Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Edge on GSM merely gets you Sprint Vision type speeds
    correction: EDGE is significantly faster (20-30% on avg) than Sprint/Verizon current data speeds.

i invite all CDMA TreoCentral members to come on over to our lovely land of GSM where call quality is better, phones are lighter, batteries last longer, and the Treo is the only passport you'll need for coverage all over the world.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    correction: EDGE is significantly faster (20-30% on avg) than Sprint/Verizon current data speeds.

i invite all CDMA TreoCentral members to come on over to our lovely land of GSM where call quality is better, phones are lighter, batteries last longer, and the Treo is the only passport you'll need for coverage all over the world.
    Go get them, Smileman, I mean Ghileman. Nice teeth by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Why do people think PalmOne has made the "TREO 650" official?
    Triumph of hope over exeperience?

Too bad AT&T doesn't concur with you:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=59447
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Too bad AT&T doesn't concur with you:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=59447
    until we all get our greedy little hands on 650s and conduct nationwide EDGE benchmark testing I'm inclined to continue to believe the widely reported and well documented speed ratings for CDMA and EDGE, which state that EDGE is consistently 20-30% faster than current CDMA dats speeds, which are: CDMA: 80-100 avg kbps, EDGE: 100-120 avg kbps.

oh, and thanks for the compliment BssinRVer. i've had some good dentists through the years. one of the two big upper fronts is actually fake
    Off to iPhone land...
    ...if the "confirming" article was not bogus in the first place.

I have not personally checked but it has now been posted in another thread that the article no longer is available...
    Someone should ask "internetnews" (or whatever the originating site was) if they were paid to publish then retract that "article"...
    Does working on Wall Street mean anything? I understand there are quite a few hotdog vendors working on Wall Street.

[violating RegFD and having an enforcement action made against you by the SEC is generally a handslap but still consdered a no-no]

Speaking of Edge I think Seldomright has reached it.

Mossberg, and other sources have discussed the 650 / upgrade often.

Spitzer's finally nailing insurance companies for collusion and SV is all smoked up about an unnecessary RFD for a phone he suggests failure of.

Only in America!
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/19/2004 at 08:57 PM.
    Someone should ask "internetnews" (or whatever the originating site was) if they were paid to publish then retract that "article"...

Be our guest. Maybe it will keep you busy for a while. You need a life.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Article seems to have gone :-(
    If it comes with edge, I will have to get it. Really want wifi too
    [QUOTE=ghileman]
    that's interesting that AT&T is going to beat Cingular to market with the 650. where did you hear that? QUOTE]

I think that I got it from Treonauts. I have found that with most handsets, AWS is making a last ditch effort to attract customers with attractive handsets, the MDA III (under the Siemens rebrand) the new SPV (rebrand Audiovox) with GSM 850, etc. I'm sure Cingular will carry it officially too as it appears that they are going to carry the Siemens too.

To me, I'd just rather buy from P1 when its available
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Until fairly recently, AT&T apparently has been less than enthusiastic about the TREO 650 - for the longest time it wasn't on their web site (nor T-Mobile's for that matter). It would be a Real (marketing) Win if PalmOne was able to sell them on carrying the TREO 650 right out of the gate.
  13. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    If the rumor on this thread, is true, will we have to move to the UK to get a 650 right away? Orange before Sprint and AT&T?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=59894
    Trust me, Sprint will have the 650 as soon as its available.
    Until fairly recently, AT&T apparently has been less than enthusiastic about the TREO 650 - for the longest time it wasn't on their web site (nor T-Mobile's for that matter). It would be a Real (marketing) Win if PalmOne was able to sell them on carrying the TREO 650 right out of the gate.
    Here you go again, SV. Spreading rumors and innundeos. Just because a product is not on a company's web site, it does not mean that the company doesn't carry it.

Get a life and give it up!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    no sign of EV-DO for sprint, but edge for gsm. not good for me!
    EDGE means good news for us----attws and cingular!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    The camera includes a 2X digital zoom and takes better pictures in low-light situations. There's a mirror for snapping self-portraits. PalmOne improved the camera interface for greater usability and to support the new zoom function.
    A "mirror for snapping self-portraits" ???

I can see the marketing blurb now:
    But wait there's more! Order now and recieve an additional Treo branded "Mirror" (TM) accessory. Simply hold the "Mirror" (TM) in front of the Treo camera with your left hand while operating the Treo with your right hand (patented one handed navigation technology) and you can -- get this -- take a picture of yourself! You would normally expect to pay up to $49.95 for this item in stores... but order now and you'll recieve the amazing "Mirror" (TM) cheap as free!

I don't get it. This is the first time I've heard this mentioned. Could anyone enlighten me or share their thoughts on the matter? High res screen, yes, Bluetooth, yes, I was expecting to hear about. This one, however, I never would have expected to hear about as a "feature".

Nice thought, but can you get me ANY GSM carrier with unlimited data for $15 per month? That's the current charge. As a long time Sprint customer, I've got Vision for free (unlimited) and two lines sharing 2000 anytime minutes for $85 per month. I think I'm stuck.

Besides, is a 20-30% increase really significant? If we're doing 50-80kbs, that means at best 65-104kbs - still not much of an improvement.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    A "mirror for snapping self-portraits" ???

I can see the marketing blurb now:
    But wait there's more! Order now and recieve an additional Treo branded "Mirror" (TM) accessory. Simply hold the "Mirror" (TM) in front of the Treo camera with your left hand while operating the Treo with your right hand (patented one handed navigation technology) and you can -- get this -- take a picture of yourself! You would normally expect to pay up to $49.95 for this item in stores... but order now and you'll recieve the amazing "Mirror" (TM) cheap as free!

I don't get it. This is the first time I've heard this mentioned. Could anyone enlighten me or share their thoughts on the matter? High res screen, yes, Bluetooth, yes, I was expecting to hear about. This one, however, I never would have expected to hear about as a "feature".

Settle down, Beavis. It's just a curved little reflective circle adjacent to the camera lens so you can sort of see yourself in the reflection whe aiming the camera at you face for self portraits or phots with a friend, etc. It's not an extra piece of glass to carry around everywhere you go! Look at the photos of the 650 and see for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTREOB
    Trust me, Sprint will have the 650 as soon as its available.
    Talked to Sprint today and he checked his computer, and confirmed it will be available the 2nd or 3rd week in November. There was no price posted yet, but it has been confirmed by Sprint's call center computer.

2 of my local Radio Shack's managers are both still saying the first week of November through them.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast