1.    #1  
    I have a one month old Treo 600 (sprint pcs), which has worked marvelously since I got it, up until yesterday. The device still works fine, but the screen does not respond to anything I tap on, unless I push really, really, hard on the screen with the stylus, so I can only use the phone with the 5-way center rocker button. I can still make and receive phone calls, and use the pda, as long as whatever I'm doing is accessible via the 5-way button.

Tried soft and hard resets, still the same problem. Is this thing dead?

Thanks for any info or pointers...
    Last edited by treo-dave; 10/16/2004 at 03:05 PM.
    Call or go to Sprint store for exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-dave
    I have a one month old Treo 600 (sprint pcs), which has worked marvelously since I got it, up until yesterday. The device still works fine, but the screen does not respond to anything I tap on, unless I push really, really, hard on the screen with the stylus, so I can only use the phone with the 5-way center rocker button. I can still make and receive phone calls, and use the pda, as long as whatever I'm doing is accessible via the 5-way button.

Tried soft and hard resets, still the same problem. Is this thing dead?

Thanks for any info or pointers...
    I had the same problem about two months in - Thought I'd broken the screen hardware - spent some time soft resetting - then backed up with a mega hotsynch preparing to do a full resent - kept going to the welcome screen to set the stylus and, just before I was about to do the full reset - it started working - I'm not sure which action solved it - but its now working fine
    Richard
    There is an issue with corruption of an "unsaved Prefs" file that affects MIDI downloads. To fix it, one deletes this file. This is germaine to this discussion because in doing so, you disable the touch pad. To re-enable it, use the "home" key and D-Pad to get to Prefs, then use the "touchscreen" entry to recalibrate the touchscreen. Perhaps this will work for this situation as well.....
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    I have seen this problem a couple of times in our deployments. The solution, to all but one, has been to brush the dirt and or dust from under the edges of the display. Best tool to-date is a watercolor paint brush.

/hth
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I had this problem 10 months into my Treo. Got progressively worst until I just couldn't recalibrate at all. SPCS store did an in-store warranty replacement.

Esteban
    My G2 screen protector made my touchscreen go funky.