1.    #1  
    Many times, when I receive or make a phone call, my Treo seems to "lock up," where the screen freezes and the only thing I can do is reset. Once I did wait instead of reseting it right away and the phone reported "No Reception" or something like that after a while. I don't think it has to do with the amount of battery left. I have roaming turned off and I also TreoButler 1.92 as well as KeyCaps600 (don't know what version, it says Copyright 2003) installed. I

Has anyone ever ran into this problem? Should I ask Sprint to replace the phone? I don't have the phone replacement program, would that be necessary (I bought this thing in March of this year).
    are you using Lightwav?
    I have had the same problem, and can tell you that over the next 2-3 weeks it will only get worse. Mine ended up indicating no battery charge, no reception, and would lock at random places in the phone app.

The best bet is to call Handspring and play along with "tech support" for a week or two and get a replacement @ 877-426-3777. Make sure to write down your ticket / case number you WILL need it again

The basic tech support steps are:

1. Denial
    "Your problem is due to third party apps you have loaded. Backup you data, do a hard reset, call us again."

2. Stall
    "Your problem is due to third party apps you have loaded. backup you data, do a hard reset, call.... oh you mean to say you have already done that? and it did nothing?" At this point they will give you the secret key code that does a hard reset and then drains the battery. "Recharge the phone for 24 hours and call us back."

3. Replace
    "Your problem is due to third party apps you have loaded. backup you data, do a hard reset, call...."

At this point you may want to help them skip through their script to the bottom of the page where the "advance replacement" instructions are found. Be sure to remind them that you have the "factory" image *only* loaded and nothing else - yes you are quite sure, and yes, your device is experiencing the same problems - really.

Be sure to have a credit card handy - they want the number "in case you don't send the broken unit back." I was told 2-3 business days, so we'll see what the UPS man brings Monday.
    My treo 600 gets hung up alot. It won't allow me to hang up or when I have a 3 way call and one hangs up, I can't go back to the first caller. I had other lock up problems and I am waiting for my replacement.
    ikickcats: respectfully, your posting is very misleading.
    1. Sprint does all the support for T600 so they would take the repair call. Going to a Sprint store is the best way to get action.
    2. The info about draining the battery etc relates to Treo 180 and 270 only and not to Treo 600.

The issues described sound like the battery cable issue which may cause the Sprint version only of the Treo 600 phone to hang up a call in good coverage. Talk to Sprint store for help.
    very misleading, hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    ikickcats: respectfully, your posting is very misleading.
    1. Sprint does all the support for T600 so they would take the repair call. Going to a Sprint store is the best way to get action.
    2. The info about draining the battery etc relates to Treo 180 and 270 only coverage. Talk to Sprint store for help.
    1. My bad - I use AT&T and they do no offer support or replacements, you must call Handspring (as AT&T directed me to)

2. Relates or not, that's what the fine tech support folks at Handspring had me do.

That's my experience - and the problem went from intermittent to not being able to use the phone. If you can get support from the store you purchased it in March, great.
  7.    #7  
    No Lightwav on this thing. I bought the phone from Treocentral. But I presume I can get service from any Sprint store, right?
  8.    #8  
    BTW, I notice that my data connection doesn't seem to be affected. For example, when I reset my phone after it locks up, I tried immediately check e-mail (Sprint BusinessConnect w/Outlook). It worked fine. However, as soon as I tried to dial, it would not work (same freezing). Thus, it doesn't seem like the phone is not receiving a signal. However, I did notice that the reception indicator indicated full reception, then all of a sudden it would say no reception.

Missed some important calls and am about to throw my phone out the window!