Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Well I definitely have no obligation to Sprint, nor am I bound by any agreement, which is why I posted this. It was copied and pasted to me from someone with obligations and in agreement with Sprint, who obviously trusted that I would not indicate my source if I divulged this info, which I won't. I trust that this is authentic, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. I'm not out for any special attention, only anxiously waiting for this damn thing to come out, and this is merely for our collective thirst for info.
    Cool. Again, I appreciate the info.
    update...

Late October PPC6601 (no camera)
    Late October Sanyo 8200 Green (RL)
    November Sanyo 7400
    November Samsung 740
    Mid-November Rim Blackberry
    Mid-November Treo 650 with camera
    Mid-November Treo 650 without camera
    Mid/Late November Samsung 760
    Late Nov/Early Dec LG 325
    Early December PPC6600 (camera)
    Early/Mid December Audiovox 8912
    Early January '05 LG 535
    Jan/Feb Sanyo 5600
    Jan/Feb World Phone (Samsung A790)
    Update...based on what? Wishful thinking?

I would find it hard to believe that an internal memo would be overruled by another just like that...unless someone can tell this is not unusual for Sprint.
    In theory, the first post suggests that the "memo" is updated DAILY:
    Date: 10/14/2004 Handset Availability (SCSO)
    This report is updated by 9:00 CST each weekday
    As such, "yeah yeah"'s "update" could have been from Yet Another Daily Memo.

Uh huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    I trust that this is authentic, .
    Why? It was typed on typewriter?
    What's a "typewriter"?

(...)
    It's a thing that doen't have superscript feature.....
    I was just on the phone with USAA/Sprint Customer Service. If you have USAA, you get special Sprint customer service. If you do, you know just how much better this is than the normal service.

Anyway, I told the guy about the differing stories about the 650 release date that I have heard, so he called USAA/Sprint Telesales with me on the line. I was quiet in the background. He told the Telesales guy that there was a customer who wanted to buy the 650. The Telesales (after checking) said it would be available Late Nov/Early Dec. No firm date yet. Call back in Mid-Nov.

Take it for what it's worth, but its from the elite corps of Sprint customer service reps directly. I believe it.
    It's a thing that doen't have superscript feature.....
    Selectrics did.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    In theory, the first post suggests that the "memo" is updated DAILY:

As such, "yeah yeah"'s "update" could have been from Yet Another Daily Memo.

Uh huh.
    Missed that daily piece. DUH moment. I have those frequently . Thanks for pointing it out.
    A rep at a Sprint store in Dallas (Mockingbird Station) told me today that the release was being pushed back until 1st quarter (Jan/Feb).
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    kill me now. oh wait sprint reps dont know their hole from an *** in the ground. never mind. dont kill me. cake please.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12