1.    #1  
    So My treo 600 is dead. It keeps dropping calls,resetting itself, locking up and is generally just messing up. So I went to best buy to exchange it. I was told that I had to get a note from Sprint pcs telling them that it didn't work.

Warning BB RANT !!!

I buy a f**ing warrenty from best buy because when there is a problem with the phone you are supposed to either fix or replace it not send me to sprint to get a GD doctor's note saying my phone really doesn't work... A$$holes!!!

So I get the doctor's note bring it and the phone to my BB today where I am told they nolonger carry the treo 600 for sprint that it is obsolete and being replaced in 3weeks with the treo 650. I played dumb and said I had no idea there even was a treo 650 and asked the manager if i could trade my 600 for the 650. I got the managers name and I now have a 650 held for me when they arrive in three weeks (we'll see if that happens)
    Good scam!!!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    That is good news. I've been holding onto my Treo 300 with 3 year BB warranty with a defective screen, and now a battery life of 10 minutes on calls, waiting for the 650. I was worried that BB would continue to carry the 600, along with the 650, for the long promised "family of Treos." Guess I need to drop in to the Sprint store for my doctor's note.
    I only hope my transaction goes that smoothly at BB
    That's how the guy I bought from got his 600 in replacement for a 300, however, they did have him pay the price diff. About $170.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I HAVE THE SAME THREADS. they did the same crap to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i had the warranty, had a doctors note.. and now that i was gonna use it.. nothing.
    i wanna sue the pants off em if i could
  7.    #7  
    "That's how the guy I bought from got his 600 in replacement for a 300, however, they did have him pay the price diff. About $170."

lol i did the same thing when my 300 went wacky. I go through phones after about 7 months.

I wonder if there is a case to be made against bb for such lousy customer support.

Also when i got my warranty the warranty claimed i would get a replacement phone of comprable type (not cost) so in theory i shouldn't have paid the difference on my treo 300
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I am willing to sue them aswell. I think a class action lawsuit is in order for their PSP plan. Maybe Ocean18, I think he is a lawyer, will take our case.

Also, this is driving me nuts. What is it called when a lawyer takes your case for free. I think it is a latin term.
    I think it is called 'Pro Bono' work
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I am willing to sue them aswell. I think a class action lawsuit is in order for their PSP plan. Maybe Ocean18, I think he is a lawyer, will take our case.

Also, this is driving me nuts. What is it called when a lawyer takes your case for free. I think it is a latin term.
    Pro Bono, good luck though, usually you end up paying a percentage if you win (40% seems a common amount).
    Man, we must have an awesome BB! I bought a 7 inch portable DVD player with their extended plan and have gone through 4 of them with one problem or another. As a result I now have a 10.2 inch portable DVD player. Each time I went in they just gave me what they had in stock, which was a bigge unit. On one exchange I had to pay the price difference from the original player of $65.

But I know this is a different issue with it's own problems but did not get the BB plan for around $100 because Sprint offeres the $4 a month plan for two exchanges a year. I have had to use it 3 times over the last 2 years with two different phones, including my Treo that went out last week, and have not had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Pro Bono, good luck though, usually you end up paying a percentage if you win (40% seems a common amount).
    I think 'pro bono' is totally free legal work, usually for a charitable cause or needy person. There is no fee taken for pro bono work, as far as I know. I think the 40% you're talking about is a 'contingency fee' situation where the attorney gets nothing if you lose, but takes a percentage if you win.
    Indeed, work done "pro bono publico" is "for the public good", not for the good of people who want to turn a warranty into a horn of plenty. Alas, crescit amor nummi, quantum ipsa pecunia crescit.
    dammit tangible quit saying stuff that is intangible, say it in english.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    its cell phones in particular that hey have decied not to honor on PSP. if there is a lawyer that wants to look it into id take it seriously. i dont let people screw me over, especially companies
    re: "...say it in english."

Hey, I didn't start the Latin thing. And, after all, e pluribus unum - from many, one - kind of describes the whole Treo convergence concept.

But since you asked, "crescit amor nummi, quantum ipsa pecunia crescit" means, roughly, that the love of money increases as wealth increases. Just my way of saying that those of us who are blessed with the resources to afford these luxury devices shouldn't spend too much of our time hatching manipulative schemes to get even more goodies without paying.
    Time to put on my asbestos suit, I guess.