Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I am disappointed that Versamail omitted SSL and Mac desktop syncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    snapper will do this.
    Felipe, since when does Snapper do this? Did I miss an update (am using 2.06.01)?
    snappermail 2.06.01 definitely resends mail out of the IMAP or the local sentboxes, I have been doing this for weeks on the previous versions too. It is actually a pretty cool feature. Go to your sentbox, open the sent message, look down to the bottom left and you will see an option box (resend)
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    snappermail 2.06.01 definitely resends mail out of the IMAP or the local sentboxes, I have been doing this for weeks on the previous versions too. It is actually a pretty cool feature. Go to your sentbox, open the sent message, look down to the bottom left and you will see an option box (resend)
    cellmatrix, I must be dense, but I don't follow what you're saying. Is the option embedded in the actual sent message? If so, how does one by default have sent messages copied to the IMAP Sent Items folder(s)? Feel free to point me to a Snapper page if you have any ideas where I can find instructions . . .

Here's what is on Snapper's website:

"Can messages sent in SnapperMail 2.0 be saved to the 'Sent' folder on my IMAP server?
    SnapperMail 2.0 does not currently support uploading messages from your handheld to IMAP servers. This means the 'Sent Items', 'Drafts' and 'Trash' folders on your IMAP server will not be updated by Snappermail when you send or trash messages etc. We hope to add support for this in SnapperMail 2.1."
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I am disappointed that Versamail omitted SSL and Mac desktop syncing.
    VersaMail does do IMAP+SSL, just not SMTP+SSL.

It also does SMTP+StartTLS which is the newer replacement for SMTP+SSL.

It does do SMTP Authentication.

There is really nothing missing for modern mail servers as SMTP+SSL isn't needed if your server can do SMTP+StartTLS.

Mac desktop syncing...well don't feel too bad, I use a Linux desktop. I do sync my Treo600 with the excellent Evolution groupware client.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    Felipe, since when does Snapper do this? Did I miss an update (am using 2.06.01)?

will do this in a future release (it is there next big thing), it doesnt do it now.

sorry for the confusion.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    will do this in a future release (it is there next big thing), it doesnt do it now.

sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks. I thought I was losing it (too much thinking about 650) . . .
    Does anyone have a definative answer about the ability of the Treo 600 to run Versa Mail 3 so that I can use active sync with my sbs exchange server.

Dean
  9. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    One interesting difference between Snappermail and Versamail is that Snap does not have a limit for attachments, whereas Versa has a 5 MB limit. So Snap is great if someone emails you 6 MB worth of images. I have Snap on my Treo 300; unfortunately I don't have enough memory to test if Snap really handles such large attachments. Can anyone vouch for Snappermail's unlimited attachment size? Thanks!
  10. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    This might be a cheesy thing to do, but I'm posting this one more time because I did not get a response to me question in my last post on this thread. However,I do think it's an important question about the T650. Please see the previous post regarding attachment size for the Versamail that is to be delivered with the T650.
    I'm a current snapper user myself (I currently have a 600) but here's the question.. will the new 650 have wireless email capibilities on par to RIM (Blackberry) my company currently uses it and I've heard nothing but assume feed back regarding the email not only with up to the min sync. with their desktop but everyday normall email with out having "Send or Fetch" from a pop account.. I've been getting mix ans from a whole lot of people.. I'm just saying 500 hunderd dollars to upgrade for something I still have to download just doesn't sound right to me.. and another thing 32mb come on how about a upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by jes
    One interesting difference between Snappermail and Versamail is that Snap does not have a limit for attachments, whereas Versa has a 5 MB limit. So Snap is great if someone emails you 6 MB worth of images. I have Snap on my Treo 300; unfortunately I don't have enough memory to test if Snap really handles such large attachments. Can anyone vouch for Snappermail's unlimited attachment size? Thanks!

I currently use snappermail enterprise 2.12 with my Treo 600 (GSM). I have received attachments up to 10meg in size without a problem (except for the time delay ) My main question is how well will the new email application on the 650 handle multiple accounts with mail rules. I use snappermail to manage 6 different email accounts now.
    I'm a happy Chatter user... my concern is the lack of true "push" e-mail; though I'm sure you can set your mail to check very frequently, Snapper was a battery drain if mail was checked too frequently.
    I have used Snapper for a couple years between my old Samsung I300, I330, and now the Treo 600. It is expensive - that comment is correct. Perhaps because it is good. Another con is that if you buy it for one device, don't expect to use the same copy on another without paying again. Snapper is great for attachments and has the JPG viewer which works well. It has worked better than any third party app that I have found in terms of email clients. I have no idea how this versamail will work. I have a sneaky suspicion that I will end up needing Snapper still though.
    Eric
    I think an advantage of Snapper is that it will, I assume, continue to be improved and updated. Versamail's improvements will come only with T650 firmware upgrades.
  16. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    thanks for your feedback. For me, the 5MB limitation on Versamail will keep me a Snappermail user.
    I cant wait until their is an update for the 650, I hope their are some good updates, not just something they threw together in a few days
    I think it's locked to the hotsync ID, so going from a 600 to a 650 should be fine if you keep the same ID. I'll be finding out, eventually...

Todd/Indy

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Another con is that if you buy it for one device, don't expect to use the same copy on another without paying again.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidr
    I currently use snappermail enterprise 2.12 with my Treo 600 (GSM). I have received attachments up to 10meg in size without a problem (except for the time delay ) My main question is how well will the new email application on the 650 handle multiple accounts with mail rules. I use snappermail to manage 6 different email accounts now.
    The biggest we tested was 14MB back in 2001 when Snapper was in pre-Alpha, that was some kinda world record back then. (VersaMail/MultiMail had the record at 2MB back then). A month later we have unlimited message rendering, we sent the ebook "The Hobbit" in an email message and read it inside the message reader... try that on any other mail app. VersaMail truncates the message body (during viewing) to 60k or so last time I checked.

I think people will appreciate the memory card archiving once they have their Treo 650 - 22MB usuable RAM gets chewed up pretty quick once you download lots of email.
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    for me the two killer Treo functions are email and MP3 player (especially streaming Internet radio). if they're bundling a fairly robust email program I wonder if they'll bundle Ptunes or some other MP3 player
    I think Real Player is included, but don't know if it will support streaming..
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast