Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know we have no real info on release dates, but do you guys think a T650/Ace usable for Cingular will be out soon after the first carriers? At the very least, how far behind was Cingular as compared to the other carriers when the T600 came out? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Cingular was one of the early vendors for the 600. I bought mine last October, shortly after it was introduced (and it's been working perfecty for me since that time). If the pictures of the 650, which were posted on this site a week or so ago, bear any resemblance to the final article, that device was a GSM phone. That leads me to believe that Cingular/GSM will be one of the first.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Since they are buying AT&T, an early supporter, I am sure they will be on-board from day one
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetprop
    Cingular was one of the early vendors for the 600. I bought mine last October, shortly after it was introduced (and it's been working perfecty for me since that time). If the pictures of the 650, which were posted on this site a week or so ago, bear any resemblance to the final article, that device was a GSM phone. That leads me to believe that Cingular/GSM will be one of the first.
    Not necessarily, It is possible that Palmone, to reduce manufacuting costs, is manufacturing all the bodies the same, just not having an active Sim slot for the Sprint phones. So in theory, that phone could be for any carrier.

Just a thought

rob
  5.    #5  
    Oh, that's better news than I was expecting. Thanks!

*Waits impatiently for his Treo*
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    From the Cingular board on Howardforums.
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...hreadid=463893

2004 MEdia Works now available on PDA's through 12/31/04 - (HQ)
    Sep 7, 2004 - Dec 31, 2004
    For a limited time, Cingular will make the MEdia(SM) Works package which includes unlimited wireless Internet access available to PDA devices.

Offer
    MEdia Works for $19.99 includes the following:

Unlimited Internet usage for wireless web browsing
    1500 text/instant messages
    200 Multimedia messages

Manufacturer/Model
    This offer is available for PDA customers using the Treo 600 today and the future PDA type devices listed below. The MEdia Works package will be and add-on to voice on PDA devices.

This promotion will be available on the following devices depending on availability:

PalmOne Treo 600, Palm OS

Palm One Treo 650, Palm OS – November availability

Siemens SX66, Pocket PC 2003 – October availability

Motorola MPx220, Microsoft Smartphone – October availability

Please contact Jen O’Connell, Jennifer.oconnell@cingular.com, 404 236 6183, for more information on the above devices.

References
    Coupon Code:
    Eligibility Terms:

Notes
    There are no special feature codes for this offer.

Remove all existing Text & Multimedia Messaging & WIX codes!!!

Provisioning CARE

For the MEdia Works Unlimited package use the following feature codes:

ME05

ME06

ME07

ME08

All of these codes must be used.

Do not use current PDA Connect for this offer.
    Interesting news....

What do you this info, SV/Hengeem? Is it another hoax?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=464016

2004 MEdia Works now available on PDA's through 12/31/04 - (HQ)
    Sep 7, 2004 - Dec 31, 2004
    For a limited time, Cingular will make the MEdia(SM) Works package which includes unlimited wireless Internet access available to PDA devices.

Offer
    MEdia Works for $19.99 includes the following:

Unlimited Internet usage for wireless web browsing
    1500 text/instant messages
    200 Multimedia messages

Manufacturer/Model
    This offer is available for PDA customers using the Treo 600 today and the future PDA type devices listed below. The MEdia Works package will be and add-on to voice on PDA devices.

This promotion will be available on the following devices depending on availability:

PalmOne Treo 600, Palm OS

Palm One Treo 650, Palm OS – November availability

Siemens SX66, Pocket PC 2003 – October availability

Motorola MPx220, Microsoft Smartphone – October availability

Please contact Jen O’Connell, Jennifer.oconnell@cingular.com, 404 236 6183, for more information on the above devices.

References
    Coupon Code:
    Eligibility Terms:

Notes
    There are no special feature codes for this offer.

Remove all existing Text & Multimedia Messaging & WIX codes!!!

Provisioning CARE

For the MEdia Works Unlimited package use the following feature codes:

ME05

ME06

ME07

ME08

All of these codes must be used.

Do not use current PDA Connect for this offer.
    Mike
    Why do you think a post to a discussion board elsewhere has more weight than a post to a discussion board here?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Why do you think a post to a discussion board elsewhere has more weight than a post to a discussion board here?
    Discussion on another board??? This is a copy of a internal mail doc at Cingular showing the estimated release date of the 650. You don think that's relevant enough to post here???
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    Discussion on another board??? This is a copy of a internal mail doc at Cingular showing the estimated release date of the 650. You don think that's relevant enough to post here???
    Ummm...Seldom, your post makes no sense.
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Who said it had more weight, Seldom? The original poster said that it was posted on HOFO's first, that's all. Was that same info from Cingular posted here first? I'm not sure what you're getting at.
    The more important point is... Treo 650 has a GSM version, and can possibly be launched around the same time as Sprint! Now all I need to hear is rumor for T-Mobile!!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    WBO's pics seemed to be of a GSM phone (it had a SIM slot the same as the 600).
    to anyone not familiar with Howard forums, they are a hugely popular, highly intelligent forum about cell phones. Lots of rumors that come from there end up being legit news later on.

-WC-
    The point is, of course, that someone making a post ANYWHERE that isn't supported by a link to a reliable source outside that person's control is suspect.

It is trivially easy to make up a memo; it is trivially easy to take a real memo and "enhance" it; it's even trivially easy to fake photos (as the Tungsten fake thoroughly shows).

The "fact" that someone elsewhere posted what that someone says are actual words from a memo doesn't mean it's a real memo or an unenhanced memo or anything.

On TreoCentral there have been about 700 gajillion posts from different posters ALL saying the equivalent of "I have REAL inside info and the date is X" for almost literally All X.

Why are THOSE posts somehow less believable than some other post elsewhere that says "I have REAL inside info and the date is X"...?
    SV/Hengeem,

You probably think that moon landing was a hoax as well.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    SV/Hengeem,

You probably think that moon landing was a hoax as well.....
    Silly person - do you think the Tungsten fake is real?

Q.E.D.
    Jeeez... Chill out! The guy tires to tell us something. With your attitude noting is for real. And if it s a hoax - it will be 'undressed' sooner than later - Tungsten or not.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast