1.    #1  
    I wonder if the Treo 650 will be able to pass regular audio, and not just phone call audio, through a bluetooth headset. A few PocketPC's like my iPaq 6315 can do this and it's great. I listen to AudioPlayer books through my BT headset and it works very well. It's not spectacular for music due to BT's low bandwidth, but it's fine for audio books and otehr spoken word stuff.
    i'm sure if it pass through phone call it can pass through music audio.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima16888
    i'm sure if it pass through phone call it can pass through music audio.
    Not necessarily. It depends on the bluetooth stack. For instance, I used to have an i-Mate II PocketPC phone with the Microsoft bluetooth stack. It only passed phone audio. And even then, you could not use the bluetooth headset to initiate a call with voice dialing, you had to still touch the device to start a call. It wasn't until the iPaq 6315 using the Widcomm stack that you could pass regular audio as well as phone audio. And even still, you still can't initiate a call directly from the BT headset with voice dialing.

In fact, one of the rumors I saw about the Treo 650 is that you won't be able to use the BT headset to start a voice dial call, you still have to dial from the device directly. Since this will be the first Palm phone with BT, I wonder who will do the BT software stack?