1.    #1  
    I need some ideas on the best way to organize a 6000+ person phone book. I would like to have a group of people that I frequently call separate from the rest of the phone book. I tried putting them in a separate category, but that screws up the categories on my contact management program on the pc. Any ideas on a way to best separate these people either with the built in phone book or other software?

Thanks,
    Lawrence
    Have you tried ArrowLauncher? You can create a list of favorites, and rapidly search through them by typing letters of their name.

I use it primarily for my applications, but it works rather well with Contacts as well.

A
    The built in phone app allows you to create favorites and assign a "Quick Key" that you press and hold to dial.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I have 5400 contacts in a mobiledb database. It is very easy to use and fast. it is seprate from the normal contacts but that's ok.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    The built in phone app allows you to create favorites and assign a "Quick Key" that you press and hold to dial.
    I'm talking about around 200 contacts that are called on a frequent basis. Setting these as favorites doesn't seem too efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by lreadshaw
    I'm talking about around 200 contacts that are called on a frequent basis. Setting these as favorites doesn't seem too efficient.
    why not put the 200 frequently in your contacts and use jkempster solution of mobiledb for the infrequent 5800.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    why not put the 200 frequently in your contacts and use jkempster solution of mobiledb for the infrequent 5800.
    The contact management software we use on the pc side will only sync with the contacts. And unfortunately, we can't change the categories of the contacts on the treo or it will screw up the organization on the pc side.