1.    #1  
    Im planning on purchasing the 650 when it comes out in the new few weeks (*crosses fingers*). One question I have is I currently have a small flipphone (Sanyo 5300). The Treo 600 appears to be almost identical in size as the Treo 650. Can you carry the 600/650 out in your front jeans pockets out to bars and clubs without it being too cumbersome in your pockets? I dont want to carry it around in my hand all night sitting at the bar, and Im certainly not wearing some belt clip or something. The Sanyo 5300 I just dump in my front pocket and I barely notice it.

Any comments on doing this with a 600?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I used to sport my 600 in the front pocket. I would accidently pick up calls and it was inconvient for me to use on a VERY regular basis. I then went to a large case that protected the phone well. Only problem was that it was difficult to fill the vibrate or hear it ring. I now use a Proclip Holster, I really like it. I can feel the vibrate I dont accidently answer, I can hear it ring. Also it has the top button avaiable so I can silence an alarm without removing the phone. I still throw it in my pocket if I am not wearing a belt, I have had no problems carrying it there.
    I would say if you're wearing cargo jeans, then yes the Treo 600 can be carried easily in the front pocket. If you're wearing skin tight Levis...not a prayer. Although I've carried my 600 tucked into the waistband. I guess guys wouldn't do that, huh.
    I think it's not good to sit by the bar all night... :-)
    I carry mine in my front pckt all the time. There are keyguard apps (such as Butler) that solve the accidental answer issue (I can't remember the last time this happened).
    Front pocket khakis...no problems...no 3rd party keyguard...works great. Except the damn phantom vibrate issue !
    just get the covertec case. it looks good. if u go renegade. u get rashes on your thighs and u risk dropping yout treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    I think it's not good to sit by the bar all night... :-)
    LOL, can always count on you guys to sober things up!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I've had the same question. I thought one possible solution would be to swap the SIM chip if you've got an extra GSM handset and wanted to travel light.

Does anyone know if this would work?
    Quote Originally Posted by RJH2
    I've had the same question. I thought one possible solution would be to swap the SIM chip if you've got an extra GSM handset and wanted to travel light.

Does anyone know if this would work?
    this should work.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Thanks!
    Disable Buttons at freewarepalm is a cool app, it'll restrict keyboard from accidentally firing up the TREO/calling friends from your pocket.
    I keep mine in my front pocket, in the basic case with which it came, which avoids the whole accidental answer issue. The ladies are all impressed, especially when it starts to vibrate