Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    It's not yet on the P1 site, but this is extremely encouraging!

Good catch matchtrader!

Mike
    Edge is confirmed!
    "Shirai said that carriers should announce the availability of the 650 in the next few weeks, with the product actually available before the holiday shopping season"

Why can't they just give dates?

Very frustrating.
    Mike
    I'm glad to see this confirmed:

"More important, Flash memory storage not only accommodates battery switching, but ensures that data won't be lost if the charge is"

Mike
    Hi matchtrader,

Well done indeed! I hadn't seen your thread and thus my duplicate...

Still somewhat puzzled by this release and its timing though - its obvious that this was an interview conducted some time last week and prepared for release today. A mistake by InternetNews, an unintended leak or a calculated move by palmOne's PRPRPR $department$?

Cheers, W.
    I have to believe that this was calculated. P1 has been so guarded with info, that they have to have planned it this way.

Either that, or the article will suddenly disappear this afternoon.
    hmm... I wonder when T-Mobile will have EDGE?
    I did not see where EDGE was was called out, are you sure it has EDGE?
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    "The Treo 650 will first become available through wireless carriers. Although PalmOne hasn't disclosed which telcos will offer the 650, it will be released in two flavors: a CDMA/1XRTT dual-band radio that can be used over the Verizon and Sprint networks, and a quad-band GSM with EDGE support, the GPRS protocols used by AT&T, Cingular and T-Mobile."
    Look harder, it's in there.
    Yes, EDGE was explicitly mentioned:

The Treo 650 will first become available through wireless carriers. Although PalmOne hasn't disclosed which telcos will offer the 650, it will be released in two flavors: a CDMA/1XRTT dual-band radio that can be used over the Verizon and Sprint networks, and a quad-band GSM with EDGE support, the GPRS protocols used by AT&T, Cingular and T-Mobile.
    Thanks. I missed the "with EDGE support" and only saw GPRS so I thought it was the old stuff.
    So about the memory, will it have 32+32?
    Heh, looks like we all replied at the same time. I'm still using my old Treo 300, so I'm getting this 650 ASAP. Unfortunately, it looks like the 650 may still have the VGA camera, not a megapixel one. Still not a deal-killer for me though !
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    The cost of the Treo 600 is way down on P1's site now! A good sign!
    The nearer this comes, the more I cannot contain myself
    Yaaaaay!!! Yyyaaaaaaayyy!!!!
    Not sure what you mean by way down but when I looked it's still $549 without a plan. All the other offers seem to be the same as last week?

Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe
    The cost of the Treo 600 is way down on P1's site now! A good sign!
    Actually, it doesn't look like much has changed from what we already know. It doesn't matter when Palm One "announces" it, it only matters when its available. "Before the holidays" doesn't sound like next week
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast