1.    #1  
    Hello there,

I've transferred my data to my GSM Treo 600 six months ago, after upgrading from Treo 180. I have also added TONS of all kinds of T600 software. I now realize that my Treo is sometimes acting weird (random resets, slow performance). The Palm email application is corrupted (which doesn't bother me that much since I use SnapperMail). I depend A LOT on my Treo, and I would like it to work almost perfectly! I would also like to act proactively and avoid any future problems that may develop at the worst time.

I would like to HARD RESET my Treo 600 and manually install all my applications again, thus avoiding the transfer of any unnecessary files that may have been sitting there forever (such as incomplete uninstalls from my old days).

The thing is, I would like to keep some T600 stuff such as:

DialPad favorites
    My browser's favorites
    Wallpaper
    Phone settings (ringtone, etc)
    Pictures
    Network Preferences
    Snappermail settings
    VeriChat settings

Is there a list somewhere of where the above data is saved, and what the filenames are?

The procedure as I see it will be:

1. empty the backup folder after saving elsewhere
    2. hard reset Treo
    3. Hotsync (which will recover all Outlook data)
    3. Sync above data by overwritting respective files in the backup folder
    4. Install other applications

Any ideas, resources, links will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    That procedure will accomplish what you want. You can also use FileMan or FileZ to remove files from the Treo and then go into your backup folder and remove the files related with those programs that you deleted.

It's always good to start with a clean slate, do a hard reset, name the Treo something different and then start loading software one by one. This way you will be guaranteed there will not be any corruption or offending software.

PalmLover
  3.    #3  
    Hi PalmLover, and thanks for your quick response,

The question is: which files do I need to save in order to recover the Treo 600 settings/files I want to keep?
    Depending on your carrier, if you have a locked device, your network settings will stay but you will have to re-key in your mail server information and load apps. After a hard reset, the process will be the same as when you took it out of the box.

Otherwise, just delete 3rd party apps using the method I suggested, but don't delete:

DialPad favorites
    My browser's favorites
    Wallpaper
    Phone settings (ringtone, etc)
    Pictures
    Network Preferences
    Snappermail settings
    VeriChat settings

You may want to check that there is not one offending email with some corruption in it, by deleting some curious email or attachment.

This is really the easiest way to avoid a hard reset. I do not know the specific names of the files in your backup folder that you would need to keep if you do a hard reset, in order to restore all of your setting properly. I'm sure somebody else on the board might.

PalmLover
  5.    #5  
    Anybody has a list of the specific files?