Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The first senior palmOne executive to spill the beans on the Treo 650 today...

What is going on? We were expecting them to remain mute until next Monday...

Cheers, W.
    Too bad the 1mp camera wasn't confirmed It was alluded that the camera was "better" because of the low-light abilities...not resolution
    Guys, don't get too hyped up on 1MP cameras. I have one on my Verizon V710 and another guy had one on another phone whose name escapes me at the moment. And they both suck. 1MP cameras are not that much better than regular VGA ones. Because no matter how good a CCD you put in there, you will still have a tiny pinhole lense. The cameras in phones aren't bad because of the resolution or CCD's. They are bad because the glass (as in lense - the most important part of any camera) is too small to be of much use. With the Treo 600 you will get bad VGA pictures and with the 650, you would get bad 1MP photos.
    "Before the Holiday season..."

Sounds like before Thanksgiving to carriers... I HOPE SO!!!!
    What? You mean cameras need light to take good pictures?
    holidays are going to be expensive!
    dont care abotu the cam...but confirmed EDGE is great to hear!!!
    No word on whether the WiFi card will work on the 650. Its practically criminal to not have it at this point, I hope PalmOne understands this.
    Why do people think PalmOne has made the "TREO 650" official?
    Well, this is about a half-step above Hawkins flashing the Treo 600 at the oriignal merger announcement.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Why do people think PalmOne has made the "TREO 650" official?
    Dorothy (I mean Seldom) just close your eyes, tap your heels, and repeat "There's no place like home...there's no place like home..." and you'll be transported back to your real, black and white world.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    dont care abotu the cam...but confirmed EDGE is great to hear!!!
    sigh of relief
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Well, this is about a half-step above Hawkins flashing the Treo 600 at the oriignal merger announcement.
    That's not a bad way of putting it - if the "confirming" article was not bogus in the first place.

I have not personally checked but it has now been posted in another thread that the article no longer is available...
    That's not a bad way of putting it - if the "confirming" article was not bogus in the first place.

I have not personally checked but it has now been posted in another thread that the article no longer is available...
    The article still seems to be there, by both direct link or by linking off the main internetnews page. Still, it seems an odd place for PalmOne to break the news of a fairly major addition to its lineup.
    Perhaps PalmOne (PLMO) will release an 8k today if so since RegFD may require it.
    Perhaps PalmOne (PLMO) will release an 8k today if so since RegFD may require it.
    what do 8k and RegFD mean?
    The 8K is the SEC disclosure form for current events, and SEC Regulation FD outlines disclosure requirements for public companies.
    Doug
    An 8K is a "Statement of Other Activities" etc that could have material effect on a company and/or its stock price (like, say, an executive getting fired or hired, factory burning down, etc).

RegFD is "Full Disclosure Regulation" that the SEC now has in place requiring any material information that is released by a company to be FULLY released instead of to a select few. This was put in place to stop companies from feeding price-moving information to just a few (like a broker), leaving the rest of us holding the short end when the stock price moved.

An executive openly talking about the release of The Next Great Thing pretty thoroughly qualifies for a RegFD need, IMHO, thus my comment on PLMO needing to file an 8K...
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/18/2004 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Changed "has" to "could have"
    I have to say, adding EDGE support makes it worth it for me to upgrade to T650. Prior to hearing this, none of the other features made it worth it to upgrade, but EDGE (in conjunction with the other improvements) makes the difference.
    Wifi would have done it too, but with EDGE, a faster processor, Blazer 4... the need for wifi lessens.
    I'm with T-Mobile, and am not optimistic that EDGE will be available for me any time soon.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast