1.    #1  
    I'm on my 1st replacement. are the replacements any better in terms of eliminating the buzzing heard mainly by the person you call? i know this maybe a beaten topic, but i just want to know if it is even worth getting another replacement. in other words has palmone improved or corrected the design flaw?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC
    I'm on my 1st replacement. are the replacements any better in terms of eliminating the buzzing heard mainly by the person you call? i know this maybe a beaten topic, but i just want to know if it is even worth getting another replacement. in other words has palmone improved or corrected the design flaw?

TIA
    No they have not fixed the design flaw. Yes, you should get a replacement. A replacement should fix your problem for a while until it comes back (I am on my 7th treo for this problem).

It amazes me that they just don't fix it. It has to cost more to replace these things all the time.
    Original treo had no buzzing (had other issues), 1st replacement did, 2nd one seems good to me, so definitely get a replacement
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I am still trying to identify whether I have buzzing or not.

In some connections, I would but not all the time. In your own experience, do you hear this buzzing consistently on all calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I am still trying to identify whether I have buzzing or not.

In some connections, I would but not all the time. In your own experience, do you hear this buzzing consistently on all calls?

Not at first. At first the buzzing would come and go (even durring a call). Eventually it will stay at the buzzing.
    I don't know if this is the same "buzzing" you guys are talking about, but with my CDMA Sprint treo, I always hear a high pitched hum when the screen is on and I am making a call. does that sound the same
    The buzzing tends to be heard on the other side of the conversation and it is unmistakeable by the complaints that you will get
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I was on my third replacment and about to order my fourth for the buzzing problem.

I am convinced that palm or the carriers do not repair the phone.

I did a search on the forum and came across the set of instructions on fixing the buzzing problem.

I followed this instructions carefully, it was wrapping a connection in foil. Did this repair two months ago, and NEVER heard that BUZZING sound again!!

Worth trying to resolve this problem.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all your input. I also did some research and found the post by someone who made instructions on how to put foil around the battery connector cable. I did this this morning and have yet to try it out. I don't usually use my 600 gsm version as I have the treo 600 sprint as my main cell phone. The sprint version doesn't seem to have to same design flaw for some reason. So I'll have to see how the repair went.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
    oh my, but that illustration of how to do it is... kinda hazy, to put it mildly. Can someone come up with a better illustration? Maybe do it in Corel or Adobe? I'm afraid to actually open up my treo and follow it since I can barely make heads nor tails of it, no offense to the kind gent who came up with it in the 1st place.