1.    #1  
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    Sorry you got a crash loop.
    I haven't heard of this happening for 2.18.
    If you receovered from it (hold up key and start your own reset with reset button) -then can you let me know what error message you got? (dial #*ERR)

unfortunately - there are some apps that clash with butler - it's always hard tracking down what and why.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response, confusedvorlon. I performed a system reset to get out of the loop, but it kept crashing until I removed the 2.18. After that everything was fine. In fact, I reinstalled my older version, 1.92, and that was fine as well. I didn't see your post until today, so I didn't attempt to view any error messages during the crashing. I don't know if the following will be of any help to you, but I am running the following on my Treo:

BackupBuddy VFS 3.0
    CardKeeper 1.0
    CleanUnistaller 1.3
    Directory Assistant 3.00b7
    DocsToGo Pro 7.002
    FileZ 5.3
    GoodLink 3.0.0.39
    IBM Java VM 2.1.008
    Live! 1.1
    MMPlayer 1.0
    MovieRec 1.12
    NoviiRemote 2.5
    Oxford Dict & Thes 1.0.3
    PalmPuke
    Pickem 1.0
    pTunes Deluxe 3.0.4
    RescoViewer 1.8
    Scrabble 1.2
    Skinner 2.5
    SplashID 3.05h
    TreoOffOn 2.8
    WebViewer

The interesting thing is that until last night, I had never experienced any software conflicts. Now, however, I just tried to open WebViewer and the Treo reset itself. Actually, I have just tried this a few times now with similar results, so I just removed WebViewer for the timebeing. Any known conflicts with that program? Again, I have never had a conflict before.

I appreciate your assistance with this.
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS