Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I visit the forums section a lot but I never ever really contributed anything. So today I'll give a lil something back to the communitee. I made a couple MP3 ringers last night and tried them out today and last night and they work amazingly well. They're pretty loud which is a huge plus over most MIDI ringers. I'll be making more over the time I have my treo. I always like to change things around and keep it fresh so I end up changing my ring tones pretty often. If everyone likes them enough and you want me to post more I'd be happy to. Just let me know what you think...

Here's the first few I've done
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hot man thanks. Only issue i have with hip hop joints as ringers is that I always think its the radio or somethin!
    OK, I tried endlessly to get a .zip file uploaded here, but to no avail. I have some mp3 snippets I use for ringers, reminders and voicemail and I am happy to share. Hip-hop isn't my thing, but I do use some of my favorite rock and ballad mp3's good for any occasion, noisy or quiet. Some of the louder ringers like Queensryche's Tribe, (used to identify family members calling), Anybody Listening, and Burning Man .mp3s can scare the crap out of me unless I am outside or in a noisy environment. I use the tunes like like Geoff Tate's Every Move We Make (EMWM) or the intro to America's Ventura Highway when I am in my office or other quiet locations. I use the silly Family Guy and Monster's Inc. soundbites simply because I am a wacky guy. Check em out and use em if you'd like. In case anybody is wondering or cares, I use LightWav to play 'em, and GoldWave to create 'em.

http://thebos.20m.com/Ringers/
    Here are more assorted wav and mp3 sound bites to download to your PC.

Once downloaded these zipped files of sounds can then be listened to and perhaps some might be used as alarms and/or ringtones...

Just click on the links below to download. Putting them all into the same subdirectory ... er, folder on your PC would be a good idea as there are around 340 sounds.

Zipped sound bites A through G

Zipped sound bites H through M

Zipped sound bites N through S

Zipped sound bites T through Z
    how do you use an mp3 or wav as a ringtone ? I thought it was only midis on the Treo600 ?

I can't get it to show in my sounds list at all. It keeps wanting to transfer onto my SD card and I can't do anything with it from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    how do you use an mp3 or wav as a ringtone ? I thought it was only midis on the Treo600 ?

I can't get it to show in my sounds list at all. It keeps wanting to transfer onto my SD card and I can't do anything with it from there.
    I would suggest you try Phone Technician and make sure you also have Pocket Tunes a.k.a. pTunes as your mp3/wav player. Have fun!

You can also try mp3Ringer at www.toysoft.ca It is the simplist wav/mp3 ringer around. It does event notification such as sms and voicemail. Card ejection prevention feature and more.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Well, if you've got kids like me, we sit and laugh at that goofy looking old guy dancing around on that Six Flags commercial (I know, it's actually some young guy in a mask or good makeup!). So here is an MP3 ringer to amuse your kids (I set it to play when they call me). Now, all I need is an animated GIF of that dancing guy to play when the call comes in.

Have fun,
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    I would suggest you try Phone Technician and make sure you also have Pocket Tunes a.k.a. pTunes as your mp3/wav player. Have fun!
    Thx... Phone Technician works perfectly... I like it over mp3Ringer because of price and slightly better options (but thx anyway!).

For anyone interested, I've included the 2 rings below (not bad for recording them from another phone through SoundRec - use at volume 5 and you can't really hear noise).

My remaining question is... is there a way to store the mp3 on the Treo instead of the SD card ? The mp3 is only 47kb. My card is packed and I may not always have it in. I tried transferring it over via Palm File Browser and it looked like it was successful, but I can't see the file via FileZ afterward. Thx.
    Thx... Phone Technician works perfectly... I like it over mp3Ringer because of price and slightly better options (but thx anyway!).

For anyone interested, I've included the 2 rings below (not bad for recording them from another phone through SoundRec - use at volume 5 and you can't really hear noise).

My remaining question is... is there a way to store the mp3 on the Treo instead of the SD card ? The mp3 is only 47kb. My card is packed and I may not always have it in. I tried transferring it over via Palm File Browser and it looked like it was successful, but I can't see the file via FileZ afterward. Thx.
    Of course. mp3Ringer supports sounds in ram and so does lightwav
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Of course. mp3Ringer supports sounds in ram and so does lightwav
    How do you get the mp3 into RAM in the first place ? Does mp3Ringer import it itself ?
    How do you get the mp3 into RAM in the first place ? Does mp3Ringer import it itself ?
    there two ways. one way is to use our windows app to convert the wav/mp3 to palmOS pdb then hotsync. the app is included with Lightwav distribution zip file. second if to take a file from the card and convert it to ram. you can do this both in lwav and mp3Ringer.
    I still canNOT find an mp3 ringer program that will work the way I want it to.

So far I've tried:

Lightwav - Feature-wise, does everything I want it to...cept it doesn't work. mp3s set as ringtones simply do not play. I've tried installing and uninstalling over and over again.

mp3ringer - mp3 ringtones work...but the problem I have is that the mp3 continues to play even after I answer the call.

Phone Technician - This one works...and works well. But there doesn't seem to be an option to silence the ringer by hitting one of the volume buttons.

*sigh*

So close...yet so far....
    callfilter> then all

i have lightwav.... it sucks... never works right...
    i have callsheild.... it has problems stopping the mp3 when the call is answered...
    i have technician.... works great... but only plays one mp3 ringtone for all....

callfilter allows individual mp3s for contacts for ringers and sms.... plus has call notes built in. also seems to be the quickest and more seamless of all of them....
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    I still canNOT find an mp3 ringer program that will work the way I want it to.

So far I've tried:

Lightwav - Feature-wise, does everything I want it to...cept it doesn't work. mp3s set as ringtones simply do not play. I've tried installing and uninstalling over and over again.

mp3ringer - mp3 ringtones work...but the problem I have is that the mp3 continues to play even after I answer the call.

Phone Technician - This one works...and works well. But there doesn't seem to be an option to silence the ringer by hitting one of the volume buttons.

*sigh*

So close...yet so far....
    did you enable lightwav in the Prefs?

as for mp3Ringer when you answer the call use the center button on the 5way. You can also manually stop the sound by pressing up/down volume keys then answer the call.
    smiley,

Thanks...using the center button worked. But is there any way to get this to work the same way using the on screen answer call button? My first reaction is to use the screen to answer calls.
    KungFuJoe,

Use caution with Lightwav products.... Do a search and you will find many many unhappy users.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    KungFuJoe,

Use caution with Lightwav products.... Do a search and you will find many many unhappy users.....

I will second that recommendation
    So is there a piece of software out there that plays MP3s as ringtones as well as allows you to set different MP3 ringtones for different callers?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    So is there a piece of software out there that plays MP3s as ringtones as well as allows you to set different MP3 ringtones for different callers?
    look a few posts up... callfilter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast