preference here.

- Snapper gives you the option to "Return to Inbox" after deleting an open message. If you open an email in Versamail and then delete it, Versamail will open the next email. I find this very annoying, given that I hardly ever read my emails in consecutive order. Snapper has the lead here.

- When syncing email (I am using IMAP), Snapper will show you the Sender and Subject of the email that is currently being downloaded, and lets you skip that download individually. With Versa you just have to wait until the whole process is done. Snapper handles this nicer.

- The user interface of Versamail looks better to me than Snapper. It has a few options for font sizes, which can make reading an email much easier. Also, I don't like the fact that Snapper won't show me the size of an email. Versa has the edge here.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    Here's a few things I noticed while using Versa and Snapper:

- Snapper has the option to download "Message Text Only", Versa does not. In Versa you can uncheck downloading attachments, but when you get an HTML email with embedded pics, it will download the whole thing up to your maximum message size. Snapper will download text only, and then lets you download the rest upon request. Snapper's method has my preference.

- Versamail will let you hit the Get&Send email separately for each account. I prefer this over Snappermail, as one of my accounts requires a VPN connection. With Snapper, you can choose which accounts should be included in a "global" Send&Receive, but if you leave one out you can only sync that account by using the top menu, not with a single button. If you DO select all, at least Snapper lets you skip an account during the sync process, but personally I prefer the Versa method. The combination of both capabilities would be best.

- If you makes changes (deletions, mark as read/unread) on the server from e.g. your Desktop, then you will NOT see those changes in Versamail (IMAP) by simply doing a Get&Send, you actually have to re-sync the server folder from the top menu. With Snapper, a simple Send&Receive will also sync the server changes to your handheld. Snapper has my preference here.

- Snapper gives you the option to "Return to Inbox" after deleting an open message. If you open an email in Versamail and then delete it, Versamail will open the next email. I find this very annoying, given that I hardly ever read my emails in consecutive order. Snapper has the lead here.

- When syncing email (I am using IMAP), Snapper will show you the Sender and Subject of the email that is currently being downloaded, and lets you skip that download individually. With Versa you just have to wait until the whole process is done. Snapper handles this nicer.

- The user interface of Versamail looks better to me than Snapper. It has a few options for font sizes, which can make reading an email much easier. Also, I don't like the fact that Snapper won't show me the size of an email. Versa has the edge here.
    You point out some good things. I like the ability to check the individual accounts as well, though I really prefer the user interface of Snapper better..I like being able to highlight and drag, highlighting multiple messages etc. I also like the way Versamail quickly shows jpg attachments. I have two comments (well questions rather).

1. How do you save the jpg files from a Versamail email?

2. Have you or anyone noticed that when attempting to open a jpg FROM a Snapper email without first saving it to the card, locks up the phone?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    You point out some good things. I like the ability to check the individual accounts as well, though I really prefer the user interface of Snapper better..I like being able to highlight and drag, highlighting multiple messages etc. I also like the way Versamail quickly shows jpg attachments. I have two comments (well questions rather).

1. How do you save the jpg files from a Versamail email?

2. Have you or anyone noticed that when attempting to open a jpg FROM a Snapper email without first saving it to the card, locks up the phone?

Thanks,
    Eric
    In Versamail you can also highlight inidividual emails by tapping on the little "bullet" in front of them.

As for question 1, you can tap on the little icon in front of the attachment and choose your option. Question 2....can't say from experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric

Thanks,
    Eric
    I noticed this but ONLY if I used the built in T650 picture viewer, if I select the viewer that comes with Snapper...no hangups...
    Quote Originally Posted by MR29ROSE
    why is my imap aol account realy slow usingf versamail. all the other account i uses on it a super fast but when i hit get on aol account, it takes forever?
    is there a special way to set it up to get it running smoothly? all i want is to be able to pull all new emails, and when i read one or delete one, i want itto do the same on my laptop aol or server. just like using that aol app which i feel was the greatest to use.
    Let us know if you figure this out. I have a similar problem with my University email account. Sometimes it takes FOREVER to log in and work, other times it is just as quick as my other accounts. I have this problem with both Snapper and Versamail so I think it is a server issue, not a phone/snapper/versa issue.
    not a solution, but did you know if you press "o" (no need to press menu first)from the message list view your accounts pop up and you can select the one account you want? i rearanged (renames) account so that the account(s) i do this the most on top.

The user interface of Versamail looks better to me than Snapper. It has a few options for font sizes, which can make reading an email much easier. Also, I don't like the fact that Snapper won't show me the size of an email. Versa has the edge here
    snapper wont show you the size when you in finger nav mode. in regular mode you see the size.

snapper doesnt have a lot of fonts (yet), but does have the 4 fonts that come with most palms.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    In the latest Snapper 2.1.0, hitting "L" key (no need for the menu button) will sync the folder in the current view, much like VersaMail's Get&Send.
    The only problem I am seeing with Snapper Mail is that it is a pretty big program and with the Treo 650's memory like it is you have to watch what you put in main memory. I love Snapper Mail also and I am not that impressed with VersaMail as of yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i replied to your email, but adelphi bounced it back.

anyhow.

when you create/edit an account, go into the rules "tab" and tell it what folder you want the mail to go into. i created a folder for almost all my accounts. a couple this go into the generic inbox.
    thanks dude...
    ....Also, I don't like the fact that Snapper won't show me the size of an email. Versa has the edge here.
    I have Version 2.1.0.01 and column 4 does show the size of the message, although I prefer to show only 3 columns on my little screen. You may have an earlier version, or your 4th column is hidden.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I'd read earlier about SnapperMail's bizarre need to "wake up" the whole T650, screen and all, just to do one of its autochecks. It didn't bother me at first, but when I started playing with VeriChat, it meant my phone would log onto all my IM providers for a few seconds every hour. Anyone know if the beta in the pipeline allows "quiet" mail checks?
    Quote Originally Posted by coolemt
    The only problem I am seeing with Snapper Mail is that it is a pretty big program and with the Treo 650's memory like it is you have to watch what you put in main memory. I love Snapper Mail also and I am not that impressed with VersaMail as of yet.
    Well Snapper is pretty compact given the capabilities (about 1/2 the size of VersaMail had it been an add-on like on the Treo 600... Snapper's core is *very* tight and efficient). In Premier and Enterprise Editions it really comes into its own on a 650 because it spans mail storage onto the Memory Card so you can keep RAM use down. Email users typically chew up anywhere between 2 - 12MB of RAM just to store email, with Card archiving we see this drop to <1MB RAM plus lots of files placed onto the memory card. Extra wait to access card messages in negligible, so it the 660k footprint of SnapperMail.

About silent fetching... we're working on background comms. I believe we've commented on it in the past quietly on forums but have not made any loud news announcements since we don't want to get everyone excited too early... it's a 2005 plan. Along with a few more suprises. We've ramped up our dev team to quite a bit (4 guys), most of the work has yet to be revealed. Look for stuff in 2005 sorry.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    cool, that's a nice news. The only that would make it better is the RETURN of Blinky!! He's just sooo cute
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I've moved back to Snappermail, despite the memory hit. Versamail does not handle extended email addresses (in other words "Joe"<joe@aol.com>) from my Outlook address list - they all get rejected as "address syntax error" while Snapper never fails onteh outgoing mail. Also, it's just more reliable - I seem to miss emails (randomly) with Versamail. Sure would be sweet to replace the ROM image of Versamail with Snapper.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    I'd read earlier about SnapperMail's bizarre need to "wake up" the whole T650, screen and all, just to do one of its autochecks. It didn't bother me at first, but when I started playing with VeriChat, it meant my phone would log onto all my IM providers for a few seconds every hour. Anyone know if the beta in the pipeline allows "quiet" mail checks?
    I could see where that would be a problem but I like the "wake up" feature because it gives you the "subject" in the Alert if it is a single e-mail. I only use one email account though.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by snapperfish
    Well Snapper is pretty compact given the capabilities (about 1/2 the size of VersaMail had it been an add-on like on the Treo 600... Snapper's core is *very* tight and efficient). In Premier and Enterprise Editions it really comes into its own on a 650 because it spans mail storage onto the Memory Card so you can keep RAM use down. Email users typically chew up anywhere between 2 - 12MB of RAM just to store email, with Card archiving we see this drop to <1MB RAM plus lots of files placed onto the memory card. Extra wait to access card messages in negligible, so it the 660k footprint of SnapperMail.

About silent fetching... we're working on background comms. I believe we've commented on it in the past quietly on forums but have not made any loud news announcements since we don't want to get everyone excited too early... it's a 2005 plan. Along with a few more suprises. We've ramped up our dev team to quite a bit (4 guys), most of the work has yet to be revealed. Look for stuff in 2005 sorry.

-W
    Sounds great. If I may ask a quick question. If I order the Premier or Enterprise version now (mainly because I need SSL auth capability for gmail), will I get this 2005 as a free upgrade and when do you expect the 05 version out?

Thanks,

Eric
    Was this mentioned already... but I noticed that the little email icon telling me how many messages I have waiting on the phone dialer aplication dosent seem to work with Snapper....
    That is a good question. Which mail apps does that icon on the 650 work with? Chatter? Versa? Snapper?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast