Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HEhehe but yeah EGPRS on paper beats out RTT, BUT, once EV-DO is released 1x will be the leader again, so thus this is just a short term victory if you catch my drift.

And again i say it all the time

GPRS < 1x RTT < EGRPS < 1x EV-DO
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    HEhehe but yeah EGPRS on paper beats out RTT, BUT, once EV-DO is released 1x will be the leader again, so thus this is just a short term victory if you catch my drift.

And again i say it all the time

GPRS < 1x RTT < EGRPS < 1x EV-DO
    1x EV-DO < UMTS < 1x EV-DV < HSPDA

For those of you who don't know, HSPDA stands for High-Speed Downlink Packet Access. It's a cheap upgrade from UMTS, and offers peak speeds of 24 Mbps.

Take a bite outta that one, Sprint!
  3.    #23  
    i think i heard this in a movie somewhere, but it seems apropos : "resistance is futile - you will be assimilated."

CDMA will never over the long-term be able to compete with the GSM economies of scale. might as well switch now and become part of the future.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    i think i heard this in a movie somewhere, but it seems apropos : "resistance is futile - you will be assimilated."

CDMA will never over the long-term be able to compete with the GSM economies of scale. might as well switch now and become part of the future.

Lol, that'd be the Borg from StarTrek. God I feel like a nerd...

ANYWAY, you're probably right, GSM (if ya think about it) seems much more economical; you buy one phone and can use it anywhere in the world (if you buy some service or have a roaming agreement with somebody such as Tmobile)

However, it'll be interesting to see how well the version of CDMA (I forget what it's called) that has a SIM-card-like-thing does...I think they already have it in Korea or somewhere else in Asia...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12