Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just checked Best Buy and on this page:
    http://bbywireless.getconnected.com/...=Sprint&tag=b1
    (Sprint cell phones/plans by zip code)
    The dicription of the T600 reads:

Bluetooth Enabled, Color Screen, Digital Camera, Downloadable Ringtone Capable, FM Radio, PDA Functionality, Push To Talk Enabled, Speakerphone, Text Messaging, Vibrating Alert, Web Enabled

I can't imagine that they would mess up on a discription on the T600 (Bluetooth Enabled).
    Might this be an other indecation of how close the T650 is to releas?
    And what's with the FM Radio bit?
    Hmmm...that fm radio bit sure is odd.
    Let's hope the Push to Talk is for real!
    Weird. I went to the website and into the page for the phone details. On the "features list" it says:

# Features Digital Camera
    # Built-In Speakerphone
    # Mute Button
    # Picture Caller ID
    # Read, Write & Send Email
    # SMS Text Messaging
    # Palm OS Organizer
    # Calendar
    # Calculator
    # Color Web Browser
    # Ability to Download Software
    # Infrared Communications Port
    # Expansion Card Slot
    # Writing Stylus
    # Dialing Pad
    # Wireless Radio
    # MP3 Capability
    # Polyphonic Ring Tones
    # Desktop Synchronization

Note that there is no mention of FM Radio, Push to Talk, or Bluetooth. However, on the same page there is a "Specifiations Chart" which says:

MP3 Player No
    Bluetooth Enabled Yes
    Changeable Faceplate No
    Vibrating Alert Yes
    Voice Activated Dialing No
    Speakerphone Yes
    FM Radio Yes
    Push To Talk Enabled No
    PDA Functionality Yes
    Downloadable Ringtone Capable Yes
    Color Screen Yes
    Color Carbon
    Battery Talk Time 240 min.
    Standby Time 240 hrs.
    Web Features Yes
    Text Messaging Yes
    Internationally Compatible No
    Dimensions 4.4 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches
    Weight 6.2 oz.
    Style Candy Bar
    Mode Single Mode
    Technology CDMA
    Digital Capable Digital
    Digital Camera Yes

Very interesting...
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    strange things are afoot at the circle K
    I have a super-secret contact at my local BB. They are checking their system for addtional info. Will report back with any info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    I just checked Best Buy and on this page:
    http://bbywireless.getconnected.com/...=Sprint&tag=b1
    (Sprint cell phones/plans by zip code)
    The dicription of the T600 reads:

Bluetooth Enabled, Color Screen, Digital Camera, Downloadable Ringtone Capable, FM Radio, PDA Functionality, Push To Talk Enabled, Speakerphone, Text Messaging, Vibrating Alert, Web Enabled

I can't imagine that they would mess up on a discription on the T600 (Bluetooth Enabled).
    Might this be an other indecation of how close the T650 is to releas?
    And what's with the FM Radio bit?
    The people who do these sites are generally always wrong. Compared on-line at Best Buy.com, went in store, and bought a dishwasher, Maytag , no display, when I got home found half of the features I liked were missing on this unit. A manager gave me the model two models up for the same price., the one with the features I wanted. Should be BestBlunder.com, store and online is completely different buisness models.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom
    I have a super-secret contact at my local BB. They are checking their system for addtional info. Will report back with any info.
    Super-Secret! That's almost like CIA or something!!

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    strange things are afoot at the circle K
    Strange things are afoot at my Local Best Buy too! I called them directly, the individual I talked to confirmed the Treo 650 is in the computer but the arrival date is slated for 2nd week in November. No details about the specification were available.

I created a quick Treo site that I'll try to update as more interesting details such as the BestBuy mention appear. The link to my new Treo page is Treo 650:News
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Cool...thanks.
    push to talk?? i haven't even seen that discussed around here! not that i have read every post, but most of the discussion here has seemed to be about wifi, various bluetooth profiles, edge and memory.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  12. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Obviously things are not equal, information-wise, between various BB locations. I stopped at a BB in Raleigh, NC this morning and asked about the 650. The rep who had told me a month ago that they were getting the 650 for training purposes "in a week or so", now says she has no information on the 650 at all. Her only reply: "When we get it, we get it."
    I don't know about others, but I have found information from Best Buy to be about as accurate as something from a presidential debate. I wouldn't be so quick to trust anything in their computer system.

Mark

Earn a free ipod by clicking here!!!
    To add to the mix I just left BB getting a new desktop and the Sprint guy there looked it up on the BB computer and said ins tock on Nov 14. Take it for what it's worth.
    best buy seems to be getting everything new!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    my best buy are a bunch of ignorant lying freaks.
    So IF Best Buy gets it in stock on Nov. 14 as some have suggested, wouldn't Palm announce it and Sprint offer it a week or two before that? I don't know anything about these kind of things, but it makes sense to me. What are ya'lls thoughts?
    I don't know if it is coming out Oct 22nd, Nov 14th, or some time in Dec, but I do know that my birthday is Nov 14th and it would be a perfect gift from Palm to me! I have already asked all my friends and family to buy me Best Buy gift cards for gifts.
    Ollie Townsend III
    http://www.netapex.net
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    So IF Best Buy gets it in stock on Nov. 14 as some have suggested, wouldn't Palm announce it and Sprint offer it a week or two before that? I don't know anything about these kind of things, but it makes sense to me. What are ya'lls thoughts?
    Yes, I would think an announcement a week or two prior to availability is very likely. Hopefully we should hear something, at a minimum the first week in Nov.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    That November 14 date looks good to me, because being a tech oriented store, the big "Friday after Thanksgiving" ad could splash with the Treo 650 on the front.

How's that for wishful thinking? In reality, if they tried that, they'd fail miserably because we woud have bought out the entire stock by November 15, and there'd be nothing left for a sale two weeks later.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast