Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Go **** yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Go **** yourself.
    Where did this hostility come from?

Can't handle the truth, my P1 stock-shorting friend....
    Most abject apologies - since the '70s my knee-jerk reaction to a pinhead telling me to "Love it or leave it" has been an automatically spewed and without thought "Go **** yourself". No thought, just visceral reaction.

Of course, after the fact I think about it.

And, as in this case, usually totally concur with the gut reaction.

The fact that YOU don't like that a TREO fanatic expressing what amounts to serious doubt about The Next Great Thing out of PalmOne is interesting, true, but doesn't make it any less true that such an expression of doubt by a fanatic does not bode well for PalmOne.

=====

Way-OT: I hold no trading positions overnight - ever. As such, if I were predisposed to short PLMO-the-stock on Monday I would want to pump UP the price this weekend.

Thus your "Love it or leave it, shortie" is DUHmb besides being stupid.
    Seldom, I know you said it was a visceral reaction, but I don't buy that. I, along with others I'm sure, remember your rants about personal attcks that went on for pages! Not once, during any of that time did you ever utter the words "Go **** yourself". Are you okay? Do you need someone to talk to? I'm here if you need me, buddy. Because, quite frankly, if ANYONE is gonna bring you quivering to a "visceral reaction" like that, it must be I. Anything else is like watching Capone go down for tax evation. Unpleasant at best. So chin up, fingers warmed up, and let's have the next round of amusing, albeit totally misguided, spewings, shall we? Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Can sombody get SV out of here?
    And, as in this case, usually totally concur with the gut reaction.

The fact that YOU don't like that a TREO fanatic expressing what amounts to serious doubt about The Next Great Thing out of PalmOne is interesting, true, but doesn't make it any less true that such an expression of doubt by a fanatic does not bode well for PalmOne.

=====

Way-OT: I hold no trading positions overnight - ever. As such, if I were predisposed to short PLMO-the-stock on Monday I would want to pump UP the price this weekend.

Thus your "Love it or leave it, shortie" is DUHmb besides being stupid.
    This is too funny....we have a day-trader here who is giving out "valuable" investment advices. I wonder how you spell oxymoron.....SV?

SV/Hengeem, I don't want to talk stocks or investment issues here with you because, as I have said before, TC is a site for Treo enthuaists, who come here to rant, rave, or even diss treos. And this is what TC is all about, not a forum for you to expxress your views on P1's financial performance or investor sentiments.

Furthermore, I have always suspected your motives on this forum, given your apparent financial interest in P1. Nevertheless, I welcome your input on TC, but I would ask you to limit your comments to Treos, the product, and post your P1 financial/investment related remaks to Yahoo Finance board.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
    That sentiment, expressed by WAY too many TREO fanatics like yourself, is not something PalmOne wants to hear - or investors therein.
    Let me inject a little wisdom into that anti P1 fanatical mind. It's all about market share. P1 is perfectly satisfied with the fact that like most Treo users upgrades will be forth coming at some point.

As I mentioned earlier, my 600 is functioning well and assisting me in my business. If the new 650 has features that enhance, and because of my use, an upgrade is a no brainer. I would venture to say, this is the criteria many users follow. Since it's not clear what the 650 offers, an upgrade is simply not a given.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/17/2004 at 11:17 AM.
    if being honest means dissing p1 so be it. their exiting products are riddled with problems and there future products are lagging behind the competitors. hopefully they read this forum (yeah right) and will at sometime address the users of their products greviences. that would help their share prices.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Banoo
    hopefully they read this forum (yeah right)
    Not only does PalmOne read this forum, they make TreoCentral edit posts here that they do not agree with AND they keep TreoCentral from "printing" articles that they do not want printed.

I personally would assume that at least a few of the regular posters here are PalmOne employees and I have zero doubt that a significant part of the "buzz" on this site is due to their own posting - this particular thread NOT excepted.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Well then they know already how these rumorer specs of the 650 have let us down. 32mb? not cutting it. No EVDO? gonna hold me back from upgrading. Have to buy all new cables since existing ones won't work? Thanks for the Palm loyalty. At the same time they know how much the 650 is wanted. Business people? Will buy it. Have another line of treos down the road 6 months from now? Make the device short lived as possible. Release another device that doesn't have wifi capability and won't work with current cards? I will never buy again. As if no wifi card with the 600 wasn't a let down enough. At least they upgraded the screen. 1 year too late
    Not only does PalmOne read this forum, they make TreoCentral edit posts here that they do not agree with AND they keep TreoCentral from "printing" articles that they do not want printed.

I personally would assume that at least a few of the regular posters here are PalmOne employees and I have zero doubt that a significant part of the "buzz" on this site is due to their own posting - this particular thread NOT excepted.
    I will let TC staff answer your allegations of P1's editorial influence on this board.

As for P1 employees posting here as regulars, I can't speak for others, but I, with only around 135 posts, will certify that:

I have never been nor am an employee, supplier, contractor, consultant, or business assoicate of Palm, Palmsource, Palmone or Handspring.

I hope others on this board will come out and certifiy their independence, and make SV eat his own words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    I will let TC staff answer your allegations of P1's editorial influence on this board.
    Silly person - they already did. That's why I posted that.

Sheesh.
    Silly person - they already did. That's why I posted that.

Sheesh.
    Not exactly -- and precision is important (especially when you're levelling changes, as you are).

I presume you're referring the long explanation of how the TreoCentral store is a key income-generator for the man who runs this site.

If you recall, that explanation came in the immediate wake of the disclosure of the leaked ACE slide from the Sprint presentation. The explanation put forward was that main supplier to the store was the impetus for the take-down and the site's reporting policy.

That is Sprint, not P1.
    I'm glad someone else pointed that out. I can't believe Seldom is slipping so bad. Its depressing, really. I went to see a well known rock band recently. That was depressing too. When you realize your heroes are losing their touch it just makes you face your own mortality. Luckily, Seldom's not my hero, so its really not relevant. Rant on, Little Palm Hater Man.
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    That is Sprint, not P1.
    Revisionist history is interesting.

But revisionist.

Here, try this on for size:

== "...if we sponsor and substantiate a major rumor on the front page, as we
    == found out through our first Treo Ace article, major suppliers, such as
    == sprint or palmone, may relinquish support for the store, and possibly the
    == site. As the store pays for the site, it is important that the store
    == continues running..."

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...33&postcount=1
    What's amusing is you point to an article, that while it DOES support your claim, it also supports ours. I don't believe you're that ignorant, but I've been known to underestimate people's ignorance before.
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Great.. when the Treo 600 came out there was some moron posting all the time in many of the threads, just to be annoying and hoping to control others.

I wasted much time sifting through that drivel to find the real information. Now Seldomvisitor has taken up this task this time (although, constant doom & gloom posts were abundant before the 600 came out, posted largely by Seldom), trying to put doubt and general negativity in many posts.

What a joy to have to read through.. I hope the 650 comes out quickly so we don't have to be subject to this childish behavior masked with manipulative use of esoteric language to artificially enchance a viewpoint.
    Do you know how to use the "Ignore user" feature?
    Perhaps SV is channeling **** Cheney...
    Treo Central Staff
    Can we ban SV as his 'Go **** yourself' statement really hurt me Didn't we cut JOVE out for this As a Brit this type of street language really upsets me But more than this he is such a D**K, G*T abd Pain in the Ars* (Brit for As*).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast