1.    #1  
    I noticed that Verichat is up to v2.32b (updated on 10/14/04) at PalmGear but my current version 2.30b is not automatically updating even if I use the "Check for Updates" feature.

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...=&prodID=47394
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I saw this behavior too, but when I went to the PDAapps and went to the download screen they were still showing 2.23b or something as the latest release, so my guess is that PDAapps had not placed the new 2.32b version out there for the auto-update feature to grab yet. So I just downloaded from palmgear and overwrote the existing version with 2.32b. I also noticed that in the about screen when I click on the new version number the "change log" is a 404 Not Found error. This further tells that they are not ready for the auto-update yet.

Keith
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    when I checked my About info, I noticed that Verichat told me there was a more current beta version, and I was able to download the PRC directly to my Treo from that notice.

However, I thought that would be done without my interaction because I did not have "ignore beta versions" checked. Perhaps this is a feature still in Beta as well. It definitely warrants an e-mail to the developer for clarification
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    I saw this behavior too, but when I went to the PDAapps and went to the download screen they were still showing 2.23b or something as the latest release, so my guess is that PDAapps had not placed the new 2.32b version out there for the auto-update feature to grab yet.

Keith
    if that was the case, they are really behind becasue the last version was 2.30 and 2.28 before an so on. i received the 2.30 version through my treo and the same with at least 3 versions before 2.30.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yeah...I received those updates via the built-in auto updater as well. I just checked their site and 2.23b is still the latest version 2 release there.