Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Nice thought, but can you get me ANY GSM carrier with unlimited data for $15 per month?
    Yeah, but can any Sprint user make a phone call without sounding garbled and cruddy at least 1/3 of the time?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Yeah, but can any Sprint user make a phone call without sounding garbled and cruddy at least 1/3 of the time?
    I'm not saying quality is superior, although I've never noticed the garbled sound you're describing (whether a PCS to PCS call or a call from a PCS phone to my landline). And yes, there is the capability to use data and voice simultaneuosly in the GSM world. But my point still stands - how do you justify the outrageous cost differences - Cingular wants $89 per month unlimited data - I can't even get AT&T in our area, but no better price.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Cingular wants $89 per month unlimited data - I can't even get AT&T in our area, but no better price.
    Cingular MEdia Package - $19.99 per month unlimited.
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    And yes, there is the capability to use data and voice simultaneuosly in the GSM world.
    Can't really toot this horn despite what anybody may say. Although one can send and receive SMS during call, an actual data session is available onmy on class A devices, which are currently only found in Japan. All other devices globally, are at best class B, which doesn't do simultaneous voice and data

But my point still stands - how do you justify the outrageous cost differences - Cingular wants $89 per month unlimited data - I can't even get AT&T in our area, but no better price.
    my ATT is only 45 dollars a month for data
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Can't really toot this horn despite what anybody may say. Although one can send and receive SMS during call, an actual data session is available onmy on class A devices, which are currently only found in Japan. All other devices globally, are at best class B, which doesn't do simultaneous voice and data

my ATT is only 45 dollars a month for data
    Monkey,
    any interest in the Siemens unit?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Does Sprint have Push to talk - or is it just VZW and Nextel still.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    Does Sprint have Push to talk - or is it just VZW and Nextel still.
    i think nextel and verizon only right now. i have heard that cingular and attws are doing ptt testing right now though
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234