1.    #1  
    Just got my new Verizon Treo 600 unlimited data plan and have been reading the message boards for tips etc.. Trying to figure out how I can Synch The Treo with my Act2000 on my desktop. Appreciate if anyone knows what the best app is to do this and where I can get it. Also trying to figure out if I should use Chatter or snappermail to connect to my work exchange server. why is one better than the other? Same question for Ptunes vs mmplayer (just bought a 256 SD card) Trying to figure out if i really need the softick card export II app to put music on my card or are these other apps the same zlauncher, powerrun?. I don't have the sync cradel only the sync cable that cameith the Treo, do I need the cradle?) I think i will primarily take music off of CD's I own and want to put them on the treo or possiblly download music from the web. Lastly want to know what the best email attachment app is? Docs to go or other for reading word, excel etc.

thanks
    You need to upgrade to Act 6.0 and it comes with act for palm which will run on your treo ok.
    I have my personal contacts and personal calander on the treo contacts and calander and I use Act for palm syncing with Act 6.0. for my business stuff. Act for palm works flawlessly except that you have to download an upgrade 1.01 and a fix for telephony, and it will work great. Shortcomings of Act for palm, is that it will not work with the 5 way navigation button completely and you have to use the stylist alot.

Act for palm will not work with Act 2000 or the newest version Act 2005.

Act for Palm comes free with Act 6.0 and works and syncs flawlessly just no 5 way button.

You can use Act campanion link and sync with the treo contacts and calandar, but you loose a lot of fields. Act Companion link I believe works with any version of Act ie Act 5.0, 2000 or 6.0 or 2005.

Snapper mail, and Docs to go, Audacity, Ptunes and you are ready for the road.

Also, Volume rocker is a program that allows you to somewhat use you 5 way button in act for palm but it does not do everything either.

Good luck

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I was just reading about Agendus by Iambic and was thinking about using that to replace the std contact mgr in Treo. It saus that it will work with Act. Do you know anyhting about this? http://www.iambic.com/agenduspro/palmos/
    No, I have used Act for 10 years, I have an assistant that manages tons of mail merge and schedules as well as two sales people that manage some thirty or more reps, and we are kind of locked into Act. The programs work flawlessly and always sync perfectly including calendars. We all have Treos with our personal work calendars and to dos in Act for Palm.
    We all keep our personal stuff in the treo contacts and calendar.
    Act for Palm would be perfect with a few upgrades like better 5 way navigation button usage, caller ID working with the treo caller ID, and an email tie in to snapper mail.

But I suppose I have a bunch of family, employees, friends, and customers that wish I was just a bit better or a little more ahead of my time. So I enjoy the Treo 600 for what it is the best tool I have ever had. I love my Treo.

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    You need to upgrade to Act 6.0 and it comes with act for palm which will run on your treo ok.
    I have my personal contacts and personal calander on the treo contacts and calander and I use Act for palm syncing with Act 6.0. for my business stuff. Act for palm works flawlessly except that you have to download an upgrade 1.01 and a fix for telephony, and it will work great. Shortcomings of Act for palm, is that it will not work with the 5 way navigation button completely and you have to use the stylist alot.

Act for palm will not work with Act 2000 or the newest version Act 2005.

Act for Palm comes free with Act 6.0 and works and syncs flawlessly just no 5 way button.

You can use Act campanion link and sync with the treo contacts and calandar, but you loose a lot of fields. Act Companion link I believe works with any version of Act ie Act 5.0, 2000 or 6.0 or 2005.

Snapper mail, and Docs to go, Audacity, Ptunes and you are ready for the road.

Also, Volume rocker is a program that allows you to somewhat use you 5 way button in act for palm but it does not do everything either.

Good luck

Curt
    What's the telephony fix? I can't get it to dial anything from ACT. I love ACT except I'm considering switchin back to Palm OS due to the dialing....I can hardly get cut and paste to work....HELP.

Todd
    You do NOT need to upgrade to Act 6.0. On ACT website is an upgrade for the ACT!Link for PalmOS that is on the Act 2000 CD. The upgrade is from 1.0 to 2.0. Anyhow, it will put the ACT information in your phone no problems.

I reccomend the latest Iambic Agendus 8. Once set to ACT formatting, it is by far the easiest way reference your ACT data. Trust me on this.

If you want to get ACT for PalmOS, which I find really bad, then try it. The interface is garbage. The ONLY benefit ACT for PalmOS gives you is Call Notes and history building. In ACT you will see if you want every outbound call and email in the contacts history. ACT for PalmOS does this. Agendus does not.

Agendus can make and appointment or add a contact, but you can only carry 5 lines of history with you and when you make a call, a note is NOT made in the ACT contact record. A ToDo can be made in Agendus (a phonecall) but it does not sync back to ACT on the PC.

Derek
    Todd;
    Go to www.act.com you may have to register and in the support area you will find the downloaads for act for palm os. download them and for me, act for palm and act 6.0 are working and syncing flawlessly including act calandar, to do, notes, history, appointments, telephone all work and sync. calandar and todos do not roll over automatically or manually in the treo. But they do in the PC and then in the treo when sync'd.
    Act for palm is a bit old school in that you have to use the stylist, but it works and the PC in yhe office will have correct data at the end if the day.
    Curt
    Curt

8.    #8  
    Derek,

Funny, but I did more investigation after the first post and came to the exact conclusion you suggested. I had act Act Link 2.0 on my laptop from previous palms and forgot about it. I also downloaded Agendus and all works fine. Now I need to get my Chatter email to work with my corp email server. Keep getting a bad folder message. Not sure what info they are looking for.
    I have the ACT for Palm OS on my Treo and it is fine-do have to use stylus alot....but I want to be able to highlight a phone number and hit dial----can't get it to do that at all.....sucks....

On Agendus, can you do that? Also, is there compatability with ACT and Agendus? I could ditch all the ACT if Agendus works---I'm only one using it-no company support where I work. I'll go check it out at their website.

Todd
    Todd,

If you want to switch to Agendus the only thing you give up is history creation on activities. If you make a meeting on your Treo the meeting goes into your ACT calendar but a history item does not. If you like to use ACT to log phone calls as you make them, Agendus does not do this.

However, you will gain a much nicer interface that I wish the ACT for Palm developers would take a look at. You will have the ability to dial numbers from there. It's a little bit of a switch, but the ACT for PalmOs interface is so bad that I think Agendus 8 is totally worth it.

Derek