Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdollar
    Thing I like about Snapper is ability to have multiple accounts that all get mail with one retreival. With Versamail, as far as I can find, I have to get each account separately.
    Snapper mail is more user friendly across the board really. You can click and highlight multiple emails and delete off server, all at once, etc and it does it much more quickly than versamail. I have never been one with interest in checking multiple accounts (in one click) because I prefer to have them in their own little box and not all mixed together (one advantage of Versamail to me). SNapper just needs SSL capability for Gmail.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Snapper mail is more user friendly across the board really. You can click and highlight multiple emails and delete off server, all at once, etc and it does it much more quickly than versamail. I have never been one with interest in checking multiple accounts (in one click) because I prefer to have them in their own little box and not all mixed together (one advantage of Versamail to me). SNapper just needs SSL capability for Gmail.

Eric
    I check my Gmail account with Snapper... the settings FAQ is on Snapper's site.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    I check my Gmail account with Snapper... the settings FAQ is on Snapper's site.
    Ok, will check it out. Thanks.

Eric
    Ok, will check it out. Thanks.

Eric
    I see it is a new version. That was sort of how I started earlier by asking if perhaps a newer version had SSL authentication. Mine does not so I am checking out a new version now as long as I don't have to pay again for a current version.

Eric
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Tried Versa...too buggy...bit the bullet, paid the $s (though discounted) and bought the upgraded Snapper...now happy and productive with email again!
    I'm new to the Treo, so VersaMail is okay. But the strong devotion to SnapperMail has got me planning to do the "Free Trial." Two quick questions:

1. If I did make the switch to SnapperMail, how would I stop VersaMail from doing its thing -- that is, being a part of the whole Hotsync process (MultiMail this, mmid that, etc.)?

2. Although I can't delete VersaMail, I imagine there are ways I can minimize its footprint. Does deleting all of VersaMail's associated files with Filez break anything else?
    One of my most favorite features of Snapper (which nobody ever seems to mention) is the auto disconnect of your Internet connection when it is done downloading. When I used Versa, it would always leave my data connection open and I would have to go into network prefs and manually disconnect. That was a pain in the @ss in my mind. Snapper does that work for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    I'm new to the Treo, so VersaMail is okay. But the strong devotion to SnapperMail has got me planning to do the "Free Trial." Two quick questions:

1. If I did make the switch to SnapperMail, how would I stop VersaMail from doing its thing -- that is, being a part of the whole Hotsync process (MultiMail this, mmid that, etc.)?

2. Although I can't delete VersaMail, I imagine there are ways I can minimize its footprint. Does deleting all of VersaMail's associated files with Filez break anything else?
    Right click on Hot Synch button (in POC System Tray), click CUSTOM, then on Versamail, CHANGE it to DO NOTHING during hot synch. That will fix it.

Eric

Eric

Eric, I check 8 accounts (pop/imap) and most go into their own folder. using snapper.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Eric, I check 8 accounts (pop/imap) and most go into their own folder. using snapper.
    Very cool. I see you have to get the Premier edition or higher to have SSL...damn. I am sure to break down here soon, just cant convince myself at least for a couple weeks or more after sinking so much

Eric
    I'm have two issues with VersaMail.

1) I can't seem to open a link. I can highlight the link in my email but I can't seem to get it to open in Blazer.

2) Someone mentioned earlier that you could save attachments to your SD card. How? I only see the option to open it with a supported viewer. Which means if someoen emails me a file that I have a viewer for, but VersaMail doesn't recognize it for whatever reason, then I can't view the attachment at all. If I could save it to the SD card and then retrieve it with the viewer that would be great.

Anyone else having these issues?

--TechDude

EDIT: I fixed issue number 1; It was because I tried to laod Web Pro. If you have this problem go to your default programs under preferences and select "Web" for your browser - EVEN IF IT'S ALLREADY THERE!
    Last edited by TechDude; 12/04/2004 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Fixed issue number 1
    There are only two things that really keep me from using Snapper
    1) no silent polling, I can live without IMAP push, but if its gonna poll, do it in the background

2) bring back the fish
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I've found Versamail to be a little unstable. The only way I can send video or pictures as attachments is through Sprint's network, and right now I can not send or receive messages at all.

The instability could be on Sprint's network service, don't know for sure, but I'm giving Snapper a whirl.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I haven't had any problems with Versamail, but saw the love for Snappermail, so I'm testing it now. Versamail is definitely more tightly integrated with the T650 overall (of course it would be), so some things are snappier in Versamail (like attaching files, but at least I get to watch the crazy fish while Snappermail grabs them).

A totally anal usability quirk of Snappermail I've discovered is that when you click on the "To:" line to select e-mail addresses from your address book, it seems to use the system's clipboard to copy and paste it back into the message window. So, if you were using your clipboard to store a chunk of a message between two separate messages, you'd lose it if you did the address book grab.
    Tried to switch to VersaMail because I didn't want SnapperMail takin' up the extra memory. Had to switch back, VersaMail's little bugs drove me up the wall. Why did they even bother to include it when it wasn't ready?

Deleting accounts hard resets my 650, plus it seems to want me to individually switch to each account to check email and respond. Checking my three accounts was an absolute nightmare. Once you've got the one-touch checking on SnapperMail, there's no going back.

Unusable. I'm back to using up the space for SnapperMail again. Sorry for ever thinking I could switch away, SnapperMail...
    EDIT:
    **IGNORE** See next post...

How do I make my favorites button use SNAPPER instead of Versamail?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    I'm have two issues with VersaMail.

1) I can't seem to open a link. I can highlight the link in my email but I can't seem to get it to open in Blazer.

2) Someone mentioned earlier that you could save attachments to your SD card. How? I only see the option to open it with a supported viewer. Which means if someoen emails me a file that I have a viewer for, but VersaMail doesn't recognize it for whatever reason, then I can't view the attachment at all. If I could save it to the SD card and then retrieve it with the viewer that would be great.

Anyone else having these issues?

--TechDude

EDIT: I fixed issue number 1; It was because I tried to laod Web Pro. If you have this problem go to your default programs under preferences and select "Web" for your browser - EVEN IF IT'S ALLREADY THERE!

HEY! this fixes my problem too....I had to use the Treo preferences to set Snapper to the default email!

THANKS!
    I have Snapper as well, and was hoping to switch to Versamail. One quirk in Versamail I've found is that it still sees mail on the server I've already downloaded on my work computer and starts do download it all over again.

For instance, tonight I downloaded my work email from my laptop, which removes it from the server. I then sent a fresh message to the work email, and launched Snapper. Snapper downloaded one message. Sent one message to work email again, and launched Versamail. Versamail began to download 130 messages, which is how many I have gotten at work since I last downloaded with Versamail 5 days ago. It's like Versamail ignores any other email programs.

It's either a bug, or some preference I'm overlooking. Anyone else run into this?

Clue
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    One of my most favorite features of Snapper (which nobody ever seems to mention) is the auto disconnect of your Internet connection when it is done downloading. When I used Versa, it would always leave my data connection open and I would have to go into network prefs and manually disconnect. That was a pain in the @ss in my mind. Snapper does that work for me!

While messing with VM this weekend, it DOES have a disconnect feature.

Eric
    why is my imap aol account realy slow usingf versamail. all the other account i uses on it a super fast but when i hit get on aol account, it takes forever?
    is there a special way to set it up to get it running smoothly? all i want is to be able to pull all new emails, and when i read one or delete one, i want itto do the same on my laptop aol or server. just like using that aol app which i feel was the greatest to use.