Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do we know about the memory? Is it just 32 only?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    hmm... I wonder when T-Mobile will have EDGE?
    I just got off the phone with TMo Tier 2 Wireless (lack of)Support and they didn't know squat. Their big suggestion was "check the T-Mobile web site". I got the same response from the first level CSR I asked about the T650 and when T-Mo would carry it.

I did get an SMS last week from TT@T-Mobile.com (trouble ticket) in response to my complaining about reception in and around my house. This is the response "A system enhancement is planned for your area within the next 6 months." That prompted my original call this morning since it got me to wondering if by chance the system enhancement would include EDGE. After speaking with all the T-Mo folks this morning I don't have a high degree of confidence that EDGE will be coming soon to a tower near me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I just got off the phone with TMo Tier 2 Wireless (lack of)Support and they didn't know squat. Their big suggestion was "check the T-Mobile web site". I got the same response from the first level CSR I asked about the T650 and when T-Mo would carry it.

I did get an SMS last week from TT@T-Mobile.com (trouble ticket) in response to my complaining about reception in and around my house. This is the response "A system enhancement is planned for your area within the next 6 months." That prompted my original call this morning since it got me to wondering if by chance the system enhancement would include EDGE. After speaking with all the T-Mo folks this morning I don't have a high degree of confidence that EDGE will be coming soon to a tower near me.
    What part of Texas are you in?
    EDGE will not be activated until June, 2005.

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...hlight=%2B2005

TheHandlessKing
    To answer it for TxDOT, the answer is yes. DOT stands Department of Transportation and the TxDOT is for the Texas Department of Transportation.

Hey TxDOT what area office or district do you work in?
    PalmOne's Treo Risk Seen As Overstated

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2004/1...ketscan02.html

"The research firm said it expects PalmOne to introduce the Treo 650 on or about Oct. 25. In addition, the company should add another tier-one European carrier before the end of the calendar year, which should account for more than 50,000 incremental unit shipments for the relevant launch quarter, according to J.P. Morgan. "
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Excellent information, thanks! I've updated my Treo 650 page with the confirmations from this article. Click here to vist the Treo 650 news page on my website.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    What part of Texas are you in?
    Round Rock which is ~15 miles north of Austin.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    To answer it for TxDOT, the answer is yes. DOT stands Department of Transportation and the TxDOT is for the Texas Department of Transportation.

Hey TxDOT what area office or district do you work in?
    What are you answering?

You are correct that around TxDOT stands for Texas Department of Transportation. However, I do not work for TxDOT. I live in Texas, my name starts with a D and I'm "on a treo" hence TxDot.
    I was a great fan of Texas, FWIW
    Opps sorry there TxDot.
    Indeed, the Canadian price is now CA$719 for an unlocked 600 GSM, down from CA$899 (i think) just a few days ago. I like.

Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe
    The cost of the Treo 600 is way down on P1's site now! A good sign!
    Philips PR95 (NMT) > Nokia 232 (AMPS) > Nokia 5190 & 5110 (GSM) > Ericsson R520m (unlocked GSM) > Treo 650 (unlocked GSM) on Fido
    Hey, what is President Grover Cleveland doing on this website? Dude, I thought you died in 1908. That's really weird.
    This explained the new connector, uniformity, and Smart Car Audio, cool.
    One hardware change may not be so popular with Treo fanatics eager to upgrade. The cable connector has been changed to match that used by the Tungsten line; therefore, accessories purchased for use with the Treo 600 won't fit.

Shirai said the company wanted to standardize the part across the product lines, as well as to use a more modern connector. "The older connector was about four years old, and it was out of spec."
    They are really on top of things. Now all they have to do is update the Bluetooth they will be adding… “which is about four years old, and out of spec”.
    anyone catch the "better" language from palmone? remember the "good, better, and best" product strategy. Sounds like the 650 is the better. Best is still to come?
    It's Gone Again. Talk about getting the TEASE...
    I think Internet News jumped the gun on info that they had ready for the release. They must be getting heck from P1 right now. Or was this another planned tease?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2
    I'm glad to see this confirmed:

"More important, Flash memory storage not only accommodates battery switching, but ensures that data won't be lost if the charge is"

Mike

ah... flash memory. I believe that explains where the rumors of a flash for the camera started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    It's Gone Again. Talk about getting the TEASE...
    I think Internet News jumped the gun on info that they had ready for the release. They must be getting heck from P1 right now. Or was this another planned tease?
    Yup - it's gone for me this time, too.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Me too though I saved it off this morning. I also sent the author an email about this and asking several questions but I have not received a response (no surprise there eh?).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast