Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Hey Guys, Brand new user to this forum. I have not yet (but soon) purchased my Treo 600. As work is paying for the phone but I have to pay for the monthly charges I have a couple of questions. I would like SMS as my wife and I text message each other alto. I would also like to use the phone as a pager (replacing my broken company pager). I know it can send and receive email but can I do this without having a data services package on top of my voice plan? I am currently using ATT wireless but can change if there is a better option. My current digital phone can send and receive plain text messages and it does not have any WEB stuff on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    The Treo 600 can send and recieve text messages. Plans from ATT is usually has add on for txt msg.

You don't need data plan if you don't want email, web and data services. Watch out for data connection via voice minutes, it could run you up a big phone bill auickly. Make sure you change network connection settings to always prompt you and always disconnect after every connection.

Note that the Treo is classified by phone providers as data device first.