View Poll Results: Where will you be on October 25th at 12:00am?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • At palmOne's website ordering the Treo

    34 20.99%
  • At palmOne's website reading about the Treo

    26 16.05%
  • Sleeping

    90 55.56%
  • Not sure

    12 7.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    Though still a rumor, it's a good bet that the Treo 650 will "suddenly" appear on the palmOne website on October 25th. With that in mind, I plan to camp out in front of my web browser a little before midnight on October 24th. I'll be refreshing palmOne's home page every minute, hoping the 650 will appear so I can order it.

    I'm curious to know how many others out there are plotting the same strategy. Answer the poll and we'll find out!

    Trevor
  2. #2  
    My brother...
  3. #3  
    Dutch, you will be viewing the PalmOne pages too?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vocaro
    Though still a rumor, it's a good bet that the Treo 650 will "suddenly" appear on the palmOne website on October 25th. With that in mind, I plan to camp out in front of my web browser a little before midnight on October 24th. I'll be refreshing palmOne's home page every minute, hoping the 650 will appear so I can order it.

    I'm curious to know how many others out there are plotting the same strategy. Answer the poll and we'll find out!

    Trevor
    If everything goes as planned... I expect to already have one by then!

    (knock on wood, don't wanna jinx myself)
  5. #5  
    I will be where all of you should be... with your spouses sleeping or having some time together. Seriously, aren't you guys exagerating a little bit on the release of the new Treo? I'm waiting for it too, but not that desperate.

    Al
  6. #6  
    having lunch
    Banoo... what's that smell?
  7. #7  
    psh! What a sick world we have degenerated to... That a 17 year old guy like me is being told I "Should" be with a spouse!!!! (I think it should be a few more years!) :P

    Anyways... I'm a uker so camping the plamone site is fairly pointless. And I'm a teenager so I probably won't be awake at that time.

    And not that desperate? I mean you have 174 posts for a forum dedicated to a phone?? Theres fairly geeky and desperate already :P (suppose they could be loads of support question for the treo 600 though...)
  8. #8  
    I will be...in the trauma rooms of Baptist Hospital of Miami...HOPEFULLY trying to save a life or some good thing like that. In my right hand will be the IV start kit and an 18 gague needle. In my left will be my trusty 600 checking P1's website for any changes.

    Cheers,
    Brady
  9. #9  
    At 12AM EDT, I'll be updating the palmOne page until I see the Treo 650, then I'll be writing my article about the release for the Daily Gadget .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    I will be where all of you should be... with your spouses sleeping or having some time together. Seriously, aren't you guys exagerating a little bit on the release of the new Treo? I'm waiting for it too, but not that desperate.
    You must be a Treo 600 user. I'm still on the Treo 180! Try downgrading to that, and you'll see why I'm so anxious for the 650.

    Seriously, though, I spend all my spare time with my wife; I think she can handle my brief but passionate affair with a web browser around midnight on the 24th.

    Trevor
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoslicer8
    I will be...in the trauma rooms of Baptist Hospital of Miami...HOPEFULLY trying to save a life or some good thing like that. In my right hand will be the IV start kit and an 18 gague needle. In my left will be my trusty 600 checking P1's website for any changes.
    Uh, remind me never to get in a car crash while in Miami. (Or any other traumatic experience for that matter!)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    If everything goes as planned... I expect to already have one by then!
    Huh? How? Or are you just joking?
  13. #13  
    What is with these people and sleeping? Since when was rest considered valuable use of time? I'm confused...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  14. #14  
    If you lived in Malaysia you'd be on your lunch break. Which makes me wonder, since we're 12 hours ahead of the US will we get the T650 first? Hmmm I wonder...
    Banoo... what's that smell?
  15. #15  
    I will probably be reading the threads and if that is in fact D-day, and if I'm sold: my Amex will be ready to do some work.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  16. #16  
    PalmOne management said they would be announcing late October. They might have said they would be announcing the Next Treo. They said this at an analyst meeting or something (I forget! How strange!).

    As such, probably something is going to be announced within the next two weeks.

    As always, an "announcement" or a "launch" does not mean "I can walk into a store anywhere and buy one".
  17. #17  
    i'll be a sleep.

    i remember (i think) that hadnspring would update their pages early in the morning, but does palm? or do they just wait to the morning when the ceo walks in?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by vocaro
    Though still a rumor, it's a good bet that the Treo 650 will "suddenly" appear on the palmOne website on October 25th. With that in mind, I plan to camp out in front of my web browser a little before midnight on October 24th. I'll be refreshing palmOne's home page every minute, hoping the 650 will appear so I can order it.

    I'm curious to know how many others out there are plotting the same strategy. Answer the poll and we'll find out!

    Trevor
    According to this article, the T650 will be available via the carriers first, not through P1 directly... So it looks like we still have some waiting to go through.
    KitMoni
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i'll be a sleep.

    i remember (i think) that hadnspring would update their pages early in the morning, but does palm? or do they just wait to the morning when the ceo walks in?
    Midnight, at least that's exactly what they did with the T|T5.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  20. #20  
    I just heard that the Treo 650 is coming out. This will be most suitable to my daily needs. I wish to have one soon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions