1.    #1  
    Looks interesting and probably very useful:

"Fake Call is a program that is intended to give Treo 600 owners a way to escape impromptu office meetings and unwanted social interactions using the Treo -- by simulating incoming phone calls!"

http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000174.php
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Let's hope Toysoft has found a way to make software without all the bugs.....
    Yeah, I would think that a developer would work on fixing bugs with it's base application before branching out even further with new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Yeah, I would think that a developer would work on fixing bugs with it's base application before branching out even further with new products.
    I completely agree. Shows you that $$$$ is there only reason for being.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    a way to escape impromptu office meetings and unwanted social interactions using the Treo -- by simulating incoming phone calls!
    I remember there's a freeware app like this, for any PalmOS based device, but I don't remember its name... can you help?
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It would be nice if Toysoft fixed bugs in its other programs...PabloTX is right. As a matter of fact, they should fix the bugs in this one! It doesn't work! It shows the incoming call screen for two seconds, no ringtone whatsoever, and then it is gone. I returned my first Lightwav purchase for a full refund, and I'm not even going to bother with this one anymore.
    I bought this application and it words the way it says. However, the problem is now getting a registered version on my phone. I emailed MyTreo twice as well as the developer but no word from either on installing a registered (paid-for) version on the phone. Anyone have a direct email address for the developer? Thanks...
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    I am now deleting the demo off. Way too buggy for me. I know this is only a beta, but it is typical toysoft quality, which is pretty poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    I bought this application and it words the way it says. However, the problem is now getting a registered version on my phone. I emailed MyTreo twice as well as the developer but no word from either on installing a registered (paid-for) version on the phone. Anyone have a direct email address for the developer? Thanks...
    when you purchased you are given the full version to download. did you install that version? send email to support@toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Wow, I had so much hope for this...I always need to get out of meetings and such, this would have been perfect.

With the demo, i've had the following issues:

1. It doesn't ring
    2. Even though greeting is unchecked, a greeting actually comes up...and its on speaker and loud.
    3. You can't specify a 'time' to call...so you need to have the treo in your hand at some point...making this useless IMO.

If at least the first 2 were fixed i'd buy it and figure out a work around for #3, but how do you release a demo that doesn't even do what it's supposed to?

Erik
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122
    Wow, I had so much hope for this...I always need to get out of meetings and such, this would have been perfect.

With the demo, i've had the following issues:

1. It doesn't ring
    2. Even though greeting is unchecked, a greeting actually comes up...and its on speaker and loud.
    3. You can't specify a 'time' to call...so you need to have the treo in your hand at some point...making this useless IMO.

If at least the first 2 were fixed i'd buy it and figure out a work around for #3, but how do you release a demo that doesn't even do what it's supposed to?

Erik
    v1.1 is released. it fixes the problem when keyguard is active.
    If you have greeting unchecked then it uses the default greetings.
    the whole idea is for you to set the fakecall in impromptu. when you try to get out of a meeting you dont want others seeing you playing around with your phone. this is a dead give away.

the future version will allow you to put it timed appts.

check out this article on cnet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3000_7-...?tag=cnetfd.li
    Last edited by smiley88; 10/20/2004 at 11:57 AM.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I havent downloaded and tested this thing yet (no saying I will) but it seems to me after looking at its features on MTDN and reading here and there about it, some features were sadly overlooked.

This is a neat idea but it would sure have been a wise idea IMO to make a scheduler or someowrt of countdown timer function so nothing has to be done to get it to go off. As I understand it you have to activate the fake call with a hardbutton? Well why do I wanna give up ahard button? And having to actually touch your phone to initiate the fake call seems stupid. You want it to be as realistic as possible.

Maybe I am wrong, and please correct me if I am.

just my 1 cent....no point in offerring 2 if I havent tried it right.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I havent downloaded and tested this thing yet (no saying I will) but it seems to me after looking at its features on MTDN and reading here and there about it, some features were sadly overlooked.

This is a neat idea but it would sure have been a wise idea IMO to make a scheduler or someowrt of countdown timer function so nothing has to be done to get it to go off. As I understand it you have to activate the fake call with a hardbutton? Well why do I wanna give up ahard button? And having to actually touch your phone to initiate the fake call seems stupid. You want it to be as realistic as possible.

Maybe I am wrong, and please correct me if I am.

just my 1 cent....no point in offerring 2 if I havent tried it right.
    your idea is good and is already on the todo list. the problem is when you are in a meeting and you want to get out it you need to put in the fake call a head of time. most of the time you dont know if you are stucked in the boring meeting.

you dont lose a hardkey. you assign a combo key. eg: phone+calendar. when both buttons are pressed down the fakecall is activated and it counts down to the seconds you specified before the fake call is initiated.
    How about an option for the side volume keys to initiate the fakecall process?
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    How about an option for the side volume keys to initiate the fakecall process?
    not possible when the device is turned off. only the hardkeys and power button can turn on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    v1.1 is released. it fixes the problem when keyguard is active.
    If you have greeting unchecked then it uses the default greetings.
    the whole idea is for you to set the fakecall in impromptu. when you try to get out of a meeting you dont want others seeing you playing around with your phone. this is a dead give away.

the future version will allow you to put it timed appts.

check out this article on cnet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3000_7-...?tag=cnetfd.li
    Tried 1.1...I still can't get it to actually ring. Maybe I am doing it wrong...I just want the same ringtone the treo has by default.

My issue with the standard greeting...or any for that matter, is that it comes out of the phone's speaker...and I never leave the speaker on...so it seems weird.

Honestly, get mine to ring, i'll record something silent and have that as the greeting, and I will buy the software tonight.

Erik
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122
    Tried 1.1...I still can't get it to actually ring. Maybe I am doing it wrong...I just want the same ringtone the treo has by default.

My issue with the standard greeting...or any for that matter, is that it comes out of the phone's speaker...and I never leave the speaker on...so it seems weird.

Honestly, get mine to ring, i'll record something silent and have that as the greeting, and I will buy the software tonight.

Erik
    which combo keys did you use? try phone+calendar combo. also make sure fakecall is enabled. you then press both buttons and hold for one second and release.