Thanks for the "heads up"!

The only question I have is, would it bother me if it's not the 32x card? Normally I'd prefer to have faster data processing capabilities, but $39.99 (AR) for a 1GB SD card... I might be able to live with it. My current Lexar 256 SD card doesn't notate any increased speed multiple (ex: 32x 256mb Lexar SD card), so maybe I won't miss something I don't already have?

I guess I just answered my own question, but would welcome any advice you all may have for me. Thanks in advance!
    Caution--this is almost certainly the standard Lexar card (..sloooooow...), not the 32X card.
    Yes, it is the standard card.
    apparently, there isn't much if any difference btwn. the 32x and the std. card

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=59642

buy.com still hasn't processed my order yet (sent to warehouse). i think i'll cancel it and save myself the $10 or so....
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey
    apparently, there isn't much if any difference btwn. the 32x and the std. card

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=59642

buy.com still hasn't processed my order yet (sent to warehouse). i think i'll cancel it and save myself the $10 or so....
    Everytime I see your avatar it freaks the heck outta me
    Lol
    dudes, we need to find out if the 650 will be able to take advantage of faster cards. with all these price drops going on it's nearly impossible to resist purchasing one of these because I need one. however, I don't want to be kicking myself in a week when we find out the 650 has some kind of superior SD capability that impacts the speed. also, i think we can all rest assured that card prices are only going to continue to plummet.
    Off to iPhone land...
    I tried to order two last week. Out of stock. I'm on backorder. Does anyone know since the rebate expires 10/21 would I still qualify? Otherwise I cancel the order. I've got a confirmation receipt dated before expiration and the rebate offer said that I just have to submit w/in 30 days of the purchase date.
    I am holding out for the 2gb card, assuming that they will be reasonably priced (~$150). Am I being foolish?
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    I'm on backorder.
    according to "my source" @ fry's, they should have em in by this friday so you can expect it w/in the next week or so. will it still qualify for rebate? it *should* since you placed your order well before the rebate deadline.
    i should have bought the card 2 days ago.... the price when back up to 8x.xx AFTER 30 bucks rebate.

i might wait for next round.
    FYI, mine shipped
    Just got mine today. Hopefully the rebate still applies to me since my order was put in before the expiration date, but was on backorder for awhile. Now I've got to get going downloading some MP3's and other fun things.