Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It was my day off today and I decided to go on a 650 hunt and speak with real people...

I first stopped by Fry's Electronics, (a mere block down the street ) and I noticed that they were selling the 600 for $449 WITHOUT a plan and something like $150 rebate if you got a plan. Then I asked the rep. about release date for 650, he said, "Everyone has been asking for that phone, but it probably won't be out until December, and it will be a huge event."

After leaving, crying, I decided to go to my Local Sprint Store to see what they had today. The store was crowded and I had to make sure I stayed on top of a rep. while he was bombarded with questions. To my amazment, (not really) the guy right before me asked about the 650. The rep. said somthing like, "Yeah there is a lot of hype about it. Sprint is not going to carry the bluetooth model." WHAT!!!?!?!?!?! Then he proceeded to say, "When the treo comes out in a month or two, it will be under a different name." Okay, so lost!!!!

Can anyone else verify?
    I heard a new rumor that the 650 doesn't even exist. It's all in our heads... We've all fallen into a deep state of Treo-Psychosis. All we end up doing is creating new Treo models in our minds and waiting for them, to no avail. Meanwhile back in reality we're all being lobotomized...
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3
    It was my day off today and I decided to go on a 650 hunt and speak with real people...

I first stopped by Fry's Electronics, (a mere block down the street ) and I noticed that they were selling the 600 for $449 WITHOUT a plan and something like $150 rebate if you got a plan. Then I asked the rep. about release date for 650, he said, "Everyone has been asking for that phone, but it probably won't be out until December, and it will be a huge event."

After leaving, crying, I decided to go to my Local Sprint Store to see what they had today. The store was crowded and I had to make sure I stayed on top of a rep. while he was bombarded with questions. To my amazment, (not really) the guy right before me asked about the 650. The rep. said somthing like, "Yeah there is a lot of hype about it. Sprint is not going to carry the bluetooth model." WHAT!!!?!?!?!?! Then he proceeded to say, "When the treo comes out in a month or two, it will be under a different name." Okay, so lost!!!!

Can anyone else verify?
    I can't verify, but it wouldn't suprise me given that Sprint and Verizon do not carry any Bluetooth or wi-fi devices. I'd call that a pattern: there must be something about CDMA that explains this.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Verizon has Bluetooth Moto phone. SPrint carried VERY limited quantities of a Sony Ericsson BT phjone
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I'm going to have to file this under the "more rep crap" category. If Sprint drops BT, they would only be able to justify a very little price difference between the 600 and the 650, based on screen. Plus deal with a boat load of angry users and negative press. I just don't believe it. They can't stop BT, as the market will demand it.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    so what was that "sprint" treo that was in all of the pictures? it had pictures of the bluetooth profiles and everything! I guess it was a treo 600 with a 650 halloween costume on
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3

Can anyone else verify?
    Ok...please sit down first...The Treo 650 has been delayed until Q3 2005...Apparently, they wanted a simultaneous release with ben Q...The plan was to never have BlueTooth...That way Sprint can charge you more for the BlueTooth PCS option...

Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I'm going to have to file this under the "more rep crap" category. If Sprint drops BT, they would only be able to justify a very little price difference between the 600 and the 650, based on screen. Plus deal with a boat load of angry users and negative press. I just don't believe it. They can't stop BT, as the market will demand it.

Obviously you have not heard of the implantable version of the Treo SmartPhone coming out in 2010...
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Verizon has Bluetooth Moto phone. SPrint carried VERY limited quantities of a Sony Ericsson BT phjone
    oops, I sit corrected. That Verizon one had escaped me and I missed the Sprint one. They're just rare then, but even one indicates it can't be a CDMA limit -at least not an absolute one.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Here's the guideline - next time you go to a store ask the "rep"if he/she ever heard of Treo Central. If they say no, they don't know any more than you do about the Treo 650 or it's release date. At this point in time anyway.

Last year,if you recall, we all heard it here first before any Sprint Rep ever heard of the Treo 600.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I can't wait... I need a new device asap.
    I guess I'm heading to the AT&T store tomorrow to get the SMT5600...
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    I can't wait... I need a new device asap.
    I guess I'm heading to the AT&T store tomorrow to get the SMT5600...
    TOTALLY different device. T650 will beat the snot out of it, except for size.
    I know it's a totally different device... I just need to satisfy my gadget-needs.
    Been using the Treo 600 for ages now (and I love it), I just can wait any longer.... If they could only release the 650 soon enough.

anyways, just tried to be a smart-a$$, I will not replace a 90% functionality device with 50% one.

Not that the SMT5600 is so bad. It's actually pretty neat as a smart-phone (less than smartphone...)
    So you asked this guy on the sales floor…
    This grunt working for low pay and commission…
    This guy that doesn't have any inside info...
    This guy that doesn’t want you to wait…
    And he said the phone you’re waiting for is not worth waiting for…
    Why would he do that?
    Does this still seem strange to you?
    Are you seeing a pattern develop here?
    Don’t get me wrong I’ve never met an unscrupulous salesperson (yeah, right).
    Ask a few more salespeople and collect all the spurious stories and features you're heart could desire.
    Did you see the thread with the Sprint link that listed the Treo 600 with Bluetooth and an FM radio? It's the corprate website no less. If Sprint is willing to missrepresent the Treo600 at this date then why not a salesbumb.

Keep the faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    I can't verify, but it wouldn't suprise me given that Sprint and Verizon do not carry any Bluetooth or wi-fi devices. I'd call that a pattern: there must be something about CDMA that explains this.
    sprint has one BT phone, the sony t608 (came out a year ago but not in stores), the LG 325 will have bluetooth when it comes out in the next month. i know because i saw the spec sheet with a sprint rep at a store.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    they pushed the lg 325 back to late november/early december
    The ppc6600 will have bluetooth also.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Also, Verizon has had a bluetooth phone for over two years...the Motorola v270c. I have had one since it first came out, but its REALLY old and I need the T650 ASAP (don't we all).
    Sprint will have a modified bluetooth treo 650. They don't want people using the unlimited data to fuel there laptop connections.

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2262
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    well, a few weeks ago 2 people who had tested the 650 also said that Sprint might offer a "tether plan" for those that WANT to use the unlimited option to their computer / laptop for perhaps $45/month instead of the $15/vision. I wouldn't rule anything out yet (except for WIFI)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast