Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Thanks for that quick review LinuxGuy. I'm looking forward to the email solutions that the 650 presents since my company just migrated to Exchange.

This is excting stuff no matter what the naysayers think!

Mike
    Thanks for researching that! Two questions:
    - One thing I like about Snappermail is that I could set it to download an entire email EXCEPT attachments. If I understand it correctly, Versamail will let me do this as well?
    - Are you saying that in Versamail there is NO option to move any contant to the SD card?
    third party email client (that dont support "push") are in trouble.

I have a lifetime snapper license, so I'm not going anywhere.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    How would you compare VersaMail with Chatter? I've been more than pleased with Chatter but would switch to VersaMail if better.
    Does anyone yet know whether SnapperMail will support the high-res screen? What I mean is whether it will allow for a greater amount of information to be displayed because of the high-res screen?

Mike
    Where is the simulator?
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    Thanks for researching that! Two questions:
    - One thing I like about Snappermail is that I could set it to download an entire email EXCEPT attachments. If I understand it correctly, Versamail will let me do this as well?
    - Are you saying that in Versamail there is NO option to move any contant to the SD card?
    Yes, VersaMail v3.0 will let you download an entire message minus any attachments.

With VersaMail v3.0 you can store email attachments on the SD card, but not the emails themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    How would you compare VersaMail with Chatter? I've been more than pleased with Chatter but would switch to VersaMail if better.
    I've never used Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkap
    Where is the simulator?
    You have to be a registered developer with Pa1mOne.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard about whether or not this will be available for all Treos, or just 650? I've been "waiting" for a VersaMail better suited for the 5-way Nav on my 600. Have I missed an annoucement?

Thanks.

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Oh - just found on the Palm site that 2.7.1 "will be" available for the 600 - need to bug some folks <g>.

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2
    Does anyone yet know whether SnapperMail will support the high-res screen? What I mean is whether it will allow for a greater amount of information to be displayed because of the high-res screen?

Mike
    I've run SnapperMail on the simulator and can report:

A) It does run
    B) It expands it's pixels so you get no more real estate (big disappointment)
    Does any one know if this new version of Versamail will be able to file Sent messages to an IMAP sent messages folder? Snappermail does not allow you to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mspalacios
    Does any one know if this new version of Versamail will be able to file Sent messages to an IMAP sent messages folder? Snappermail does not allow you to do that.
    Yes, I saw that it has this feature. It also supports a Draft folder on the IMAP server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz
    Oh - just found on the Palm site that 2.7.1 "will be" available for the 600 - need to bug some folks <g>.

Danita
    The version included with the Treo650 is v3.0. It is much more advanced than v2.7.1.
    Thanks LinuxGuy! Now I'm really looking forward to setting up my own Exchange server to use ActiveSync!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Thanks LinuxGuy! Now I'm really looking forward to setting up my own Exchange server to use ActiveSync!
    There is something ironic about that sentence.
    hahahaahahahaaha
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGuy
    Yes, VersaMail v3.0 will let you download an entire message minus any attachments.

With VersaMail v3.0 you can store email attachments on the SD card, but not the emails themselves.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrreat! That will work JUST NICELY for me

Thanks for the reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by mspalacios
    snapper will do this.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast