Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Well I tried lightwav for 7 days and I finally had to delete it. Since I put it on my phone, I would get many random resets, screen locking up, blank screen numerous times too.

    It did what it was supposed to do (ie. ring tones, alarms, etc.) but it also did much more that it was not supposed to do. I can live without all of the extras and my phone working the right way.

    Maybe when they work the bugs out, I will try it again
  2. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #2  
    Good luck waiting for that to happen...I was glad to get rid of it. Others do like it, but they can have it.
  3. #3  
    I suck it up. Havent found another program that does what Lightwav does (personal mp3 ringtones, increase volume to 100%)

    I use cardkeeper (search the threads here) so that after resets, it recognizes my card
  4.    #4  
    I sucked it up for a week and I couldnt get anything done. I cant afford that. Once I deleted it, no more problems.
    Cool, wacky ring tones are not worth my device not working and resetting all of the time.

    Good luck
  5. #5  
    Lightwav, like all of Toysofts products (IMO) are buggy at best. Unstable most certainly.

    I have since removed all Toysoft apps, including lightwav, live and their nfl package. I have also decided to boycott their products until the development and testing is beefed up.

    Toysoft insiders occasionally make appearances on these boards, but rarely when they are criticized. They tend to only show up to promote new products. Good luck with getting support/answers from them.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
  6. #6  
    I used lightwav for quite a while - actually bought the software. I knew it was buggy but also knew I could live with it. About a month or so ago, I got callFilter. It lets you use individual MP3s for contacts and pictures and whatnot. It is not quite as slick as lightwav in the showing of pictures (doesn't stretch and whatnot) and the interface is a tad harder to work with, but my Treo has been very stable since I dropped Lightwav. I recommend you look into callFilter if you are looking for personal MP3 ringtones.
  7. #7  
    I guess my points is this....

    Sure there are alternatives, but why would you pay for a second product from a company whose software you already bought and then had to remove from your device due to instability?

    Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me!

    Toysoft will not fool me again.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    Well I tried lightwav for 7 days and I finally had to delete it. Since I put it on my phone, I would get many random resets, screen locking up, blank screen numerous times too.

    It did what it was supposed to do (ie. ring tones, alarms, etc.) but it also did much more that it was not supposed to do. I can live without all of the extras and my phone working the right way.

    Maybe when they work the bugs out, I will try it again
    Sorry to hear your bad experience. Lwav is very a complex program compared to others.
    we have since released a lite version of lwav that only does ringtones and event notifications. check it out on our site www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi
    Lightwav, like all of Toysofts products (IMO) are buggy at best. Unstable most certainly.

    I have since removed all Toysoft apps, including lightwav, live and their nfl package. I have also decided to boycott their products until the development and testing is beefed up.

    Toysoft insiders occasionally make appearances on these boards, but rarely when they are criticized. They tend to only show up to promote new products. Good luck with getting support/answers from them.
    did you actually send in your support email? didnt you not get a reply? please do not post false statement about our company. we answer every suppport email.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi
    I guess my points is this....

    Sure there are alternatives, but why would you pay for a second product from a company whose software you already bought and then had to remove from your device due to instability?

    Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me!

    Toysoft will not fool me again.
    there is no fooling here. you had a choice to test out the software before you purchase. Just like any other software out.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  11. #11  
    I am still happy I bought lightwav, even though I no longer use it. I don't know if the problems were with the myriad other software I have on my treo, but all my palm devices have needed a soft reboot every few weeks. In any case, I had resets and whatnot with the trial, and I knew I could live with them. If you can't live with it, then don't use and don't buy the software. It's that simple.
  12. #12  
    Aside from the lackluster performance of Lightwav, the overriding factor in my decision not to purchase Lightwav, even if it meant doing without, was smiley88's attitude on the boards.

    Apparently the customer service is on par with the quality of product. Servicable, but not reassuring or leaving you with a good feeling.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    did you actually send in your support email? didnt you not get a reply? please do not post false statement about our company. we answer every suppport email.
    I have to back up smiley on this one: I have never had a technical question or problem go unanswered. Usually I hear back within 24 hours.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Sorry to hear your bad experience. Lwav is very a complex program compared to others.
    we have since released a lite version of lwav that only does ringtones and event notifications. check it out on our site www.toysoft.ca

    I am pretty sure that is the one I had on my Treo.
  15. #15  
    There are no false statements here. I sent many emails regarding support fo both Lightwav and LIVE. Some were answered, most were not.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    there is no fooling here. you had a choice to test out the software before you purchase. Just like any other software out.
    No, there is no fooling. I did try lightwav and thought I could put up with all the bugginess. I bought it, only to realize that it crashed an app that I added on afterwards. It remains a constant cause of instability on my treo.

    I am simply stating my unfortunate experience(s) with your products. I'm sorry if you cannot deal with the realities of criticism, but these are the facts.

    I understand you may only want to use these boards as a vehicle to promote your products, but in an open and honest forum such as this, user experiences will be detailed, good or bad.

    The truth shall set you free...
    Last edited by tonyricciardi; 10/19/2004 at 08:41 AM.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
  17.    #17  
    I agree. I am brand new to the Treo experience, and this is the first (and I am sure not the last) product that gave me so many problems. I live and die by my phone and PDA, and if I have a Treo that crashes every time I do something because of a bad product, I am through with the product.

    This is plain and simple for me.
  18. #18  
    I am very complimentary to developers/companies that release thourough, well-tested products. I created the forum for ShSh Software's 2Day application. That is a product that has been tested over and over again and was created by a responsive, pro-active developer. Shimon of ShSh is on these boards constantly responding to user issues as well as incorporating suggested features that he feels are appropriate. A question is "NEVER" left unresponded. And that is just in these boards! I imagine his personal inbox must be flooded with even more questions/suggestions. I have spent over $200 purchasing copies of 2day for my staff as well as many of Shimon's other products. Use ShSh as an example of how to properly create, test and then release a product.

    All we are saying is that Toysoft needs to cleanup their act. Keep your products in beta for longer if that's what it takes. Forego releasing new versions of products until you've worked the kinks out of the existing ones.

    Until then, my software dollars will be spent elsewhere.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Sorry to hear your bad experience. Lwav is very a complex program compared to others.
    we have since released a lite version of lwav that only does ringtones and event notifications. check it out on our site www.toysoft.ca
    If the lite version is indeed more stable, then I think Toysoft should make it available, free of charge, to registered users of LightWav. Toysoft's website lists mp3Ringer at $10.95.

    How about it, smiley88?

    Jesse
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman
    If the lite version is indeed more stable, then I think Toysoft should make it available, free of charge, to registered users of LightWav. Toysoft's website lists mp3Ringer at $10.95.

    How about it, smiley88?

    Jesse
    we've already said it is free to switch over on other threads.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions