Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 175
  1. #61  
    Snapper
    I use Enterprise edition (v2.1) with IMAP along with MailBlocks (the best I've found for anti-spam). IMAP syncing in 2.1 is much improved.

    Push email would be a bonus but my hourly grabs with Snapper work just fine. I mean, it's not like I'm ever waiting for mission-critical email
    www.gsmworld.com
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by snapperfish
    The biggest we tested was 14MB back in 2001 when Snapper was in pre-Alpha, that was some kinda world record back then. (VersaMail/MultiMail had the record at 2MB back then). A month later we have unlimited message rendering, we sent the ebook "The Hobbit" in an email message and read it inside the message reader... try that on any other mail app. VersaMail truncates the message body (during viewing) to 60k or so last time I checked.

    I think people will appreciate the memory card archiving once they have their Treo 650 - 22MB usuable RAM gets chewed up pretty quick once you download lots of email.
    Kia ora Will,

    What ever happened to the Snapper logo? I kinda dug that funky fish
    www.gsmworld.com
  3. ambtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    476 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    I'm a happy Chatter user... my concern is the lack of true "push" e-mail; though I'm sure you can set your mail to check very frequently, Snapper was a battery drain if mail was checked too frequently.
    Bujin -

    I agree - having previously been a long term BB user, I could not live without IMAP push functionality. Chatter is the only product that truly supports IMAP Push, and it works great. Sometimes my emails will arrive on the treo b4 they hit outlook! I don't think there is a comparison b/w versamail and Snapper with respect to Push. The syncing of contacts, addresses directly with outlook (veramail) will be nice, but I don't mind hot syncing for that.

    Also, Chatter's push's are asynchronous, so they are running in the background while you work on other applications - you can get noticed if you want to, otherwise you just pull up Chatter and your messages are there.
  4.    #64  
    The Outlook Sync feature is the one reason that I can see to switch to Versamail. It only syncs mail and calendar and does not sync contacts. There are no seperate controls for syncing email/calnedar. When you hit the get email button, it does your calendar sync at the same time. I have been trying to decide if this is useful enough for me, because otherwise Snapper rocks. The calendar sync while on business trips seems pretty worthwhile.
  5. #65  
    i've been trialing versamail for a few weeks now and I really like it. there are several verions. does anyone know which is included with the T650? is it built into rom or can you delete it if you want to use snappermail?
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    Kia ora Will,

    What ever happened to the Snapper logo? I kinda dug that funky fish
    We had blinky for dinner one night.

    We went with new spiral blue logo at the agency because it reminded us of the plate we served him up in... RIP Blinky.... you tasted good.
    Will Lau


    www.snappermail.com

    A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
  7. #67  
    LOL--now I have to think about that every time I launch Snappermail

    Todd/Indy
  8. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    #68  
    I do not know why but I have Snappermail and when I am out of the office I get my emails and I get only 1 or 2 Emails when I really have like 50. And sometimes I get old Emails from 2 days ago. Does that happen to others here?
    Last edited by mgauss; 11/13/2004 at 01:16 AM.
  9. jes
    jes is offline
    jes's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #69  
    I'm with nzmoko, bring back that funky fish Snappermail!!!

    Or, give us the option of Blinky the Funky Fish or The Plate Blinky Was Served On, maybe in the preferences dropdown menu or something, or some sort of secret hack for members of this thread.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    I do not know why but I have Snappermail and when I am out of the office I get my emails and I get only 1 or 2 Emails when I really have like 50. And sometimes I get old Emails from 2 days ago. Does that happen to others here?
    I really feel like this is your POP mail retrieval system, not Snapper. Are you using IzyMail? what is your mail service (@whatever.com, no need to give the whole addy) and how are getting it POP'd?

    Quote Originally Posted by jes
    I'm with nzmoko, bring back that funky fish Snappermail!!!

    Or, give us the option of Blinky the Funky Fish or The Plate Blinky Was Served On, maybe in the preferences dropdown menu or something, or some sort of secret hack for members of this thread.
    Me three, I at least want the option
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  11. #71  
    Count me in on the request for option to resurrect Blinky or stare at the plate. Thanks.
  12. #72  
    Here is another strange examples:

    I first configured versamail using my ISP's SMTP server (requires authentication) and used it without problem. However, I did not like the lack of one-button receive I had with Snapper, so I upgraded and installed it.

    After the install, Snapper retrieved mail like a pro, but refused to send. Many searches, and configuration changes later, I was able to get it to work using the sprintpcs smtp server. Very slow...

    I returned to versamail, and tried my original ISP settings, and it worked just fine. I then put those into Snapper and it refused to send.

    I would prefer to use snapper (especially after upgrading), but I refuse to use the sprint smtp server as it is slow and, I understand, unreliable.

    Any ideas on this? Anyone else had this experience?
  13. #73  
    Nope. If sprint limits SMTP traffic only to their server you have no other options - Unless your ISP opens up a different port to send SMTP traffic through (meaning sprint won't be able to catch it as easily - since they probably just block the common SMTP port number).
  14. #74  
    It is odd that Sprint just started doing this AND that I can access my ISP when I use versamail. The only difference here is that Snapper does not have an explicit setting for ESMTP authentication.
  15. #75  
    One other thought...you might just have to enable authentication for outgoing e-mail. Meaning you have to punch in your user ID and password in the advanced setup for outgoing as well as incoming.
  16. #76  
    I am already authenticating with un/pw to send. It just did not work via snappermail.

    Interestingly, my ISP has a second email port open and using that I can now send using my ISP account. Odd that Sprint has just started blocking port 25.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    I am already authenticating with un/pw to send. It just did not work via snappermail.

    Interestingly, my ISP has a second email port open and using that I can now send using my ISP account. Odd that Sprint has just started blocking port 25.
    I don't think Sprint is blocking anything. I'm using snapper on my Treo 300, and Outgoing SMTP mail is working fine over port 25.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    It is odd that Sprint just started doing this AND that I can access my ISP when I use versamail. The only difference here is that Snapper does not have an explicit setting for ESMTP authentication.
    I am not familiar with Snapper, however I had a similar problem with Eudora on my Kyocera 6035. The work around was to do "check/send" as opposed to just "send" By doing "check/send" on Eudora, it used my un/pw to log in and get my mail, and that then allowed it so send mail.

    Worth a shot if Snapper mail has a similar option?
  19. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    I am not familiar with Snapper, however I had a similar problem with Eudora on my Kyocera 6035. The work around was to do "check/send" as opposed to just "send" By doing "check/send" on Eudora, it used my un/pw to log in and get my mail, and that then allowed it so send mail.

    Worth a shot if Snapper mail has a similar option?
    My problem with Snapper is that out of some 20 new emails it would fetch 5 or so.

    When I got back to my PC there would be all sorts of emails I never got. It was just completely undependable, and their attitude on their tech support is like "we're perfect, we'll blame your POP3 server, your software, etc.,etc." I think snapper has promise, but they need to get it together.
  20. #80  
    What's your ISP and configs. it could be a POP before Send issue in which case you need to check POP Authentication under the More button in your server setting.
    Will Lau


    www.snappermail.com

    A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...

Posting Permissions