Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Went into my local Cingular store today to add my brother to my service. Same guy I always deal with and played dumb like, "I wish I could afford that Treo 600". He said a new one is scheduled to be released in December so the Treo 600 would drop by a few hundred bucks. I said, "Oh can I be put on a waiting list for the new one?" He laughed and said that once they accept a waiting list for pre-orders he would be the first one on it. So I guess people who have been asking about GSM phones, this can resolve the concerns at least for Cingular.
    Last week I had called cingular and asked about the treo 650, the rep pretended that thre was no such phone. I called today and asked about the treo 650, and was told the reps werent told the price yet, but that they will be selling the treo 650 by either next week, or the following. I said "so in a week or 2 you will definitely be selling them and she said yes"
    Quote Originally Posted by jeg815
    Last week I had called cingular and asked about the treo 650, the rep pretended that thre was no such phone. I called today and asked about the treo 650, and was told the reps werent told the price yet, but that they will be selling the treo 650 by either next week, or the following. I said "so in a week or 2 you will definitely be selling them and she said yes"
    Very interesting, thanks. I'll do some checking as well. I'm thinking of swiching to Cingular, I miss a GSM phone (for travel overseas). If this is true, we should hear something very soon.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    I think this was great on palmone's part. Seems like they are finally showing signs of palm's products like they did when we first got addicted to the pilot. Nowthey are releasing a treo 650 communicator, that can be purchased very soo, you know for sure it will work with your carrier. Cingular just told me a week or 2 and they will have them. I think palmone did a great job of keeping this underwraps. Congrats to them to have aproduct ready to be used, an didnd almost all our major carriers. aia had a treo 600, and sold it. I didnt like the screen. but now I kick myself in the a@@
    that was the best pda I have ever owned. So Hats off to palm, they definitely kept this well hidden to apprear as the gotta have pda/cellphone/mp3player in 1 cool shell.
    Yahoo!!!!!!!

Lookout EDGE and CD quality Shoutcast streaming, here I come!
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I have noticed that some shoutcast stations keep buffering, effectively making them not worth listening to due to all the interruptions; what effect would EDGE have on these high bit-rate stations?
    I havent been on these boards since I sold my treo 600 in march, What is the edge talk? and streaming. i got 2 palm devices, I am an addict till I get my t650. I have a tt3 and a zodiac 2, canI dues this on them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is why the palm community is so strong vs the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    Yahoo!!!!!!!

Lookout EDGE and CD quality Shoutcast streaming, here I come!
    Does Cingular have EDGE?
    If this is true, will unlocked GSM units be available through Cingular and/or PalmOne? I want to get the 650 to use on T-mobile's network and as of now, I haven't heard anything about T-mobile carrying the 650 anytime soon. I want this phone as soon as it is made available to the public and it looks like the only way I will be able to use one is to purchase an unlocked GSM unit.
    What does everyone think about Cingular's (+ AT&T) vs T-Mobile coverage?

I love T-Mobile's coverage in San Diego. If the acquisition creates the biggest wireless network (even bigger than Verizon), then I may switch to Cingular.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    What does everyone think about Cingular's (+ AT&T) vs T-Mobile coverage?

I love T-Mobile's coverage in San Diego. If the acquisition creates the biggest wireless network (even bigger than Verizon), then I may switch to Cingular.
    I really like it (Cingular). I love the rollover minutes, and the *min# feature that allows you to check your minute usage, it sends you a free test message with the details on it. I have had solid coverage and good customer service thus far.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    smileman i'd love to hear someone using EDGE that has cd quality shoutcast running (128kbps) but until it happens.... good luck. I dont think it's going to happen
    I like the company, but the coverage is spotty here for me. Where I need it most, on my drive home and on the wife's, there are dead spots.
    [QUOTE=techjunkie]What does everyone think about Cingular's (+ AT&T) vs T-Mobile coverage?

Try out Cingular/At&t first to see how good their coverage is in your area. I had At&t here in Florida and their GSM network was Horrible. Cingular is buying a poorly implemented At&t GSM network in my opinion. Cingular is going to have alot of fixing ahead.

I also love T-Mobile's service. Coverage here in Florida is great. T-Mo is slowly upgrading their network to the latest Technologies (EDGE, UTMS). I'm personally glad they take to their time to upgrade in order to get it right. Let the Greyhounds work to get all the bugs out and lose customers to T-Mobile and after its perfected. Then T-Mobile can implement the new stuff at a cheaper price and charge less to customers. Go T-Mobile

T-Mobile Rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Does Cingular have EDGE?
    yes, plus they'll pickup AT&Ts nationwide EDGE network with the merger (supposedly service will merge on Nov 1 - just in time for the 650)
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    smileman i'd love to hear someone using EDGE that has cd quality shoutcast running (128kbps) but until it happens.... good luck. I dont think it's going to happen
    come on, just like the Red Sox you gotta think positive, baby!
    Off to iPhone land...
    The thing ATT has is the have national edge coverage where cingular is way behind. Go Sox, Schilling you are the man
    Anyone have the new ipaq 6315. I really like that the screen is bigger than the treo and it has wifi and bluetooth with more ram too. The problem is it looks like it is exclusive for Tmobile. What does everyone think between the treo 650 or the ipaq6315
    Quote Originally Posted by kouma
    Anyone have the new ipaq 6315. I really like that the screen is bigger than the treo and it has wifi and bluetooth with more ram too. The problem is it looks like it is exclusive for Tmobile. What does everyone think between the treo 650 or the ipaq6315
    I have actually held in my hand and used a 6315. Friends at HP... However, the unit has lots of problems. Freezing up, lots of soft resets, and even a couple of complete reloads. The case is plastic, not metal, I guess to make it lighter. IT was nice to have Blue and WiFi in the same unit. In the end, I sent it back to my buddies at HP. I would wait for the boys at HP to come out with a soft paq update before I buy.
    Please bear with me as I'm new and learning.

I have been a Cingular customer for a few years now and I'm happy with their plans for phones.

I recently saw someone with the Treo 600 and he advised considering the Sprint Plans, as they have internet access for a flat rate per month, no matter how long or much you are on.

As I (as eagerly as most) await the Treo 650, I'm not sure if the carrier who offers it should be my primary consideration.

Is Sprint the best for internet, etc. Is there anythng else that should be considered??

Thanks in advance!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast