Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Has anyone else noticed that there are 3 different versions of the 650? The one in the middle is the Sprint version for sure. And the one on the right seems to be the GSM version. Check out the one on the left with the blue border around the screen. Maybe one of them is the camera-less version. Notice that they all have the different colored number keys! I knew they would keep those.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I hope so...not a fan of the all blue sprint model prototype.
    That looks just like the silver 650 I saw in chattanooga.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dataquest
    Has anyone else noticed that there are 3 different versions of the 650? The one in the middle is the Sprint version for sure. And the one on the right seems to be the GSM version. Check out the one on the left with the blue border around the screen. Maybe one of them is the camera-less version. Notice that they all have the different colored number keys! I knew they would keep those.
    You could be right....is that the red "sprint" logo on the top left of the phone? Maybe they moved it from the right on the 600 to the left for the 650.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    You could be right....is that the red "sprint" logo on the top left of the phone? Maybe they moved it from the right on the 600 to the left for the 650.
    yeah...thats the sprint logo on the middle t650. nice to see they kept the blue num. keys.

(posted via T|T3)
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    My guess is:

Left: light silver with blue - AT&T version, I've seen lots of blue and silver phones from AT&T.

Middle: Medium silver with a splotch of red above must be Sprint version.

Right: Another medium silver. Can't tell at all. Probably not Verizon (can't see Verizon and Sprint wanting their phones to look the same). Maybe unlocked GSM?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Whoever is on the left has the most integrity. We haven't seen any violations of NDA's with the blue framing.
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    I was just looking around the palmOne site, or more specificly, the palmOne Software Store, and this is what I found:

http://software.palmone.com/Star.jsp..._TopTenTreo650

Looks like it's almost here (like we didn't know that) .
    Excellent catch edeab220! I grabbed the image and it's now available on my Treo page.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    sprint is the one in the middle. or at least, it's suppose to look that way. notice the little red squarish thing.... on the left side...look at sprint's treo 600... it's on the right side
    I was hoping something like this would happen soon. I expected a different online retailer to jump-the-gun, not PalmOne itself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    I was hoping something like this would happen soon. I expected a different online retailer to jump-the-gun, not PalmOne itself!
    From the looks of the page, this may have been a mistate that originated from Handango. It is Handango that powers the palmOne Software store. Take note of the upper-right of the screen states "Provided by Handango". Hmm... Either palmOne is releasing next week or Handango goofed.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Nice catch Ed! I chaged the URL to all sorts of other stuff 700, 750, 800 and ACE and no results. Again nice work! Change it to 600 and you get just what you would expect.
    Robert Bolar REALTORŪ for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
    Well done edeab220, thanks!
    I couldn't resist.....I wanted to try and trip up a rep to see if he would slip and give me some info, so I called PalmOne and asked about the 650. It went something like this:

Me: I am calling to ask about the Treo 650
    Rep: (He gave me the perfect answer) "When you see it on the website it will be available".
    Me: It is on the website.
    Rep: (long pause) Uhm...where? Do you have a link?
    Me: On the Top Ten List on the software site.
    Rep: I only see the 600. (long pause while he figured out how we got the link).
    Me: (I wanted to go for the kill) When is the release date
    Rep: I "officially" cannot answer that. Until it is official if I share any information I would lose my job.
    Me: My local Radioshack said that they will have it the first week in November.
    Rep: Well, we usually always get it and have it available before they do. I am going to have to pass this website page up to my manager.

So we may not see link tomorrow, but for whatever it is worth, he did not deny the first week of November release date.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 10/16/2004 at 11:53 PM.
    What I find most interresting about this is the cheesy way they are pushing specific titles based on the assertion that these are "the top 10 downloads" for the Treo 650.... Um. How can anything be a download for a product that is not yet available! I'm more willing to believe that these software vendors have paid to be a top ten download, not that they are based on actual downloads...
    Compatible Devices
    Palm i705,Palm IIIc,Palm m125,Palm m130,Palm m500,Palm m505,Palm m515,palmOne Treo 600,palmOne Treo Series,palmOne Tungsten C,palmOne Tungsten E,palmOne Tungsten T,palmOne Tungsten T2,palmOne Tungsten T3,palmOne Tungsten T5,palmOne Tungsten W,palmOne Zire 71

Hi Guys

All the software has been download figures. But cut the above from the description on GTS Racing Challenge. Palm Treo 600 & Palmone Treo series?

This is also in the other descriptions.

Cheers
    BBKBAZ
    I enlarged the picts as best as I could. The only logo that I can see clearly enough is the middle one (Sprint).

The one on the right was obviously edited to blank out the name. There is a clearly delineated dark grey rectangle over the name, but if you look carefully, your can still see the palmOne logo on the right (The logos are on the opposite sides on the 600).

As far as the left unit goes, I do not see any editing, nor can I distinguish the logo.
    GOOD CATCH!!!...Looks like there are 3 different phones there. One with a Sprint Logo in front. To the left a blue cover. To the right...???
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Another page that should have been reviewed before posting???
    It probably was (*) - PalmOne thinks "buzz" is the way to cheap advertising

Wonder if it'll work this time?

=======

It is trivially easy to make such "inadvertant" revelations essentially impossible to happen. First step, of course, is to use something other than "treo650" as an accessing key...do ya think PLMO's web developers
    know that?

(*) That's why two of the three carrier logos have been photoshopped out, IMHO. In fact, the "blue" one is a total photoshop job - looks like an entire image has been pasted over a "standard" "TREO 650" (giggle) including some sort of junk ABOVE the screen part.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/17/2004 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added further comment
    it's the new treo 650 as the keyboard is not like the 600.....so we got some PalmOne web developer testing on a live server!!!! Oops....bet he is in trouble!
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast