1.    #1  
    Ever since I installed the Windows XP Service pack 2 (?) update, my wireless hotsync is not working anymore. Then again I can not say with certainty it is due to the update, but I cant think of anything else that would have caused it to malfunction. Anybody have the same problem, and fix it?

Thanks
    the firewall built into xp is probably blocking it.

disable it or open he ports.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.

I tried disabling the firewall, but it still does not work. Not sure why.
  4.    #4  
    Well no reason to think it is the XP service pack 2. I did a system restore, and I still cant sync. So basically for no reason, it has just stopped working. God, I hate computers
    My first post ever for any message boards (though I have been watching these boards religiously for 12 months)

I disabled my SP2 firewall, and made my desktop the DMZ on my linksys router and it still didn't work. I then did a HARD reset. Then set up wireless hotsync and it worked again using the !! and the public IP (though it used to work using the private IP and computer name). I then took my private IP off the DMZ and it still worked. I am not re-enabling SP2 firewall as I have a firewall/router in the office.

I will probably post this on a new thread but I now want to find out how to do a wireless sync with my office for three different users each with their own computer. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by gadgetfreak; 11/24/2004 at 10:04 AM.